Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 25 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 743
  1. #281  
    I'm sure 1.5, 2.0 and beyond are already at various stages of development.

    I believe we won't see 1.3.5 until the Verizon launch, or just prior. So, mid-January. With carrier tests and such that must be executed on every build of webOS, there can be a lag of a week or more from completion to release. I doubt 1.3.5 is complete yet, or else we would have heard about more leaked info.

    My prescribed timeline (http://forums.precentral.net/general...must-meet.html) suggested that we should see things like video/audio recording by January 31st if Palm is expected to remain highly competitive. It doesn't look like we will, however, which is a bit worrisome.

    I'm not sure if Palm's plan is to create the predominant smartphone platform, or if they're aiming for something more modest.
  2. #282  
    I bet it is Verizon holding up the update for us, they have been testing the 1.3.5 and they keep making changes and Palm wants everybody on the same version when they release to the Palm Pre Plus to the Verizon people.
  3. #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrad425 View Post
    I bet it is Verizon holding up the update for us, they have been testing the 1.3.5 and they keep making changes and Palm wants everybody on the same version when they release to the Palm Pre Plus to the Verizon people.
    So basically we're still waiting til CES (in two weeks) for any real news. Chances are, Palm Pre+ will be officially announced and talked about during this event, and what you said makes sense. Ah, the anticipation is killing me.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
  4. #284  
    Looks like the some time in the middle of the month release got lost. Anybody seen it


    happy holidays!
  5. #285  
    1.3.5 won't be released until the CES in January. How fun?
  6. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #286  
    Yeah...
    I've realized that companies NEVER stick to deadlines...
  7. licotto's Avatar
    Posts
    471 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #287  
    There NEVER was a 'deadline'...no 'promise'....NO 'TENTATIVE RELEASE DATE'!

    Seriously, STOP being so rude about the not-yet-received-updates!!! We get more updates than MOST other phone companies send out, and we have a HUGE homebrew community that do plenty for you!

    Be patient and pay more attention to what is ACTUALLY said or promised...and STOP SPAMMING the forums w/ hate-mail postings!

    I LOVE my Pre, I LOVE what Palm is doing, I am happy with my Sprint service.
  8. #288  
    well said licotto. I love everything about mine too. I have converted quite a few people already. Alot of them are on Verizon, but they are looking forward to getting a Palm!
  9. #289  
    With the possible exception that they are diverting resources, I doubt that next s/w release for Pre is being delayed by/dictated by or tied to a pending release of Pre on VZW.
  10. #290  
    "1.3.5" sounds like a funny number for a big release at a venue like CES. So my money's on something not software related. If it is about a big software update then it'll be a jump to 2.0 of some sort.
  11. #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    There NEVER was a 'deadline'...no 'promise'....NO 'TENTATIVE RELEASE DATE'!

    Seriously, STOP being so rude about the not-yet-received-updates!!! We get more updates than MOST other phone companies send out, and we have a HUGE homebrew community that do plenty for you!

    Be patient and pay more attention to what is ACTUALLY said or promised...and STOP SPAMMING the forums w/ hate-mail postings!

    I LOVE my Pre, I LOVE what Palm is doing, I am happy with my Sprint service.
    ditto
  12. #292  
    I really do not want to see another update, or at least it better have some big improvements. I really do not want to take all of my patches off, I think We are way ahead of palm in that department.
  13. jmf
    jmf is offline
    jmf's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #293  
    Since we haven't been making a fuss, I think they just forgot to put it in the distribution pipe. So, Palm Pre dudes listen up, please remember that those people who are not anxious about the next update, work for you. Those people who paid for their Pre are wondering where the ______ is our next breath of fresh air!

    jmf
  14. #294  
    I am downloading 1.3.5 as I type. I guess they released it sooner than later.
  15. ryanpre's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by oridian View Post
    I am downloading 1.3.5 as I type. I guess they released it sooner than later.
    Lies! Pics, or it didnt happen.
  16. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    987 Global Posts
    #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by oridian View Post
    I am downloading 1.3.5 as I type. I guess they released it sooner than later.
    Its amazing how some people take the time to register at Precentral to make there first post a joke.
  17. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Its amazing how some people take the time to register at Precentral to make there first post a joke.
    He made a thread and posted a picture.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-out-now.html
  18. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    987 Global Posts
    #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    He made a thread and posted a picture.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-out-now.html

    after many pages it was finally closed he did post more pics though..
  19. #299  
    Hmmmm... Thread closed... I smell a conspiracy. I think the person did get the update, it's awesome and includes some major features, and so he/she was contacted and asked not to comment further. Then the thread was closed to accommodate Palm's desire to keep 1.3.5 secret until CES. Because it's so awesome.

    That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  20. #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Hmmmm... Thread closed... I smell a conspiracy. I think the person did get the update, it's awesome and includes some major features, and so he/she was contacted and asked not to comment further. Then the thread was closed to accommodate Palm's desire to keep 1.3.5 secret until CES. Because it's so awesome.

    That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
    LOL, I wish I was that important. I'm just surprised no one else got the update. But anyways, I do not know why my thread was closed. I guess the mods here just don't believe me. By the way, my Join Date was: 10/05/2009 .. I just never needed to post anything.

    All I wanted to do was to let people know that there was in fact an update; unfortunately mine was the only device that got the update ... although I still have not heard anyone respond from Toronto; it can be Toronto specific.

    Anyways, if I am the lucky one with 1.3.5, let me know what I should look for. I will not post anymore proofs of the update; I believe I have done what I could.

    Thanks!

Posting Permissions