Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738 LastLast
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    It's taking forever on wifi
    Yeah, mine too. the download bar has only move 1/4 in. in 10 min. wonder if the servers are slammed since there was so much hype about this comin out everyone must be downloading
    Yep, I was the first to post and I've only made it to the second d in "Downloading.." :P
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Download finished unpacking now
    There is a huge 1.3.5 change log now listed on Palm's website

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww
    Thats for 1.3.1
    grabbing it now, wish me luck lol
    Taday!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcollins001 View Post
    Thats for 1.3.1
    Delete your browser cache and reload...it shows 1.3.5 information for me.

webOS 1.3.5

Version information New applications Feature changes to existing applications
    Version information

Version: webOS 1.3.5
    Release date: 28 December 2009
    New applications

NONE

Feature changes to existing applications

App Catalog
    - App Catalog significantly improves the application download experience.
    - A user can now download multiple applications simultaneously.
    - Downloads continue in the background if the user moves away from the download screen.
    - A user can manually pause, resume, and cancel downloads.
    - A user can also download all available updates for the user’s downloaded applications with a single tap.
    - App Catalog automatically resumes downloads in cases where a download was paused because it was interrupted—for example, if a user moves out of network coverage and then moves back into coverage.
    - Users can now take advantage of the full storage capacity of the phone for downloading applications. This gives the user more control over how to allocate the phone’s storage space across applications, music, photos, and other media. Downloaded applications are now stored on the phone’s USB drive.
    - App Catalog lists search results based on an improved search algorithm.
    - Locations from which users can purchase paid apps from App Catalog now include U.S. territories.

Calendar
    - In Day view, switching between days happens more quickly.

Date & Time
    - When the user has network time zone enabled, a city and country are no longer displayed.

Device Info
    - A user can perform a full erase by pressing and holding Sym + the orange/Option key + power for 10 seconds.

Email
    - A user can now edit forwarded text for all email account types.
    - When the user sets up more than one Yahoo! email account, the account names displayed in Account List view include the associated email address so that the user can distinguish them.
    - If an account mailbox is too full to send messages, after the user frees up space in the mailbox on the server, the user can send the messages successfully.
    - The default email signature no longer includes the macron over the “e” in “Pre,” so that the product name shows correctly on a recipient’s phone.

Messaging
    - If a user deletes a conversation with a contact, new conversations with that contact are now correctly displayed in Conversations view.

Screen & Lock
    - When the screen is locked, the time displays in a new font.

Sprint Navigation
    - A user can launch Sprint Navigation from an address in an open contact entry in Contacts.

System
    - Users can now take advantage of the full storage capacity of the phone for downloading applications. This gives the user more control over how to allocate the phone’s storage space across applications, music, photos, and other media. Downloaded applications are now stored on the phone’s USB drive.
    - This update improves battery life in areas of poor wireless network coverage.
    - If the user is working in an application that supports landscape mode (such as Web or Videos), notifications now appear at the bottom of the landscape screen.
    - After a user signs in to an existing Palm profile, applications the user installed from App Catalog are restored in the background. The user can use other features of the phone while the apps are being restored.
    - Swiping to delete a list item that contains a link no longer causes the link to open in the web browser.

Updates
    - After taking the 1.3.5 update, users can download future updates over a 2G (1xRTT , GPRS , EDGE ) data connection by opening Updates and tapping Download Now.

Web
    - The web browser now supports the display of animated GIFs.
    - Audio files with a .3g2 extension play correctly as audio files, not video files.

Security
    - This release includes a security fix to the dev portal. Credit to Kris Siegal for reporting the issue.

Individuals interested in contacting Palm to report suspected security issues can find more information at palm.com/security .
    Last edited by intlbeans; 12/28/2009 at 07:25 PM.
    its not out for Bell in Canada.
    So, someone needs to unlock the official 1.3.5 Features/Discussion/Issues threads
  12. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Anybody hear anything about 1.3.5 for Bell users? The web pages on the Palm site for Bell downloads still only shows 1.3.1.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    iTS OUT DOWNLOADING 1.3.5 NOW!
    Why does a 13MB file take twice as long to unpack as it does to download? Does it have to perform an exorcism of the 1.3.1 update before it installs itself?
    i think they read my poem and decided to release it lol
    My download is taking forever
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    Why does a 13MB file take twice as long to unpack as it does to download? Does it have to perform an exorcism of the 1.3.1 update before it installs itself?
    Same with me, i thought something was up so i quit the update and did a restart and now my wifi doesnt work
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    Screen & Lock
    - When the screen is locked, the time displays in a new font.
    FINALLY!!!!!!

THIS IS THE ONLY REASON I'm not waiting until tonight to download...
    The current font is ugly and kills me inside!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLipson View Post
    FINALLY!!!!!!

THIS IS THE ONLY REASON I'm not waiting until tonight to download...
    The current font is ugly and kills me inside!
    Lets hope the new font isnt any uglier. Lmao.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    woohoo, I knew it was true. slow download for me too.
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)