Code:
    while (speed <= slow)
    {
         speed++;
    }
    That is all I want
    That's hilarious!!!!
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Just checking in to see if we are going to get the update (1.3.5) before xmas. I want to know because I'm going away and if it happens while I'm visiting relatives for xmas, I will need to bring my laptop (for WebOSQI to get the Pre ready).

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Remove patches today, problem avoided.

...or run Preware "emergency patch removal" immediately after the update is finished. It can be found in Preware under linux applications.
    um.. yeah.... As I said above, the damage is already done so telling me to remove the patches today to avoid the problem is a hindsight judgement on me, not a solution. If you re-read my post you will see that I explained why I was aware of that but circumstances made it impossible. I also mentioned that the emergency patch removal in Preware and Quick Install runs but does not resolve the issue. I should've clarified more so here goes...

First I ran the Emergency Uninstall from Preware. After which, the patches that had been installed prior to the update were not listed in either as being installed on my Pre. I then attempted to reinstall the patches but the installation Linux scripts that executed on the Pre gave me errors both times saying that the patches were already installed in contradiction to what Preware was saying. This happened for every single patch that had been installed prior to the update. I repeated the entire process with the Emergency Unistall tool in Quick Install but had the same result.

Preware/Quick Install must be looking at something different than the Linux installation scripts when determining if a patch is installed. I think the Linux installation scripts must be seeing some leftover remnant from when the patch was actually installed, even though the patch itself is not.

On the flip side, I can easily install any patch that was NOT INSTALLED PRIOR to the upgrade. That is because, since the patch was never installed before, there is no remnant confusing the Linux installation script.

I am having this problem with every patch that was installed prior to the upgrade. That suggests that whatever remnant is leftover, it has to be something very similar, if not the same, for all the patches. I was a UNIX administrator for many years and know my way around a root command prompt. So even if fixing this requires me to go into the command prompt to delete or edit something (assuming Linux has the mighty vi?) leftover I can do it. I just need to know what I am looking for.

I am not the only one having this problem and will not be the last. I know this problem is somewhat complicated, so thank you in advance to anyone who can help.
    Last edited by Bob-C; 12/17/2009 at 09:58 AM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    I know this really does not answer your question/solve the problem, but the way I manage the uncertainty of OTA updates is to turn them off. A link to the instructions is in my sig. This way, if you are traveling or otherwise unavailable when an update hits, you get to choose the time that you install it.

I had a problem similar to yours when Palm Support had me do a partial erase to solve an email problem, and I went along with them without thinking of the patches I had installed. I could neither remove nor reinstall them, so I doctored my phone. As others have said, it is not as painful as it might seem.
    Now THAT is useful information. I will definitely take a look at your link and implement that. Thank you.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    come onnnnnn 1.3.5. i loveeee patches.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Wish List:

Pandora Quality back to what it was!
    Aux Cable + Mic Working!
    Speed Increase
    App Limit
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    All I want for Christmas is a new Bluetooth stack. I'm now officially angry with my Pre for its inability to work correctly with my Infiniti.
    The connection to my 2008 Infinity g35 has been OK since the last update. I just had to get a replacement pre and that one did not connect to the Infinity, so I had to get another, which connected, no problem.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I manually replaced "carrier database" and "autoreplace" and "alternatechars_table" with edited versions.

Do I need to remove those "patches" before 1.3.5 update ?

It's kind of tedious and automatic removal with QI/Preware won't help

I had a crash the other day and I doctored my Pre to 1.1.3 by mistake, I replaced "carrier database" and then realized wrong version. I then updated to 1.3.1 and had no problem. I only had to upload edited version of "carrier database" again.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks, Kreso
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I would be very appreciative if something could be added as to what to do if the firmware update does a forced installation BEFORE you have a chance to remove the patches.
    I thought my EPR advice was sound. Especially in the context of this tread, 1.3.5 anticipation.

So I will say again...if 1.3.5 installs on it's own before you have a chance to remove your patches run the Preware EPR ASAP.

