Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 743
  1. #461  
    Anyone else seeing that the Sprint Config version from that sprint article was still 2.0? Every single webos updates has also updated this too..

    Ill belive it when I see the webos doctor, not bothering with the OTA with this soooo fail 1.3.1 version.
  2. #462  
    I doubt it will be out today, so far it is usually 2 or 3 days after most people "confirm" it will be out "today"
  3. Levi4u's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #463  
    Posted on BAW;
    - Improvements in battery life optimization when in marginal coverage areas.
    - Fixed distortion of contact pictures shown in Phone Application
    - Missed reminder folder is no longer missing in the Clear All button

    - QCELP capability fix to allow play and audio of video sent via MMS
    - Random power-cycling issue corrected
    - Corrected if speed dial pressed too long resulting in message Unable to Connect. No free lines
    - Launch Google Maps or Sprint Navigation when tapping an address for contacts
  4. #464  
    I would have to say that because of the CES focus on this update, there are much higher expectations for it than a .004 bug fix release. Palm is the one who put the expectation spotlight on it.
  5. opg4759's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #465  
    Just the fact that this is a short holiday week and with X-mas just happening, I'm sure that there are lower levels of CS employees this week with vacations and such the Palm support at sprint tends to be US based. That Sprint would not want to release a a OS upgrade when historically this week is heavy for new activations as well as deactivations due to Xmas presents.

    I'm betting someone just updated the page incorrectly.
  6. #466  
    I think the high hopes do come because of CES. We all know everyone is going to show up trying to outdo one another and we don't want to be left in the dust talking about multi tasking.
  7. Leke's Avatar
    Posts
    597 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    #467  
    I'm sick and tired of people down playing concerns over video recording. For some ppl it may mean nothing to them, even if it was just one person there is no need to downplay it and suggest they get an iPhone or go elsewhere. For me i could care less about facebook, but I understand ppls concern over a good FB app. Why do we then pay for the ability to send pictures and video if there is no way to even record them?

    Thats the whole point in having a smart phone to be able to have a one stop shop other than just to make phone calls. I dont want to hold a camcorder, I dont want to hold a digi-cam, I dont want to hold my laptop for internet, I dont want to have a mini voice recorder. Ideally I would like all of that on my SMART phone.
  8. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #468  
    so we're at the point now that Palms own users have to do damage control for the companies underwhelming product updates? Whether it be a .001 or 1.0 update, if a realistic feature is missing then it should be expected in an update.

    What ever happened to the consumer demanding features and improvements rather than defending why we should be satisfied with a products slow development.

    (insert defense for Palms slow development here...)
    Last edited by Urkel; 12/28/2009 at 11:49 AM.
  9. #469  
    Somebody is on the comments thread at Engadget claiming it adds real visual voicemail, the ability to search Gmail and Bluetooth voice dialing.

    Should be interesting once the smoke clears.
  10. #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by opg4759 View Post
    Just the fact that this is a short holiday week and with X-mas just happening, I'm sure that there are lower levels of CS employees this week with vacations and such the Palm support at sprint tends to be US based.
    ...
    Not to rain on your parade, but I've seen variations on this from a few different folks, and thought I'd chime in.

    In most technology fields, tech folks are frequently not permitted to take vacation time around holidays (though they may get the holidays off). The back end support people (not first level CS) will frequently use this time to get things done - fewer people in the offices means that servers can be worked on less intrusively, projects can be worked on, completed, whatever. In first level support, especially support that involves consumer items, staffs are usually increased to handle the higher number of calls that come in.

    I've been doing this a while, and while it's not universal across the board, you'll find that for most IT folks the holidays mean very little additional time off.

    To bring it home a little, I was on-call for the government agency I contract for on both the 26th and 27th. Quiet weekend, but I still had to be available.

    I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this update come out before the weekend. Past experience says that Sprint putting on their website may not really mean today, but don't be surprised to see it before Friday.
  11. #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I'm sick and tired of people down playing concerns over video recording. For some ppl it may mean nothing to them, even if it was just one person there is no need to downplay it and suggest they get an iPhone or go elsewhere. For me i could care less about facebook, but I understand ppls concern over a good FB app. Why do we then pay for the ability to send pictures and video if there is no way to even record them?

    Thats the whole point in having a smart phone to be able to have a one stop shop other than just to make phone calls. I dont want to hold a camcorder, I dont want to hold a digi-cam, I dont want to hold my laptop for internet, I dont want to have a mini voice recorder. Ideally I would like all of that on my SMART phone.
    It's a valid point, and I agree. But we all know it is coming. Just a little more patience.
  12. #472  
    Visual voicemail, ey... How many more updates before the Pre just morphs into an iPhone?
  13. #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I'm sick and tired of people down playing concerns over video recording. For some ppl it may mean nothing to them, even if it was just one person there is no need to downplay it and suggest they get an iPhone or go elsewhere. For me i could care less about facebook, but I understand ppls concern over a good FB app. Why do we then pay for the ability to send pictures and video if there is no way to even record them?

