Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    no go syracuse ny 1:20pm
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    I think the bigger question is how soon will be get a MAJOR update such as a 2.0 release?
    Probably June, it's cool that we've gotten all these great minor updates in just six months though.

The app limit fix is a major bugfix, as there are a ton of cool apps out there. For the price of one PlayStation 3 game, you can get 10-30 games/apps, all bringing hours of amusement. Mancala, Toppleball, Spades, Paratroopers, Tetris, etc.

I consider this a worthy update, beyond what video recording brings to the table.

But alas, people still regard video recording as a symbolic thing, which somehow makes webOS more "complete" than unlimited apps.
    The 2.0 is what will probably be announced at CES, who knows, maybe even with a promo video of what we can expect.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Dear Santa from this 0.0.4 build I require the following items, if I don't get them I will flame this thread along with similiar threads from Engadget/Gizmodo exclaiming my disappointment:

1) The phone must transform into a wearable heads up display and create a complete augmented reality environment
    2) It goes without saying that from within my augmented reality device I will be able to record a video of my day to day activities that people will upload to youtube in real time.
    3) universal search should be updated to use gDay™ with MATE™ so that I can search tomorrow's lottery numbers thus making me super rich.
    4) Again it is ovbious that this 0.0.4 update will include a completely exposed GPU that will be used to render the augmented reality environment from item #1.
    5) Furthermore as you already know it is completely pointless to release 1.3.5 without 1000 new games that run on the newly exposed GPU.

Those are my top 5 requests. Please ensure they are released today.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    This is also probably whats holding back video recording as the alpha precorder can't do a viewfinder due to lack of hardware acceleration.
    The camera already shows a realtime preview of what it's seeing. Just add a blinking red light to show it's recording, and there you go as far as a viewfinder.
    Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    For me...I could do without video. Just fix the LAG!!!
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Wait - so asking for the Pre to actually use the GPU is some insane, asinine, over-the-top request? Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhelfer View Post
    2) It goes without saying that from within my augmented reality device I will be able to record a video of my day to day activities that people will upload to youtube in real time.
    Be sure to post instructions so we can all subscribe. Oh, and do you have a twitter address we can follow??
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Cayman Islands at 1:45pm....

Still no 1.3.5 joy.

...goin' swimin' ;-)
    Nothing yet for me 1:45 michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    For me...I could do without video. Just fix the LAG!!!
    I agree.
    I'm a bit worried that there's no mention of speed improvements.
    notthing here in pa @ 2
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Wow, better battery performance while in low signal area? More apps? Yawn

How about fixing the calendar? Is it really that hard?
    wow I feel like i'm in the past...lol...its 12:50pm and nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Cayman Islands at 1:45pm....

Still no 1.3.5 joy.

...goin' swimin' ;-)
    Nothing in Ma yet.. "swimming? It's snowing and 20 deg F here!.. I'm jelous
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Sprints support page is now "Down for maintenance" Makes me think that the 1.3.5 update notice was a mistake...
    Nothing yet in Palm Beach...although this has been posted on Sprints Site before...and then it was yanked...lol. When it arrives it arrives...
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    not happy - just realistic. as a hobbyist developer, normally a 0.0.4 represents just four iterations from a previous release. A MAJOR release would require a lot more testing/QA so it doesnt suprise me that a 0.0.4 release just introduces a few features. That being said, allgedly fixing the app storage limit and improving the speed and battery is more than I would have expected for a 0.0.4 release
    Quote Originally Posted by reid-o View Post
    I agree.
    I'm a bit worried that there's no mention of speed improvements.
    Unless you have a Pixi, and are therefore a female (I kid, I kid), there are no speed improvements. That's right folks, no speed improvements for the Palm Pre.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not)— but didn't Palm tout speed as one of it's core features? Pretty sure the chip used in the Pre was one of the fastest chips out. For a phone built on web standards, it's horribly slow. Anyone here used an iPhone 3GS lately? Or the Droid? Makes the Pre seem ancient.

Dear Palm,
    Fix it!
    Last edited by buyrihn; 12/28/2009 at 02:11 PM.
    They did it again. thanks sprint
    careful those words will get you flamed around here lol