Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    There NEVER was a 'deadline'...no 'promise'....NO 'TENTATIVE RELEASE DATE'!

Seriously, STOP being so rude about the not-yet-received-updates!!! We get more updates than MOST other phone companies send out, and we have a HUGE homebrew community that do plenty for you!

Be patient and pay more attention to what is ACTUALLY said or promised...and STOP SPAMMING the forums w/ hate-mail postings!

I LOVE my Pre, I LOVE what Palm is doing, I am happy with my Sprint service.
    You tell 'em, Zumba-babe!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    There's no inherent law stating a small numerical version indicates an actual small change......
    I know, i'm just going by the track record of the last six months. If, as some say, 1.3.1 laid the groundwork for some big stuff... Then i'll be happy to admit my mistake and apologize right here.
    OMG people...get over your video recording fetish. Don't get me wrong, yes it would be nice to have a video recorder on the Pre/Pixi, but do we really need 12 threads per day demanding that Palm release this? Whenever an update comes out, the first thing is "where's my video recorder?" If having a video recorder is as important as some people are saying it is, then they would've gone elsewhere by now.

And as rc46 stated, there's going to be so many that complain about Palm's implementation no matter how they release the eventual video recorder.

And in case some of you don't understand, this is a "dot dot" update. Meaning, we're not going to 1.4 or higher, we're going up by only 0.0.4. You should expect no more than bug fixes in a release like this.

And I already know some are going to say "I don't want to wait this long just for bug fixes..." To that I say that we should commend Palm for release this often. Otherwise, you can go elsewhere for a bi-yearly update.

And for those that are saying Palm is behind for the single fact they don't have a video recorder...please get yourself a different phone so you can stop complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I disagree. You are comparing it to the iPhone. Unless, of course, the iPhone is not part of every phone on the market.
    Not to mention that YES, it is relevant. The first iPhone? Had a whole lot less than the Pre does. It took then three years and just as many phones to GET video recording, bluetooth music streaming, mutli-task of a sort etc.

The Pre? Has been out SIX MONTHS. It's only been worked on about a year. So no, not unreasonable for a company of 1000 people.

And yes, there are PLENTY of phones that don't have video recording. Quite a few Nokias. The iPhone 3g, which is still being sold. It'll come in time, so take a chill pill.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I agree that this update is overhyped though.. I'm looking forward to what they have to say at CES.
    You knew what features were available when you purchased a pre, if not, what the heck are you doing on PreCentral anyway?!

Urmm, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $iPhone$ $3G$ $still$ $lacks$ $any$ $sort$ $of$ $official$ $video$ $recording$ $application$.

And your titles flawed, how the hell do you know whats in WebOS 1.3.5? shows your intelligence is comparable to that of Homer Simpson. Doh.

Oh, just so you know, the binaries for video recording was found in WebOs 1.3.1, so video recording is coming.
    Are people actually getting the update?? Screenshots please!
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Already have seen that...here is the thing.......EVERY PHONE on the market has video record now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I disagree. You are comparing it to the iPhone. Unless, of course, the iPhone is not part of every phone on the market.

the iphone 3g still does not do video recording

only the 3gs

I shouldnt have to ride a horse when cars are available.
    then why did you buy a "horse" instead of a "car" in this case? what, you didn't check to see if the horse had wheels before you bought it?
    Last edited by windzilla; 12/28/2009 at 09:36 AM.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    the iphone 3g still does not do video recording

only the 3gs
    And they sell like CRAZY too. ;D so did all the iPhones.

A lot of people must sure like horses, huh?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Yeah, most phones have video recording, but 90% of them are worthless and videos are indistinguishable. My old Blackberry Curve was a nice phone but the video was a joke. So quit using that stupid argument that every phone has it when most of them are crappy and unusable.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Man this OP is cryin about everything. Check his other posts. I rather have palm work on battery life/speed before a stupid camcorder. plus the precorder app works alright for me right now.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Emergency Patch Recovery not showing for me either. All feeds are enabled. All feeds are updated. From list of everything only the two patches previously mentioned are showing. Under lists nothing labled 'Linux Applications' are showing.

Could it be that the feed is either down or updating at this time?
    A little confused... the "Messaging Plugins (Live, Yahoo and ICQ)" says that it should be removed before doing the update but it is listed as an application. I'll remove it anyway just to be safe but does it need to be? Does anybody know of any other applications that should be removed? Precorder perhaps?
    Without the patches the Pre would be nothing compared to a Black Berry. Im just giving my opinion not trying to hurt anyones feelings. I wish Palm would be providing fixes just as fast as some of the developers do on here. If it can be done here by people who do it for free why is it too much to ask from palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by blckz28 View Post
    A little confused... the "Messaging Plugins (Live, Yahoo and ICQ)" says that it should be removed before doing the update but it is listed as an application. I'll remove it anyway just to be safe but does it need to be? Does anybody know of any other applications that should be removed? Precorder perhaps?
    The Plugins need to be removed because it's an app that patches the IM files on the phone.

As for Precorder, I'm not sure.
    I posted these questions in another thread, but this may be a better place.

I ran EPR, and everything uninstalled fine except for the patch that captures photos with the volume keys, which I installed to run with the patch that launches the camera app on a landscape unlock (the latter patch [which uninstalled fine with EPR] was dependent on the former, IIRC). Any ideas on how to get rid of this short of a Repair Utility sesssion? (The machine here at home isn't Repair Utility-compatible.)

Also, I still have about 6 Launcher pages even though the patch that adds pages is gone. I seem to remember that past removals would gang all the apps on three pages rather than leave things as is. Is this OK?
    what happened to showing at ces etc with suprise features and such...unless they are gonna show 1.40 or 1.50 or something like that :O

anyone know when the rest of the world wll see the update.
    Its funny how one gives a relevant opinion and than gets bashed for thier OPINION.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I hate to say it, but i warned you guys not to get your hopes up for a 0.0.4 update. We barely get much with a 0.1.0 update, let alone a 0.0.4.
    Please.
    Realistic expectations from dbd? Did you get replaced by an alien over Christmas?
    Its funny how one gives a relevant opinion and than gets bashed for thier OPINION.
    you made incorrect statements, that were not phrased as an opinion

i for example read your statement starting with

"everyphone"

and, like everyone else, corrected you

but your right, it could have been gentler and less bashing.
    There are four lights.