Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polen View Post
    I totally agree. They are useless. A Palm rep told me that when the Pre reaches 100% charge on the touch stone that its suppose to make a sound every 5 minutes. Useless!
    did make the sound? lmao!
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    +1
    +1
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surgie View Post
    lol... I personally don't care about 1.3.5, I mean yeah it is an improvement, but I'm not on pins and needles about it either. I too feel that if some people are on edge and so frustrated with webOS, then they should just looks elsewhere like maybe android or iphone. I am sticking with palm because I have a feeling webOS will grow into a very productive OS.
    I hope that too, but I don't see how what has come before hand can support that belief. I was at Sprint today exchanging one of Pre's where the screen had cracked, and the Reps aren't even pushing the Pre or Pixi (in fact in this store, the only one in my city, the display pre unit had a crack going from the usb port to the right side of the screen, sigh). One women came in asking for the Pre, and she was pushed to the Samsung moment, and another came in looking at the Pixi and she was pushed to the HTC Hero. I don't think Sprint is behind Palm anymore, and that doesn't look good for Palm.
    I don't remember Palm ever announcing a release for the Pre before it was out. They may have, but I don't remember it.

Not annoucing means they can literally be ready to start sending it out, and still change their mind if they find a last minute problem. No one's the wiser. On the other hand, if they announce, and miss it, there are all kinds of repercussions.

I wouldn't expect a Palm CS chat person to have (and give) the correct answer either.

Bottom line, I don't think there's any way of really telling when it's going to be out, until it actually hits.
    I wanted to scoff at you all for being so obsessive about an update that won't bring anything significant to the table and that you're wasting your time...

...but then I realized I'm sat here refreshing the page virtually wetting myself with excitement like a little girl. Godamn.
    Quote Originally Posted by techiechick View Post
    I removed all my patches and tweaks this morning in anticipation of the update... Man those icons are huge!! ;-)
    I almost forgot how much I had customized the darn thing. It feels like I'm using someone else's phone right now!!
    I'm tempted to put all my patches back... but as soon as I do they'll push the update.. sigh..
    Well, what are you waiting for?! Put'em back, already!

Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Probably because everyone else realized it wasn't going to last forever, got tired of playing this back and forth game in which Apple is destined to win, and thus, found a different and/or better method for managing their music and no longer care.
    Come to think of it, their invitations to gadget blogs and the like during CES did read something akin to "come see and hear what we have", with hear being the operative word. I'd be shocked if they came up with their own solution, with that being said. Amazon is bar none, the only competitor to the iTunes music store, and DoubleTwist does a fantastic job integrating it. Maybe they're licensing DoubleTwist and branding it?
    I for one am not a fan of itunes or the ipod. Got a nano as a xmas gift last year and had it replaced 3 times under warranty, bad battery, a doa replacement, and a screen imploded and smoke came out. This one is real touchy, the jog dialer doesn't always work, but @ least my jvc headunit in my truck solves that with the usb cable, but the folder formats suck. But it was a gift and now its outta warranty so as drago said ''if he dies, he dies''
    Palm prē-ist.
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I don't think that I've ever seen this much to-do over such a minor update. Nearly all the tech blogs are abuzz with 1.3.5 news today.

MobileCrunch, Engadget, Gizmodo, AllThingsD, and more
    Your phone is up to date. errrrrrrrrrrrr
    lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I don't think that I've ever seen this much to-do over such a minor update. Nearly all the tech blogs are abuzz with 1.3.5 news today.

lol it's slow news day? actually a great marketing strategy by Palm if intentional to release it now when its a slow news week during the holidays so that Palm gets more press.
    Like im expecting something different.... Tragic
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    it would also be extremely effective to open the marketing buzz early if something good is hidden inside (*cough* flash support *cough*) that's really worth writing about.

Didn't someone somewhere say Flash support would be here before the end of 2009?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post

it's not healthy... obsessive behavior- is there a cure?... check back later, oh-wait, you will just as I have, every 5 minutes...
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    It is my understanding that this MR is being pushed from SPRINT not PALM, Palm released it to Sprint, Sprint tested/tweeked it on their end then they release it.
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    I hope that too, but I don't see how what has come before hand can support that belief. I was at Sprint today exchanging one of Pre's where the screen had cracked, and the Reps aren't even pushing the Pre or Pixi (in fact in this store, the only one in my city, the display pre unit had a crack going from the usb port to the right side of the screen, sigh). One women came in asking for the Pre, and she was pushed to the Samsung moment, and another came in looking at the Pixi and she was pushed to the HTC Hero. I don't think Sprint is behind Palm anymore, and that doesn't look good for Palm.
    Wow the reps yesterday did everything they could to sell the Pre to everyone who wanted to upgrade. Maybe it's a day thing.. Today we do Pre tomorrow HTC Wednesday we will do Samsung...........LOL

BTW I love my palm pre
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Video Recording!! ***. Its been over 6 months. We have one of the most advanced phones out there. But no video recording. This is all I ASK!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Did what again.. not release the update?

Take a step back, does it really matter? Over half this forum are acting like a mass nuke attack is about to happen, and all life as we know it is going to end... if we don't get this update NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW. All up until it DOES come out, everyone downloads it, than comes BACK into the forums to cry and complain about what it should have, what it doesn't have, and why Sprint and Palm are failing as a partnership and companies..
    very true and I agree with you, but we are also talking about a company that claims itself to be ''the now network'' lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Wow the reps yesterday did everything they could to sell the Pre to everyone who wanted to upgrade. Maybe it's a day thing.. Today we do Pre tomorrow HTC Wednesday we will do Samsung...........LOL

BTW I love my palm pre
    It could be a "sell whats in stock" kinda thing... A lot of retailers will push whatever they have the greatest inventory of, especially if there is little or no difference in profit.

And I love my pre too ;-)