Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dhaines View Post
    How about some L O N G awaited .eml attachment support for fowarded messages from Outlook? Hello? anybody? If you want us to use this for business, we need attachments to be read. I'm not asking for a bell or whistle, just my email.
    I totally agree with this feature. Also i want email folders like for example sent & deleted items to sync correctly and not have to do a force refresh and wait for my sent email or just deleted accidentally email to show up after its done refresh/syncing.
    i just looked up on sprint.com and it shows a release date for 1.3.5 as being 12/28 so get ready! (or they could be pulling our chain). Here is what I copied just in case it gets pulled, (I haven't been keeping up with the updates and all since I had this phone since launch and it's lost it's new factor for me) so I am sure it may be all old news for all you die hards out there....

Version

Date released

Description of fixes
    WebOS – 1.3.5
    Build 194
    Sprint Config – 2.0 12/28/2009

This update includes enhancements to the following:
    - Improvement in battery life optimization when in marginal coverage areas.
    - QCELP capability fix to allow play and audio of video sent via MMS.
    - Launch Google Maps or Sprint Nav when tapping an address from contacts.
    - Minimized package of MR size through binary difference. Customers can now download over 2G connections if necessary.

Seems they had a typo as it says further below that it will be Sprint config 2.2...

Check the version on your phone

To find the software version on your Pre:

1. Open Device Info from the launcher menu

2. Scroll down to Version & Configuration

3. Version: Palm webOS 1.3.5 and Configuration will be: Sprint 2.2
    4. Tap Version: Build: 219
    Last edited by huynhc; 12/28/2009 at 01:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by huynhc View Post
    i just looked up on sprint.com and it shows a release date for 1.3.5 as being 12/28 so get ready! (or they could be pulling our chain). Here is what I copied just in case it gets pulled, (I haven't been keeping up with the updates and all since I had this phone since launch and it's lost it's new factor for me) so I am sure it may be all old news for all you die hards out there....

Version

Date released

Description of fixes
    WebOS 1.3.5
    Build 194
    Sprint Config 2.0 12/28/2009

This update includes enhancements to the following:
    - Improvement in battery life optimization when in marginal coverage areas.
    - QCELP capability fix to allow play and audio of video sent via MMS.
    - Launch Google Maps or Sprint Nav when tapping an address from contacts.
    - Minimized package of MR size through binary difference. Customers can now download over 2G connections if necessary.

Seems they had a typo as it says further below that it will be Sprint config 2.2...

Check the version on your phone

To find the software version on your Pre:

1. Open Device Info from the launcher menu

2. Scroll down to Version & Configuration

3. Version: Palm webOS 1.3.5 and Configuration will be: Sprint 2.2
    4. Tap Version: Build: 219
    gonna wait 15min till i sleep
    hopefully sprint didn't get this wrong again like last time
    Nice find, huynhc. Shame the improvements seem to be really minor.
    nothing yet
    hopefully it will be there when i wake up
    good nite
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ...really?
    Gonna try an update, ces i beg of you.
    On the bright side, if Sprint are publishing changelogs now then 1.3.5 can't be CES's big secret - in which case we may be pleasantly surprised by something that IS secret later on. [/pointless speculation]

I don't mind if it's a minor changelog. I'm just happy that Palm seem committed to regular updates.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Wow, 1.3.5 updates... absolutely nothing. I guess we shouldn't be too surprised since 1.3.1 to 1.3.5 isn't a big jump version number wise.
    Sounds like maybe those are the changes on the Sprint end of things in the update. Sprint doesn't usually list all the changes in updates, just a few of them. You should be able to see a full changelog when it comes out on Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww

Since we already know of at least one other change in 1.3.5, there has to be at least a little bit missing from the Sprint changelog (the app limit fix).

As for Sprint listing 12/28 as a release date, it wouldn't be the first time they were completely wrong.
    That doesn't seem to sync with what Rubenstein said about what would be shown at CES. So, there's a disconnect here somewhere. Certainly, if this is the 1.3.5 he was talking about and it's limited to these fixes (and I believe Sprint's last pre-announcement of an update was pretty complete in terms of fixes and enhancements), then there will certainly be some unhappy folks.

Here's to hoping this is an incomplete list and/or that Rubenstein just mispoke when he discussed what's coming. It's late and I'm tired as I write this, but I must say I'd start getting a bit disgruntled if some of the performance issues aren't resolved. And, if the Bluetooth stack isn't fixed so that it works with my Infiniti, I'll be very upset.

Grrrr...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Sprint is saying it hits the download market today
    Check engadget since i cant post links =/
    This happened once before, and Sprint was off by a few days. Not holding my breath, and from what Sprint did post it's not looking like much of an update.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I've seen engadget news too

If this "some how happens".. Will be only Sprint version that is out, or others too (wr1?)
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    remember a while back when sprint had a date up for the pre and we didnt get it? ill be checking all day tho, hopefully sprint checked their facts this time!
    pretty unremarkable update but at least it's something
    ill be chckin all day also...haha dont forget to remove those themes and patches boys
    Hope its actually today lol
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    My phone is not up to date!!!
    you pos, you can't even tell me when I get an email!
    [/rant]

It can't be, what else would he "have to talk about" at CES, there's nothing here.
    But then again would they really push another update a week after this one (if it is coming today)
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    hmmm, app catalog has a few new apps.. update to paratrooper... maybe they will push it out soon? i hope i hope