Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Unless you have a Pixi, and therefore a female (I kid, I kid), there are no speed improvements. That's right folks, no speed improvements for the Palm Pre.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not) but didn't Palm tout speed as one of it's core features? Pretty sure the chip used in the Pre was one of the fastest chips out. For a phone built on web standards, it's horribly slow. Anyone here used an iPhone 3GS lately? Or the Droid? Makes the Pre seem ancient.

Dear Palm,
    Fix it!
    Couldn't agree with you more. I'll stick w/ the Pre till my contract is up... which is 2011 so I am hoping the WebOS will be either a lot better by then.
    Lol. Anticipation sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmark61 View Post
    I went to Preware/Installed Packages/Patches and one by one removed each of the 6 patches I had. First, the notification LED blinker is still working...shouldn't it be disabled if I no longer have the patch?

Also, in my Linux application folder I see a GNU Patch. Must that also be removed? I don't even remember loading that one.

My impression was only those in the Patch folder needed to be removed.

Some help would be much appreciated.

TIA
    You need to install the blinker patch again and turn it off via the settings then uninstall the patch...
    Maybe you need to be employed by Palm if this stuff is such a big deal to you and is so easy to come out with.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 12/28/2009 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ualdayan View Post
    The camera already shows a realtime preview of what it's seeing. Just add a blinking red light to show it's recording, and there you go as far as a viewfinder.
    You're talking two different things.

The still camera does as you state. However, you will notice that when you take the picture, the realtime preview goes away. This is because, in its current state, the Pre cannot send a video feed to multiple destinations.

No offense meant, but it's things like this that point out the difference between saying how "easy" something is, and actually trying to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Unless you have a Pixi, and are therefore a female (I kid, I kid), there are no speed improvements. That's right folks, no speed improvements for the Palm Pre.
    What are you basing this on? Jon Rubenstein seems to have a different spin on it than you, but then... what does he know?
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    They did it again. thanks sprint
    Did what again.. not release the update?

Take a step back, does it really matter? Over half this forum are acting like a mass nuke attack is about to happen, and all life as we know it is going to end... if we don't get this update NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW. All up until it DOES come out, everyone downloads it, than comes BACK into the forums to cry and complain about what it should have, what it doesn't have, and why Sprint and Palm are failing as a partnership and companies..
    waiting around for this update realy sucks
    Maybe they got their calendars mixed. Maybe it was for next Monday, the beginning of CES.

Sure would be nice to have it now, though. Its a slow week at work and I can take my time to uninstall all of my patches and marvel at the goodness inside of 1.3.5. Just saying...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    waiting around for this update realy sucks
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mhelfer View Post
    +1
    +1
    +1 . Im 3 days away from buying my WebOS device and i want to see what it brings to the table. Im anxious.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    +1
    +9
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. I'll stick w/ the Pre till my contract is up... which is 2011 so I am hoping the WebOS will be either a lot better by then.
    What would you do if someone told you you didn't have to wait that long?

Leave Sprint in January without an ETF.
    the site seems to be working fine here in PA and is still listed as today for the update
    Nothing Los Angeles 11:30 :-( I already removed all patches and am soo ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    +1 . Im 3 days away from buying my WebOS device and i want to see what it brings to the table. Im anxious.
    Well, it's already listed of what this update is going to fix/repair/upgrade/update.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Did what again.. not release the update?

Take a step back, does it really matter? Over half this forum are acting like a mass nuke attack is about to happen, and all life as we know it is going to end... if we don't get this update NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW. All up until it DOES come out, everyone downloads it, than comes BACK into the forums to cry and complain about what it should have, what it doesn't have, and why Sprint and Palm are failing as a partnership and companies..
    Man that the 2nd time you riped someone on the same post if you dont have something to contribute then stfu,We have a right to be upset if sprint **** it up again theres alot of peple waiting on this new update
    sprint did this once before. I'm betting its lazy sprint web designer not double checking the dates.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  20. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You lost me on this one, most Pre users have Sprint, so how do you figure "most Pre users cant even access" Sprint Nav?
    Most users have Sprint? Not in the UK, Germany, Canada etc. etc. etc. they dont!