Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm not too worried about the CES comment myself. Honestly, if they don't get it out before Sunday, I'll probably be temporarily disabling updates myself, just in case they do get it out over the holidays. While I have had a bunch of issues with 1.3.1, it'll be too hectic for me over the next few weeks to deal with an update.
    Same boat. Ive had nothing but fracking hell with memory leaks and random luna restarts with 1.3.1 but as much I am desperately wanting 1.3.5, holidays are not the time to deal with update breaks.

Funny how Im now more looking into what an update will break rather than what the update will give now these days.....
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    I doubt it'd be released on a friday. The weekend would have a reduced staff to deal with any emergencies. Maybe on a Tuesday or Monday though? >.<
    I seem to remember a previous update coming in the late hours on a Friday, though I could be mistaken.

The thing about webOS's updating, is that the device checks weekly for updates on its own, I believe. So if they release it on a Friday or weekend, most of the people who get it immediately would be the crazies like us who hit the "Check for Updates" button repeatedly. The people they have to really provide support for, are the ones who have no idea what's going on and just sometime in that next week get a notification that there's an update available.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I seem to remember a previous update coming in the late hours on a Friday, though I could be mistaken.

The thing about webOS's updating, is that the device checks weekly for updates on its own, I believe. So if they release it on a Friday or weekend, most of the people who get it immediately would be the crazies like us who hit the "Check for Updates" button repeatedly. The people they have to really provide support for, are the ones who have no idea what's going on and just sometime in that next week get a notification that there's an update available.
    I think 1.3.1 was released late on a Friday night.

It would make sense that there is a Friday deadline, get it done before you go home, wherever the update is in the approval process.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    I think 1.3.1 was released late on a Friday night......
    Yep, it was on Fri. The 13th.
    I think we had one or two others on the weekend too.
    Forgetting that the next couple weeks will be the holiday shutdown. Telling the public "Ok here is the update you been begging for! See yall in 3 weeks!" just isnt responsible.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Forgetting that the next couple weeks will be the holiday shutdown. Telling the public "Ok here is the update you been begging for! See yall in 3 weeks!" just isnt responsible.
    I too would be surprised if it was released prior to the New Year.
    I haven't noticed messed up ringers and I've been running 1.3.5 RC1 for over two weeks.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    You guys DO realize that 1.3.5 is an update to address problems with 1.3.1 and nothing more. It's an update to an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    You guys DO realize that 1.3.5 is an update to address problems with 1.3.1 and nothing more. It's an update to an update.
    Thank you. I keep reminding ppl it's just a 0.0.4 update. Nothing major can really happen. People are expecting things that can only come with at LEAST a 0.1.0 update.
    I can see all the sad faces now.
    Read the homepage article.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post

Palm gets three weeks off for the Holidays? I gotta work there!
  12.    #132  
    From the article:

Palm Confirms 1.3.5: Speed, Battery, App Limit all to be improved, Plus Investor Call Notes

On today's investor conference call, CEO Jon Rubinstein just confirmed that webOS 1.3.5 is coming soon and will have a bevy of improvements, including:

Allowing for installation of more apps
    Enhances WiFi and app performance
    Improved battery life
    Increased speed and responsiveness on the Palm Pixi
    I just want the lag to go away and everything be speedier. I also can't wait until video recording is available. I've never had a "too many cards" error.

They also need to allow the text alert tones to be longer and for them to be silenced when touching a button.
    Fear the Anteater!, His Jedi powers are too strong for mere mortals.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Thank you. I keep reminding ppl it's just a 0.0.4 update. Nothing major can really happen. People are expecting things that can only come with at LEAST a 0.1.0 update.
    I can see all the sad faces now.
    If you Google "webOS 1.3.5" I can't find that opinion stated anywhere else. These are the kinds of statements being made on other websites:

Ubergizmo:

Owners of the Palm Pre can look forward to news of webOS 1.3.5 being confirmed, where among the massive list of improvements would include the installation of more applications, enhanced Wi-Fi and app performance, better battery life and increased speed and responsiveness for Palm Pixi owners.
    pmptoday:

This webOS firmware update is the solution every Palm Pre users out there has been waiting for which will finally lift the storage limit on apps.
    And it just might be that a big list of developers and others know of much more but are under Non-Disclosure agreements. They would not be able to even confirm that they were under an NDA.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/18/2009 at 01:18 PM.
    my take

given 1.3.1 brought a host of code for things like video camera, but without the utilization for end users.

I think 1.3.1 laid the groundwork for lots of enhancments and improvements and 1.3.5 will actually implement lots of them (maybe not vidrec) just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    If you Google "webOS 1.3.5" I can't find that opinion stated anywhere else. These are the kinds of statements being made on other websites:

Ubergizmo:

pmptoday:

And it just might be that a big list of developers and others know of much more but are under Non-Disclosure agreements. They would not be able to even confirm that they were under an NDA.

- Craig
    Well of course i hope i'm wrong.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I know what time it is!

Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I know what time it is!

[url= - It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!![/url]
    Damn, I thought it was gonna be the one Brian did. (From FG)
    I'm ready for the update I just ran EPR and cleared my theme. I have a good feeling it's coming tonight just like the last update.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 ... LastLast