    Thats the whole point in having a smart phone to be able to have a one stop shop other than just to make phone calls. I dont want to hold a camcorder, I dont want to hold a digi-cam, I dont want to hold my laptop for internet, I dont want to have a mini voice recorder. Ideally I would like all of that on my SMART phone.
    I would like all of that on one device as well. We are not far from having something that can reasonably "do it all" (in general, not just w the Pre), it's just that there is no device currently available that does it all well enough for me to leave the other things at home. I'm not trying to downplay anything. In fact, what I am saying is that for me, even when they do have an official video record app, it probably still won't be good enough.

    But I'll just wait until there is one available, and then start a new thread to that affect.
  14. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #474  
    its funny how people expecting a 2003 feature are considered to be whiners. This is an advanced product that is "supposed" to be a market leader, yet it lacks features that are widely available in every other smart(and not-mart)phone.

    So if anyone should be tagged as "annoying" it should be the people who think we should lower our expectations on a device with this much potential.
  15. #475  
    get precorder alpha! It rocks and will satisfty all ur video recording needs! OP, try precorder alpha!

    like someone said before this is a .0.0.4 update....you can't expect miracles overnight but I'm sure palm is listening and believe me they do read this forum!
  16. #476  
    How long does the EPR take to finish?
  17. #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    ...
    What ever happened to the consumer demanding features and improvements rather than defending why we should be satisfied with a products slow development.

    (insert defense for Palms slow development here...)
    I think that "what ever happened" is that the spoiled "me generation" is beginning to grow up and realize that they really get very little by "demanding" with whiney complaints.

    Demand in the business world is created (and filled) with purchase dollars. If you don't like what a company is doing, don't buy their products or services.
  18. #478  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think that "what ever happened" is that the spoiled "me generation" is beginning to grow up and realize that they really get very little by "demanding" with whiney complaints.

    Demand in the business world is created (and filled) with purchase dollars. If you don't like what a company is doing, don't buy their products or services.
    Well, since complaints here are strictly addressed to the people in this forum, I don't think that applies.

    The good news is that's exactly what's happening (voting with your purchase dollars) given the sales info on their last earnings call. Lotta unsold WebOS devices out there on store shelves. I'm sure they've taken notice.
  19. #479  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I'm sick and tired of people down playing concerns over video recording. For some ppl it may mean nothing to them, even if it was just one person there is no need to downplay it and suggest they get an iPhone or go elsewhere. For me i could care less about facebook, but I understand ppls concern over a good FB app. Why do we then pay for the ability to send pictures and video if there is no way to even record them?

    Thats the whole point in having a smart phone to be able to have a one stop shop other than just to make phone calls. I dont want to hold a camcorder, I dont want to hold a digi-cam, I dont want to hold my laptop for internet, I dont want to have a mini voice recorder. Ideally I would like all of that on my SMART phone.
    It's not that people are downplaying the "concerns", it's more that they are deriding the demands.

    I miss the ability to voice dial on my Pre more than any other single feature (though Slingplayer is a close second). I had to pay exta for an app that did it on my Treo, but I could have it.

    I can't with the Pre. Should I demand it? If so, why? It was never promised to me. It would be nice to have, and I'm fairly confident it will come eventually. If I turn out to be wrong, the solution is simple. I'll decide whether or not it's a "dealbreaker", and if it is, I'll switch phones.

    What I wouldn't do is complain as if I'm somehow entitled to it.
  20. opg4759's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Not to rain on your parade, but I've seen variations on this from a few different folks, and thought I'd chime in.

    In most technology fields, tech folks are frequently not permitted to take vacation time around holidays (though they may get the holidays off). The back end support people (not first level CS) will frequently use this time to get things done - fewer people in the offices means that servers can be worked on less intrusively, projects can be worked on, completed, whatever. In first level support, especially support that involves consumer items, staffs are usually increased to handle the higher number of calls that come in.

    I've been doing this a while, and while it's not universal across the board, you'll find that for most IT folks the holidays mean very little additional time off.

    To bring it home a little, I was on-call for the government agency I contract for on both the 26th and 27th. Quiet weekend, but I still had to be available.

    I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this update come out before the weekend. Past experience says that Sprint putting on their website may not really mean today, but don't be surprised to see it before Friday.
    I sit a little closer to this then most folks here. I work on the network side and there are a lot of people that are burning vacation in the use it or lose it states. The focus now for CS will be activations(Tier 1) not OS upgrade support (Tier 2). Realize that the Tier 2 support people have nothing to do with the actual network other then to route tickets to the switches and field operations.

    I'm looking at the internal pages right now with no mention of this update. In fact the last time the internal page that shows all the current software and PRL information shows last update 12-16-2009.

    I hope I'm wrong and that we get the update today, but from what I see there is no indication other then someone made a mistake.

Posting Permissions