Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 24 ... LastLast
    getting the unable to connect message
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Me too, but it's probably a Palm engineer messing with us! if I was one, I would...
    Me too, and also the App Catalog unavailable message.
    well this is distracting me from my late night christmas cookie baking.

phew, back to normal, phone is uptodate

had been worried there for a moment something might actually happen.
    Yep, up to date.... :-/
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    hmmm... now I'm curious... haha, just read the whole damn thread and nothing after midnight... maybe because I'm central time..

The pixi is in the bedroom and the gf is sleeping.. I am tempted to go check but know I will be dissappointed... :-/ ... I really want this update after reading all of this. I hope there is talk about 2.0 at CES, it would be nice if they had some ground breaking news to drive stock prices up again...
    Hey maybe Palm will be in a Jolly mood and release it on Christmas day or Christmas eve. We shall see.
    Of course not. They will release it After the holiday season. What if there are issues and people can't use their phones or make calls or send texts.. during Christmas and New Year's Eve..? If that happens they killed themselves with all the negative media comments following that.

No way. Palm will release it just before or right after CES.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkert View Post
    Of course not. They will release it After the holiday season. What if there are issues and people can't use their phones or make calls or send texts.. during Christmas and New Year's Eve..? If that happens they killed themselves with all the negative media comments following that.

Indeed, CES or just before it will most likely be...
    i need help restoring my Pre back to factory original state. i have been unable to remove any theme or patches that are currently installed. any thoughts? anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidhernandez99 View Post
    i need help restoring my Pre back to factory original state. i have been unable to remove any theme or patches that are currently installed. any thoughts? anyone?
    The quickest way is with the webOS doctor. This will erase everything, including photos and anything else stored on the USB user portion of the phone.

To simply repair (remove the theme and patches, but preserve your stuff) you might try the webOS Repair Utility. If you are able to get the theme off, you can run Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware (go to List of Everything and type 'emer' and it'll show up, run it and reboot) to get rid of patches.

Good luck!
    I ♥ my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    Hey maybe Palm will be in a Jolly mood and release it on Christmas day or Christmas eve. We shall see.
    I was thinking the same thing, would be a sweet gift. But if it crashed and burned, i dont see it coming out before CES.
    i tried running webos doctor last night but it froze up at about 14% complete, and wouldn't do anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidhernandez99 View Post
    i tried running webos doctor last night but it froze up at about 14% complete, and wouldn't do anything else.
    Try again. And give it time. Sometimes it appears to freeze and then continues. You can also try a different USB port on your computer, or a different USB cable, or both (one at a time, for problem solving).
    I ♥ my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkert View Post
    When is CES?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    The quickest way is with the webOS doctor. This will erase everything, including photos and anything else stored on the USB user portion of the phone.

This has changed in the latest version of webos DR. I even did mine with 1.3.1 and did not lose any of my stuff. However it still will redo all your settings and apps etc (homebrew and preware will need to be reinstalled etc).

Please correct me if i am wrong cause i would hate to spread inaccurate information.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    When is CES?
    2010 International CES, January 7-10
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    When is CES?
    Let me google that for you
    "2010 International CES, January 7-10"
    Anyone think they're going to announce WebOS 1.4.1 at CES? After reading the Pixi's manual online i did see "Palm WebOS 1.4.1 13010 is now available" when the manual showed how to update your firmware. Maybe this is just me getting excited, but that is what the manual shows. Btw, for reference, its on page 67 of the Pixi User Guide.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    This has changed in the latest version of webos DR. I even did mine with 1.3.1 and did not lose any of my stuff. However it still will redo all your settings and apps etc (homebrew and preware will need to be reinstalled etc).

Please correct me if i am wrong cause i would hate to spread inaccurate information.
    This is correct. I just doctored mine on Sunday and all my USB stored happiness was still there. Lost any data in 3rd party apps of course, some preferences although less than I used to lose and all of my patches/homebrew. I would love it if there were a feature with the profile for homebrew patches that auto restored those things like it does for the app store apps.

The one setting I lost that I found annoying is my quick dials, but oh well.

For what its worth, the phone is definitely happier after the doctor visited