Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    you made incorrect statements, that were not phrased as an opinion

i for example read your statement starting with

"everyphone"

and, like everyone else, corrected you

but your right, it could have been gentler and less bashing.
    As in "everyphone" I was kind of exaggerating. I meant more of the top of the line smartphones, which thre Pre is supposed to be.
    the 3g and even the 2g does video record...

'there's an app for that'

the iphone 3g still does not do video recording

only the 3gs

then why did you buy a "horse" instead of a "car" in this case? what, you didn't check to see if the horse had wheels before you bought it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    what happened to showing at ces etc with suprise features and such...unless they are gonna show 1.40 or 1.50 or something like that :O

anyone know when the rest of the world wll see the update.
    CES will show 2.0.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    CES will show 2.0.
    From your keyboard to Palm's screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    Realistic expectations from dbd? Did you get replaced by an alien over Christmas?
    Hahaha.
    Yes, i've been trying to be more realistic and helpful since i made that help thread, last month. I haven't been feeling too well... Something must be wrong, lol.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 12/28/2009 at 10:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    the 3g and even the 2g does video record...

'there's an app for that'
    If you're using that logic, then the Palm Pre also does video recording, as there is an "app for that" as you so put it.
    the iphone 3g still does not do video recording

only the 3gs
    Waitaminnit, so not every phone on the market has it (except the Pre)??

Wow, whowouldathunkit?

then why did you buy a "horse" instead of a "car" in this case? what, you didn't check to see if the horse had wheels before you bought it?
    Word
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    I was missing video recording during christmas eve. So many moments missed that I wish I got it captured.

But I give up on video recording sice the last update. I don't think Palm will ever release it for this current Pre. Maybe Pre2 will have it from the get go. Maybe.
    Oh no! Did you not know you didn't have video record until Christmas Eve? I brought my Digi-Cam along with me, just in case I needed a little better quality than Precorder does. And then I never used it, haha.

You might want to take another camera along with you next time so that you are not caught off guard again like this.

I can say that, personally, until a device comes along with a 10.+mp full feature camera and over 100gb of storage for music and files, I'm taking my iPod on long trips and my camera to special events. I mean, as sweet a little device as the Pre is, there is nothing yet that replaces the need to have these other things on hand. For me, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    If you're using that logic, then the Palm Pre also does video recording, as there is an "app for that" as you so put it.
    well not really the same... if you have a 2g or 3g you can go to your itunes appstore and buy it without having to jailbreak or homebrew or whatever the term.

just saying it's possible... that's what app stores are for...
    when not directly available then a developer can take advantage and create one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    CES will show 2.0.
    Oh yes. And so will;

GPU Support and implementation in the UI.
    Improved Battery.
    Improved UI.
    Improved Speed.
    Video Recording.
    Native App development.
    Worldwide Paid Apps.

Cant wait
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Its funny how one gives a relevant opinion and than gets bashed for thier OPINION.
    It's not so much that you gave a "relevant" opinion (ironicaly, even the relevance is an opinion... but I digress), it's more the hyperbolic nature of your delivery.

Not every phone has video recording. Not even every high end smartphone. Certainly not every 1st generation smartphone six months after its inital release.

The other issue is the thread crapping. Not every thread needs to be about video recording, no matter how much you may want it.
    of course thats a silly statement... the pixi doesnt have it either

As in "everyphone" I was kind of exaggerating. I meant more of the top of the line smartphones, which thre Pre is supposed to be.
    The majority of smartphones may have a video recorder, but the majority of the smartphones don't have multitasking. (I'm ready for the criticisms on multitasking now)
    I don't really need the video recording. I think it would be cool to have it and it would make my Pre feel more complete. However, I can understand why someone would expect video recording from a phone that is priced at $750.00 regular price.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I would much rather see voice dial before I see video. Voice dial I would use all the time every day where as the video would be once in a while if that.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Oh yes. And so will;

GPU Support and implementation in the UI.
    Improved Battery.
    Improved UI.
    Improved Speed.
    Video Recording.
    Native App development.
    Worldwide Paid Apps.

Cant wait
    LIES.

If that happens...ooooh baby, though i feel webos2.0 will come with a new phone, so hopefully not yet, would like the gpu to be unleased, and worldwide paid apps etc though.
    Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well I'm not using epr until I see the update ha ! I did that last time and almost went nuts trying to use my phone with no patches lol ! How do you turn off auto update anyways ?????
    Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    I don't really need the video recording. I think it would be cool to have it and it would make my Pre feel more complete. However, I can understand why someone would expect video recording from a phone that is priced at $750.00 regular price.
    +1
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Removed my Theme. Ran EPR. Should be nearly show room stock.

Since EPR did not remove Linux Apps like:
    Diffstat
    Extract PDF Viewer App
    GNU Patch
    MvApp

Plugins like:
    Terminal Service Plugin

Services like:
    FileMgr Service
    Package Manager Service

That will be OK, correct?

I am having trouble removing Virtual Keyboard again. The trick of installing Obsolete Virtual Keyboard and removing it to clean out Virtual Keyboard did not work this time.

Any suggestions?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Standby for a storm of update questions
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē