Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the answer, man! After running the EPR, that's it, I'm good to go to install when it comes out? I don't have to remove Preware itself, right? I don't have any themes installed.
    after preware loads up tap on the last option at the bottom of the list that says List of Everything. after that start typing emergency patch removal. it will pop up before you are get done typing the first word.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstimer View Post
    I removed what I think is everything, to get ready for update ( first one since using Preware) Currently I have on my Pre : Preware, Diffstat, GNU Patch and Package Manager Service. Do I need to remove Diffstat and GNU Patch? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleprettyman View Post
    I also can not find the EPR patch in preware search of everything! Could it be that I need to have a patch installed to have it available? As I removed all the patches one by one before I tried to find EPR. Also, I see that I have the gnu patch under linux application. Do I remove this too?
    You should not have to remove anything else except stuff that's listed under the "patches" category. If you uninstall all your installed "patches" and leave everything else alone, either one by one or by installing EPR, then you should be fine. Apparently this will change on future updates of Preware however...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Thanks for the answer, man! After running the EPR, that's it, I'm good to go to install when it comes out? I don't have to remove Preware itself, right? I don't have any themes installed.
    That's correct! Just remove themes and patches, leave Preware installed, and you should be good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    Have you ever turned off any of the feeds under Preware's preferences? Have you missed any Preware updates since you installed it? Check to make sure there aren't any Package Updates listed on the front menu, and check to see if you're on version 0.9.12 of Preware, which shows up on the top of the front page. I can't remember which one exactly but it should be under either the Webos-internals feed or the Webos-patches feed, which both can be enabled/disabled under Preware preferences on the top-left drop-down menu in the app.
    Yeah, I'm on the right version and those feeds are on. I asked in the official thread and was advised to run WebOS Repair Utility, which takes forever, so since this apparently runs from WebOSQuickInstall, I'll just do it there instead. Thanks, though.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    That's correct! Just remove themes and patches, leave Preware installed, and you should be good to go.
    So I guess I need to remove the GNU Patch correct?
    No. GNU Patch can be left alone. If it's not listed in the "patches" folder under "installed packages" in Preware (this folder will be gone if you removed all patches already), then it doesn't need to be removed prior to an update.
    All patches.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    This is from the PIXI page. Still says 1.3.2 with todays date.

Support - Article

Version

Date released

Description of fixes

WebOS 1.3.2
    Sprint Config 2.1

12/28/2009

This update addresses the following:
    - Improvements in battery life optimization when in marginal coverage areas.
    - Fixed distortion of contact pictures shown in Phone Application
    - Missed reminder folder is no longer missing in the Clear All button
    - QCELP capability fix to allow play and audio of video sent via MMS
    - Random power-cycling issue corrected
    - Corrected if speed dial pressed too long resulting in message Unable to Connect. No free lines
    - Launch Google Maps or Sprint Navigation when tapping an address for contacts
    Just so we're not all repeating ourselves and to make sure everyone is properly informed (and no Pre's are unintentionally borked), this post has some very valuable information and links to resources on preparing for the 1.3.5 update, including how/what to uninstall as far as patches, themes, etc: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2095956
    Come on Palm this is getting ridiculous!! This phone SHOULD have this by know.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    though my seidio 1350mah battery helped a TON with getting me through the day... The increased battery life change will be welcomed with open arms. Maybe even get back to like my TILT that was charged once every 3 days. ha!
    It's a 0.0.4 update - increase in battery life and (the oh-so-sweet) ability to launch Sprint Nav from the calendar are pretty big all by themselves.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    It's a 0.0.4 update - increase in battery life and (the oh-so-sweet) ability to launch Sprint Nav from the calendar are pretty big all by themselves.
    Should STILL have video record before all this ....PERIOD.

This phone is sadly making my interest start to peek elsewhere.
    Waiting in anticipation. I'd have to say....I'm one of the ones clicking update every 10 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Should STILL have video record before all this ....PERIOD.

This phone is sadly making my interest start to peek elsewhere.
    Look here
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I wouldn't count it out just yet. I don't know if it will bet there but I am guessing your information from the Sprint release information. I wouldn't trust it having all of the details. Palm's website is the place to check for all of the information about the update. Palm has listed information about the update that Sprint didn't have on theirs for whatever reason. That being said, I really don't know if video recording will com or not.
    I hate to say it, but i warned you guys not to get your hopes up for a 0.0.4 update. We barely get much with a 0.1.0 update, let alone a 0.0.4.
    Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Look here
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
    Already have seen that...here is the thing.......EVERY PHONE on the market has video record now. I shouldnt have to ride a horse when cars are available.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Already have seen that...here is the thing.......EVERY PHONE on the market has video record now. I shouldnt have to ride a horse when cars are available.
    Then maybe you should pick a phone that makes you happier. Griping only raises blood pressure, and doesn't elicit much sympathy on message boards, given that you chose to buy a phone with no video recording.

My office should have a foot massager in it, but my constant complaining hasn't made one appear yet.