Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 743
  1. #401  
    I'm not looking forward to getting Video recording because as soon as it hits we will be flooded with threads complaining that the Video recording quality is not good enough.

    My point is that no matter what new features we get, people will always complain around here. It seems that is just the type of consumer that the Pre attracts.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  2. #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Then maybe you should pick a phone that makes you happier. Griping only raises blood pressure, and doesn't elicit much sympathy on message boards, given that you chose to buy a phone with no video recording.

    My office should have a foot massager in it, but my constant complaining hasn't made one appear yet.
    I chose to because I like Palm, want to see them succeed, Like WebOs, but sadly I am starting to feel like it is becoming outdated...YES SADLY. I do not want a different phone. I want this ONE to keep up with the times.
  3. #403  
    Get your <crap> together than Palm. No video record by know is an absolute joke...PERIOD
    Last edited by pogeypre; 12/28/2009 at 10:36 AM.
  4. ryoblade's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #404  
    remember first off video recording will come as an APP not an UPDATE so all and all relax second its not a major update this update is for the app catalog to come out of beta this month and to help with battery life. and no every phone on the market does not have video recording as many do they have also built to it, the iphone didn't have it till later models, count yourself lucky the first models of palms webos phones will carry it eventually.
  5. #405  
    Get the Precorder alpha! It's buggy and doesn't have a view finder, but it's the best we got right now.
  6. #406  
    Another thread about this...really? Really? REALLY?
  7. madcow706's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #407  
    I have to agree that Web OS missing features doesn't quite make the OS cutting edge. Web OS is starting to feel like Windows 98.
  8. #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Come on Palm this is getting ridiculous!! This phone SHOULD have this by know.
    And the iPhone didnt have it for how long?
  9. rjtaylor's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #409  
    the Pixi already had 1.3.2
  10. chezbi's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmark61 View Post
    I went to Preware/Installed Packages/Patches and one by one removed each of the 6 patches I had. First, the notification LED blinker is still working...shouldn't it be disabled if I no longer have the patch?

    Also, in my Linux application folder I see a GNU Patch. Must that also be removed? I don't even remember loading that one.

    My impression was only those in the Patch folder needed to be removed.

    Some help would be much appreciated.

    TIA
    The GNU Patch and Diffstat both automatically install when you install the virtual keyboard using Preware. If you just use EPR it removes everything that you need before an OTA update. Remember to remove any themes before using EPR.
  11. #411  
    Try holding your breath and stomping your feet, after screaming "I want it NOW!!". That might work.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  12. #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    And the iPhone didnt have it for how long?
    Doesnt matter, I am not comaring this to the Iphone. Fact is it has it NOW. It is almost 2010 it SHOULD have it by now.
  13. Mpre's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #413  
    I was missing video recording during christmas eve. So many moments missed that I wish I got it captured.

    But I give up on video recording sice the last update. I don't think Palm will ever release it for this current Pre. Maybe Pre2 will have it from the get go. Maybe.
  14. #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    I have to agree that Web OS missing features doesn't quite make the OS cutting edge. Web OS is starting to feel like Windows 98.
    agreed.....sadly
  15. #415  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Doesnt matter, I am not comaring this to the Iphone. Fact is it has it NOW. It is almost 2010 it SHOULD have it by now.
    You definitely need more words in all caps...maybe whole sentences would work. I don't think you're making your point forcefully enough.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  16. #416  
    There's no inherent law stating a small numerical version indicates an actual small change.

    And @AlwayzWrong, you should be here.
  17. ryoblade's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #417  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Doesnt matter, I am not comaring this to the Iphone. Fact is it has it NOW. It is almost 2010 it SHOULD have it by now.
    then get an IPhone and stop complaining, or like everyone should, wait and it will be ready soon enough
  18. #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Already have seen that...here is the thing.......EVERY PHONE on the market has video record now. I shouldnt have to ride a horse when cars are available.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Doesnt matter, I am not comaring this to the Iphone. Fact is it has it NOW. It is almost 2010 it SHOULD have it by now.
    I disagree. You are comparing it to the iPhone. Unless, of course, the iPhone is not part of every phone on the market.
  19. #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Already have seen that...here is the thing.......EVERY PHONE on the market has video record now. I shouldnt have to ride a horse when cars are available.
    Every phone? You sure about that? Wanna make a bet on it?
  20. #420  
    I think even my kids Nokia phone has video recording. Lacking features like video recording makes Palm look like its behind on technology no matter what improvements they make to their operating system. Almost seems like they are trying to reinvent the wheel some times.

Posting Permissions