Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Does anyone who owns the update servers we get the OTA updates from? That would probably help put it in perspective on who to believe on when the OTA updates are released.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    No 1.3.5 in Irvine CA yet.
    Irvine, huh? I'm in South Coast Metro (technically, Santa Ana, but who the hell wants to live in Santa Ana?), right by South Coast Plaza. Hi, neighbor!
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    No worries. I was so happy to have possible speed increases, I read it as you did, realized I missed something, read it again, and felt the smile vanish from my face.
    Just to toss a little gas on the dying embers of this one, Rubinstein does say "increase wife and application performance." His statement doesn't seem terribly well-conceived, and so one could take that to mean a lot of things, including a more general performance improvement.

Yes, I'm on vacation, and I'm waiting for my wife to get ready to leave on some errands. So, this is about as vacuous as I get.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    Does anyone who owns the update servers we get the OTA updates from? That would probably help put it in perspective on who to believe on when the OTA updates are released.
    hold on.. let me ask to GOD!... is ringing!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post
    Seriously, all this talk about iTunes support. What does it give to the Pre? Can you sync contacts? Tasks? The calendar? Notes? Because that's all I would see it as useful for (and last I checked, iTunes doesn't support those features). If it's just for moving media files, then just use your PC's standard Explorer (or Finder if a Mac - the Pre does support Mac use right? Not sure there) and copy those files over. Shrug.
    I've never used a Pre with iTunes, but I can say that with the iPod Touch and iPhone at least, iTunes does sync at least calendar and contacts (with Outlook) and Pictures. Regardless, some people don't like drag and drop. I'll do it in a hurry when I'm too lazy to bother with firing up Banshee, but in general, I do like having a media player than syncs with my phone that I can make playlists on (making playlists on Music Remix is not the same, I'm not even going to bother making over multiple playlists, some of which have around 100 songs on this slow device) and drop files on and off of and that automatically makes the correct folder names and file names on the device (I get really anal about this, others, couldn't care less), without having to go through each individual folder myself. It's convenience. What is annoying is when people act as if iTunes is the only thing that can manage music software, it's not even that great of a music player and I hate how everything ever copies its UI, but I understand that people have their player they use and like trying to figure out how to make devices work with them so they don't have to have a bunch of programs. Though they probably shouldn't bother with anything Apple related if that's the case, since they don't like letting anything not sanctioned with them work with the device. I'm still ever grateful to them for when they changed their hash and dismantled several non-iTunes syncing methods with their devices...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Well, nobody seems to be talking about the most important possible fix of all - are they going to get iTunes working again?
    If they do, then I'm leaving Sprint for a droid on Verizon.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    lol... I personally don't care about 1.3.5, I mean yeah it is an improvement, but I'm not on pins and needles about it either. I too feel that if some people are on edge and so frustrated with webOS, then they should just looks elsewhere like maybe android or iphone. I am sticking with palm because I have a feeling webOS will grow into a very productive OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    20:17 Snyder: We have seen that many of our customers are inquiring on this. To be honest with you, as of now, we do not have any information on releasing the update today.
    20:18 Snyder: Thank you for understanding.
    20:18 Snyder: Is there anything else that I can assist you

That was from a chat with a palm rep just now.

Looks like no update today =/
    ask to some palm rep about this.... is like ask to a kid of 1 year old what is his name!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by surgie View Post
    lol... I personally don't care about 1.3.5, I mean yeah it is an improvement, but I'm not on pins and needles about it either. I too feel that if some people are on edge and so frustrated with webOS, then they should just looks elsewhere like maybe android or iphone. I am sticking with palm because I have a feeling webOS will grow into a very productive OS.
    sometime,someday..... palm is going to grow fosha lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Then maybe you should pick a phone that makes you happier. Griping only raises blood pressure, and doesn't elicit much sympathy on message boards, given that you chose to buy a phone with no video recording.

My office should have a foot massager in it, but my constant complaining hasn't made one appear yet.
    Nothing worse than a holier than though complainer about complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Well, nobody seems to be talking about the most important possible fix of all - are they going to get iTunes working again?
    Probably because everyone else realized it wasn't going to last forever, got tired of playing this back and forth game in which Apple is destined to win, and thus, found a different and/or better method for managing their music and no longer care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    20:17 Snyder: We have seen that many of our customers are inquiring on this. To be honest with you, as of now, we do not have any information on releasing the update today.
    20:18 Snyder: Thank you for understanding.
    20:18 Snyder: Is there anything else that I can assist you

That was from a chat with a palm rep just now.

Looks like no update today =/
    And I am sure that palm wouldn't brush this under the rug. If one can put two and two together...nothing about 1.3.5 being released today on palms blog/twitter/facebook. Reps saying they have no knowledge of it...etc. It is obvious that this was a misunderstanding on sprints part
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I just don't want it to update before I take out the patches...but who wants to use the Pre without all the homebrew bells and whistles??

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    +1
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    If they do, then I'm leaving Sprint for a droid on Verizon.
    Good!!! And good riddance to you, you whiner...

(just so everyone knows, it's all a joke...)
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    I just don't want it to update before I take out the patches...but who wants to use the Pre without all the homebrew bells and whistles??
    im waiting until the last minute to take out my patches,themes,plug ins
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Probably because everyone else realized it wasn't going to last forever, got tired of playing this back and forth game in which Apple is destined to win, and thus, found a different and/or better method for managing their music and no longer care.
    It was said tounge in cheek. I've never run iTunes on anyting...
    Me......LOL!

I don't have any homebrew stuff on my Pre and I still like it. But I'm learning more and more and maybe....just maybe ... someday I'll add homebrew bells and whistles.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    ask to some palm rep about this.... is like ask to a kid of 1 year old what is his name!!!!
    I totally agree. They are useless. A Palm rep told me that when the Pre reaches 100% charge on the touch stone that its suppose to make a sound every 5 minutes. Useless!
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    I removed all my patches and tweaks this morning in anticipation of the update... Man those icons are huge!! ;-)
    I almost forgot how much I had customized the darn thing. It feels like I'm using someone else's phone right now!!
    I'm tempted to put all my patches back... but as soon as I do they'll push the update.. sigh..
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)