Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 35 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think that "what ever happened" is that the spoiled "me generation" is beginning to grow up and realize that they really get very little by "demanding" with whiney complaints.

Demand in the business world is created (and filled) with purchase dollars. If you don't like what a company is doing, don't buy their products or services.
    If the "me generation" are the consumers expressing their expectations" then what do you call the generation that lowers expectations and spends their freetime defending a corporate entity instead?

I agree. People should (and will) speak with their dollars, and we definitely will see that when contracts are up. Even if the unpaid palm defense force will claim "most" customers are satisfied, the overall number isn't enough to compete in a world where the competition (and the "Me Generation" customers) are demanding their products to live up to its potential.

The pre is a fantastic product but its not going to survive without consumer support. And it won't get consumer support without keeping up with the industry and its demanding customers.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    It was posted on Sprints Official Forum by A Sprint Admin, So I tend to think he got (Internal) word it was today.
    Palm WebOS Phones:12/28 Maintenance Release WebOS – 1.3.5...
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    What I find hilarious is that people feel the need to defend Palm the company with statements like "They are a small company", "They can't do everything all at once", "They don't have the resources", and "It will take time". All seem to be reasons why one shouldn't logically expect very much from this platform in the near future and should consider moving on to something else.
    You really find that "hilarious"? (Personally, I think that's just a little more hyperbole).

First of all, I see it less as "defending Palm", and more as "facing reality". Things like "They are a small company", "They can't do everything all at once", "They don't have the resources", and "It will take time" are all facts, hilarious or not. And they are indeed reasons why one "shouldn't logically expect very much from this platform in the near future", and is exactly so many have been excited by what Palm has done.

This was a company that, according to most "experts" should have been out of business by this time. Instead, they've done an amazing turn around, and are continuing to do so.

As far as the "consider moving to something else", I take the opposite view. Their success in spite of their size and limited resources shows what a resourceful company they are, and holds a lot of promise for those that are willing to enjoy the ride.
    Urkel
    "The pre is a fantastic product but its not going to survive without consumer support. And it won't get consumer support without keeping up with the industry and its demanding customers."

+1
    Jesus people! You sound like spoiled children complaining about video recording. You don't like it get another phone and stop complaining. If you needed that bad get it from home brew or quick install. The Alpha version recording is superb i use it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    If the "me generation" are the consumers expressing their expectations" then what do you call the generation that lowers expectations and spends their freetime defending a corporate entity instead?

I agree. People should (and will) speak with their dollars, and we definitely will see that when contracts are up. Even if the unpaid palm defense force will claim "most" customers are satisfied, the overall number isn't enough to compete in a world where the competition (and the "Me Generation" customers) are demanding their products to live up to its potential.

The pre is a fantastic product but its not going to survive without consumer support. And it won't get consumer support without keeping up with the industry and its demanding customers.
    I guess we'll have to disagree about whether or not the "overall number isn't enough to compete". I think it is. Palm thinks it is. If it's not, there are other phones out there, and frankly, I won't lose a second's sleep over switching.
    I'm not removing anything until I see its out. I LOVE my VK patch.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Please! stop complaining and leave spring in January no early termination fee will be charge. And get the droid. People are so picky and spoiled.
    Actually, I'd strongly suspect that Palm would want to release 1.3.5 *well* before CES, to ensure that if there are any problems found in the broader rollout, they can be fixed with a quick patch before the "showcase" on January 7. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Waiting...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teewinot View Post
    Waiting in anticipation. I'd have to say....I'm one of the ones clicking update every 10 minutes.
    I'm hitting F5 on this thread every minute.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    if you look at the top of the Sprint page that "everyone" is referencing, it says near the top.....

Last updated: Dec 22, 2009

Soooooo, three days before Christmas, they predicted that it would be released today?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I removed the patch for led notification, yet it still blinks. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleCZR View Post
    Jesus people! You sound like spoiled children complaining about video recording. You don't like it get another phone and stop complaining. If you needed that bad get it from home brew or quick install. The Alpha version recording is superb i use it all the time.
    These are the very stupid comments I'm talking about.

@hparsons sure it was never promised but you cannot compare slingplayer to some BASIC functions that virtually all smart or non-smart cell phones have. I guess I shouldn't really be surprised, after all the Pre is now run by an ex apple exec, and we know how slow apple is with adding basic functions.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Somebody is on the comments thread at Engadget claiming it adds real visual voicemail, the ability to search Gmail and Bluetooth voice dialing.

Should be interesting once the smoke clears.
    Well, someone on these forums commented that it adds video recording and finally utilizes the GPU, giving us a speedier OS. Where, you ask? Right here. The fact that both he and I are talking out of our collective ***** shouldn't add to whatever smoke is starting to coalesce.
    Last edited by buyrihn; 12/28/2009 at 11:38 AM.
    The last few updates have been inbetween 5 PM and 8 PM CST. I think I will only refresh my updates every hour until then. Super stoked.
    the led notifications came out in the last update if i remember correctly
    If people didn't have unlikely hopes for future patches to hang onto, the world of WebOS would be a much gloomier place.

I, myself, have bought into the hype about the upcoming CES show and HOPE to see some amazing unannounced developments from Jon Rubinstein's address. Do I think that's likely? No. But I hope nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    These are the very stupid comments I'm talking about.
    Urging people to stop acting like children, in this instance, is a very intelligent comment, IMO.

@hparsons sure it was never promised but (rest of rant deleted)
    That's kind of an important point. When we bought our phones, we did so with the specific features included. We may want updates to address others, but whining about the fact that Palm didn't (and never promised to) provide something that you want is simply childish.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    i think I always had a phone with a video recorder and a camera but I never use them.
    I use the camera from time to time, but really haven't needed the video recorder since my kids got bigger and less cute.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G