Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Can we call sprint/palm and ask?
    let's not all be pessimistic, I remember the last update (1.3.1) actually coming out earlier than the expected date last month. But I still won't hold my breath
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Will England, Sprint's forum Admin posted three hours ago (11:49am) on his facebook page "Software updates are out for the @palm Pre and Pixi from @sprint."
    wow I'm just waiting for the update to come out before I epr my phone . Its hard to do without the patches ha ha!! Its like quitting smoking .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What are you basing this on? Jon Rubenstein seems to have a different spin on it than you, but then... what does he know?
    The Palm investor call. Multiple sources have the quote(s), but our trusty friend, PreCentral does as well: http://www.precentral.net/palm-confi...tor-call-notes

Note how it's speed increases for the Palm Pixi only? I wasn't too happy hearing that, either.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    Can we call sprint/palm and ask?
    what in the world is this going to do except waste peoples time and money?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Its almost like we (pre owners) have Stockholm syndrome. Palm is our oppressive capture be we still love'em to death.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    And now Gizmodo is claiming this update will be out today:

WebOS 1.3.5 Coming Today: Faster, Stronger But Not iTunesier
    WebOS 1.3.5 for the Palm Pixi and Pre should be dropping today, with better battery life and MMS fixes, according to yanked release notes. Not there: a fix for broken iTunes support. Has Palm given up the gambit?
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    Most users have Sprint? Not in the UK, Germany, Canada etc. etc. etc. they dont!
    I understand completely, and stand by my comment (as it was stated).

Most users are in the US. There is only one carrier (currently) for the Pre in the US, thus most users have Sprint.

Plus, more to the heart of the issue, when the Sprint Navigation app was built, all users were Sprint users.
    Last edited by hparsons; 12/28/2009 at 03:09 PM.
    From what I've seen in the past, I can't rely on sprint to provide valid information about the updates. I would be focused on what palm is saying and not sprint...but only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    And now Gizmodo is claiming this update will be out today:

WebOS 1.3.5 Coming Today: Faster, Stronger But Not iTunesier
    WebOS 1.3.5 for the Palm Pixi and Pre should be dropping today, with better battery life and MMS fixes, according to yanked release notes. Not there: a fix for broken iTunes support. Has Palm given up the gambit?
    Hopefully so, there are so many easy ways to get around itunes that it isn't even an issue anymore. Adding a fix for itunes will just bring out all of the iclones trolls again.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    just talked to sprint they said yes it should be out today So I went to Palm and on their chat window.

2:54 PM Garner:
    I suggest you go through our blog site for more information on the latest updates with Palm.

2:54 PM Garner has sent a link: The Official Palm Blog

2:54 PM ME: is it expected out today as Sprint said
    2:55 PM Garner: I am sorry it is not.
    2:55 PM Garner: We are looking forward for the update to get released officially.
    2:55 PM ME: oh ok I wish Sprint would stop that
    2:56 PM ME: do you know anything about the sdk and programming
    2:56 PM Garner: I came to know that they have published this on their website
    2:56 PM Garner: No
    2:57 PM ME: yeah they have done this before thanks for your help
    2:57 PM Garner: Thank you for your patience with me.
    2:57 PM Garner: You are most welcome. Is there anything else I could help you with?
    2:57 PM ME: no not at this time thanks bye
    2:57 PM Garner: Here's the reference number for our chat:--------. Keep this number as a record of this chat, and if you need to call our Voice Support team or contact us again for this same issue, please refer to this number.
    2:57 PM Garner: If you still have any issues, please get back to us using the session ID , I will be glad to assist you with it.
    2:58 PM Garner: Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. A customer survey will pop up once the chat ends. Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.
    2:58 PM Garner: Have a wonderful day!
    2:58 PM Garner: Bye!
    Seriously, all this talk about iTunes support. What does it give to the Pre? Can you sync contacts? Tasks? The calendar? Notes? Because that's all I would see it as useful for (and last I checked, iTunes doesn't support those features). If it's just for moving media files, then just use your PC's standard Explorer (or Finder if a Mac - the Pre does support Mac use right? Not sure there) and copy those files over. Shrug.
    What are you basing this on? Jon Rubenstein seems to have a different spin on it than you, but then... what does he know?
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    The Palm investor call. Multiple sources have the quote(s), but our trusty friend, PreCentral does as well: http://www.precentral.net/palm-confi...tor-call-notes

Note how it's speed increases for the Palm Pixi only? I wasn't too happy hearing that, either.
    I stand corrected. Even after I read your link, I thought "See, right there, he says "Increased speed and responsiveness" ... oh... nevermind".
    No 1.3.5 in Irvine CA yet.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    this update better be good I'm getting frustrated with my pre. The hero is looking better everyday
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I stand corrected. Even after I read your link, I thought "See, right there, he says "Increased speed and responsiveness" ... oh... nevermind".
    No worries. I was so happy to have possible speed increases, I read it as you did, realized I missed something, read it again, and felt the smile vanish from my face.
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    Man that the 2nd time you riped someone on the same post if you dont have something to contribute then stfu,We have a right to be upset if sprint **** it up again theres alot of peple waiting on this new update

Yeah, so you all can just talk more **** about Sprint and Palm.. Oh wait, that happens regardless.

The update will come out when it comes out. If Sprint has a bad track record of doing this, why do you and many others still get your hopes up? lol. Kinda like shooting yourself in the foot, don't you think?

Everyone makes mistakes, just grow up and move on. It's not the end of the world. Do you think you really NEED this update? Like I said above.. Once it comes out, you and many others will be right back here to complain about what was done wrong, and what they should have done. Please, just leave webOS all together, and let the rest of us just enjoy the phone as it is. If webOS, Palm, or even Sprint can't give you what you want; please, by all means, leave. You'll be doing us all a big favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    No worries. I was so happy to have possible speed increases, I read it as you did, realized I missed something, read it again, and felt the smile vanish from my face.
    Well, nobody seems to be talking about the most important possible fix of all - are they going to get iTunes working again?
    20:17 Snyder: We have seen that many of our customers are inquiring on this. To be honest with you, as of now, we do not have any information on releasing the update today.
    20:18 Snyder: Thank you for understanding.
    20:18 Snyder: Is there anything else that I can assist you

That was from a chat with a palm rep just now.

Looks like no update today =/