If you are currently having issues with previous auto upgrades 1.2.0, 1.2.1 or 1.3.1, this isn't the thread for that.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Speed Increase (just a little would be fine ) or better battery life
    App Limit Fix
    App purchasing in rest of the world
    Yahoo Mail flawless working
    Working APN/MMS manual settings for unsupported Carriers
    More int. input characters: ĄČĘĖĮŲŪ

Im planing to doctor my Pre for 1.3.5 update (first time), to get fresh start.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    My personal priority list:

improved battery life
    improved Calendar
    AppCatalog for non-US users
    improved Universal Search (calendar search, full contact details search..)

APN editing
    more reliable backup (including full backup)
    speed improvement

Kreso
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    +1 on the universal search beef up!

I watch the droid commercial where they ask "Does your phone search for contacts named Human (which would be weird)..." and say yes, yes....no :-(

I would like to see the pre give the option to search my music for titles/artists, I think it searches just about everything else right?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Where is the when will we get it thread or poll?
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    I just got done reading the front page article about 1.3.5 possibly moving the apps from /var to /media/internal . I am both happy and concerned over this change. I'm happy because of the obvious of not having that annoying, not enough room error. But at the same time is that they are imposing encryption onto a folder when you go into usb disk mode.

Here is a possible future chain of events that i see with this issue.
    1. patch comes out (Yay!!)
    2. people try and get access to the encrypted folder.
    3. people succeed to obtaining access to encrypted folder ( i already have a handful of ideas of doing this already)
    4. palm locks down those ways and then starts locking down other parts of the phone in hopes of people not breaking into the apps folder.
    5. palm begins actively shutting down any sites/activity that involves homebrew/hacking of the palm pre.
    6. cats and dogs sleeping together, mass hysteria.

I hope i'm wrong and this is just a bit of "tin foil hat" paranoia.
    Do you think that Palm looks at this site, realizes a lot of people Mod the phone and then forget to remove stuff, upgrade and then have all sorts of problems that Palm & Sprint have to deal with? I guess it the tough decision, let people improve the phone or do you have more problems with that happening? Interesting questions you raise, but given all the problems with 1.3.1 I think its possible. I am sure when the Sprint or Palm CS person says have you ever moded the phone some say, "OH NO I WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT!". If the person is honest, then they may be SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    I just got done reading the front page article about 1.3.5 possibly moving the apps from /var to /media/internal . I am both happy and concerned over this change. I'm happy because of the obvious of not having that annoying, not enough room error. But at the same time is that they are imposing encryption onto a folder when you go into usb disk mode.

Here is a possible future chain of events that i see with this issue.
    1. patch comes out (Yay!!)
    2. people try and get access to the encrypted folder.
    3. people succeed to obtaining access to encrypted folder ( i already have a handful of ideas of doing this already)
    4. palm locks down those ways and then starts locking down other parts of the phone in hopes of people not breaking into the apps folder.
    5. palm begins actively shutting down any sites/activity that involves homebrew/hacking of the palm pre.
    6. cats and dogs sleeping together, mass hysteria.

I hope i'm wrong and this is just a bit of "tin foil hat" paranoia.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    1. LAG...LAG...LAG!

2. I would also like to have a voice dial application or the ability to have one in the future. Our state just passed a law that there is no texting allowed and soon will be laws against talking on the phone and must use a hands-free device.

Is there an app out yet where you can translate voice into text?
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    I'm relatively content.
    "too many cards" issue resolution would be nice.
    video recording would be nice
    file manager (i know there's Internalz, but I'd like to see it be official solution)
    Ya know, I'd almost just be happy if they'd separate the ringtone volume control from the alert/messaging tones!!!!!!! Ya know, like BEFORE 1.3.1!!! Sheesh, what a pain in the ***** it is, the way it is now. I mean, it BLOWS.

Lifting the app limit also would not suck.
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I would like the option to 'open' or 'save' files downloaded in the browser, or email attachments (mainly for ringers). I know there's a patch for that, but having it built in would be better.

I'd like better bluetooth support, i.e., the ability to transfer files to/from the Pre.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I just hope the choppy Sprint Navigation voice gets fixed!
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast