Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    I didn't think my list was that crazy but you are right I have no idea whats going to be in 1.3.5 .

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by dabro View Post
    If they're smart, they'll wait til after CES. That way, if it's as problematic as 1.3.1, there won't be as much bad press as there would be if it was released before or during the conference.
    This is what I was thinking excatly, that would be so embarassing if it was buggy and would be tons of negative press.

Also, Palm announcement of "something big" has to be more than just a small upgrade. They dropped a bomb shell last year and I would expect something that would at least wow me (GPU support and flash...).
    nah joescan, I just wanted a reason to post that picture.

its possible they announce or reveal many of the things you list. That they will be in 1.3.5 is less likely for some, but that's just my opinion. And I say no harm its an anticipation thread you were anticipating.

I personally am wondering if the lack of new apps today could foreshadow a update.

but that is some serious rambo unicorn on my part to make such a leap.
    who even thinks of unicorns and Rambo would ever been in the same picture or small sentience.

Follow Me On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    With CES, because of the splash they made last year, Palm will have as much attention as it wants. There is absolutely NO WAY that all they'll show is 1.3.5, unless it has way more in it than the version number would seem to indicate. Palm needs to make a pretty big announcement in order to keep the mindshare in their favor. They absolutely need to show us some of what's coming up. I predict a full showing of 1.3.5 with some bells and whistles that we don't know about yet (video recorder app perhaps?), and some previews of where they're headed with 2.0, which they'll promise will be out in the "first half of 2010." If it's good enough, it will jack up their stock price instantaneously. I just don't believe they haven't been cooking up some good stuff back there in Sunnyvale.
    Absolutely!!! All of this speculation that "this" is going to be all there is, or "that" will be the most important thing, overlooks one very big fact. Palm very effectively kept last year's announcement secret, and leveraged that surprise into months of free hype and anticipation. If anyone thinks that Ruby is going to pass up an opportunity to do a repeat by spilling the beans during an earnings announcement, they're kidding themselves.

I don't think this year's announcement will be as big as last year's, but you can bet it will be more than a x.x.4 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I don't think this year's announcement will be as big as last year's
    Well, in fairness, last year's announcement was sort of a once-in-a-lifetime thing. I've never seen anything like that before, where a company that was so far down that people thought they'd flop and probably close up shop, instead announced something that absolutely shocked everyone with how big it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Well, in fairness, last year's announcement was sort of a once-in-a-lifetime thing. I've never seen anything like that before, where a company that was so far down that people thought they'd flop and probably close up shop, instead announced something that absolutely shocked everyone with how big it was.
    Oh, I agree (thus my comment that I don't think this announcement would be that big), but c'mon - no way it's going to consist of an announcement of a x.x.4 update.

My real point though, was that Palm is going to play the announcement very close to the chest. No matter how much it irritates some of us (and it apparently does), it's what they've been doing the past year, and I haven't seen anything that indicates that's going to change.
    I have to agree totally.

Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    With CES, because of the splash they made last year, Palm will have as much attention as it wants. There is absolutely NO WAY that all they'll show is 1.3.5, unless it has way more in it than the version number would seem to indicate. Palm needs to make a pretty big announcement in order to keep the mindshare in their favor. They absolutely need to show us some of what's coming up. I predict a full showing of 1.3.5 with some bells and whistles that we don't know about yet (video recorder app perhaps?), and some previews of where they're headed with 2.0, which they'll promise will be out in the "first half of 2010." If it's good enough, it will jack up their stock price instantaneously. I just don't believe they haven't been cooking up some good stuff back there in Sunnyvale.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    My list for Palm...
    1) Make Classic work like it did before you screwed it up.
    2) Do it yesterday.

This is a crime against techmanity!
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    lmao...these threads have become so pointless lately...nothing against you...but your list is wishful thinking....can people post or report on what's actually going to be in 1.3.5...?
    I'm more concerned with the "when" than the "what" at this point....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I'm more concerned with the "when" than the "what" at this point....
    Ditto, but I can't help but wonder if these updates are following some sort of pattern.

Version 1.0.2 - June 5th 2009
    --14 days later
    Version 1.0.3 - June 19th 2009
    --10 days later
    Version 1.0.4 - June 29th 2009
    --24 days later
    Version 1.1.0 - July 23rd 2009
    --67 days later
    Version 1.2.0 - September 28th 2009
    --4 days later
    Version 1.2.1 - October 2nd 2009
    --42 days later
    Version 1.3.1 - November 13th 2009

The average release cycle looks like 31 days, (26) if you include 1.2.0 - 1.2.1

It has been 39 days since an update, which means that we are overdue for an update if we use the average release cycle as a gauge, but considering that there was 67 days between 1.1.0 and 1.2.0/1 a wait of 16 more days (time until CES) seems very plausible.

The thought that they might be delaying the release of 1.3.5 until CES (if it's already fully baked) is sickening though.
    Last edited by jamiehs; 12/22/2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: including jeffcoat's quote
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    Ditto, but I can't help but wonder if these updates are following some sort of pattern.

Version 1.0.2 - June 5th 2009
    --14 days later
    Version 1.0.3 - June 19th 2009
    --10 days later
    Version 1.0.4 - June 29th 2009
    --24 days later
    Version 1.1.0 - July 23rd 2009
    --67 days later
    Version 1.2.0 - September 28th 2009
    --4 days later
    Version 1.2.1 - October 2nd 2009
    --42 days later
    Version 1.3.1 - November 13th 2009

The average release cycle looks like 31 days, (26) if you include 1.2.0 - 1.2.1

It has been 39 days since an update, which means that we are overdue for an update if we use the average release cycle as a gauge, but considering that there was 67 days between 1.1.0 and 1.2.0/1 a wait of 16 more days (time until CES) seems very plausible.

The thought that they might be delaying the release of 1.3.5 until CES (if it's already fully baked) is sickening though.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I omitted that one as it seemed to be an emergency push to only Pixi, so it doesn't really fit into the survey.
    Should Preware & Package Manager Service be removed before the update??
    It does seem odd that we haven't gotten any actual new apps yesterday or today either yet for that matter. For the last 3 weeks in a row, they've added new apps on every week day starting as early as 10AM pacific. Yesterday we got a few measly updates but no new apps. Today, nothing so far. Hope they are focusing their attention elsewhere or something else is about to happen..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimpz View Post
    Should Preware & Package Manager Service be removed before the update??
    No...
    I'm calling it 1.3.5 @ midnight

Follow Me On Twitter
    whose midnight joe? Whose!?
    Last edited by windzilla; 12/22/2009 at 10:52 PM.
    Eastern so that would be in 20 mins.

Follow Me On Twitter
    I'm going to call 1.3.5 @ midnight everynight till it comes out.

Follow Me On Twitter