Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Notice the source: PreCentral. Nowhere does it say in the original PreCentral article that 1.3.5 is definitively coming out next month; it may come this month. Just because Palm says they will highlight the OS update does not necessarily mean they will wait until CES to release it.
    haha im always behind on something...lol
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    It does not say that Palm will release 1.3.5 at CES, it says they will present it.

They could sit on it till after CES.

Since they broke IMAP Gmail with they last release, they should have at least fixed that if they want to attract new customers.

How can they expect business or individuals to take them seriously with broken Email?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    i did not say that they were releasing it at CES...i simply stated....webOS 1.3.5 coming in january 2010...

"Palm CEO Jon Rubinstein confirmed that webOS 1.3.5 is coming as soon as next month."

"as soon as" means no earlier than january 2010....
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    that was pretty obvious when Rubinstein said 1.3.5 would be showcased @ CES. why showcase an os update if its already out? given that, there better be some meat in that sandwich. flash was supposedly pushed back to January, why not put it in the update too?
    I don't get how phones are lagging so bad. I hardly ever get lag & its not mind numbing horrible lag either.
    I agree Drazt the lag isn't horrible but is noticeable. Remember everyone is comparing the pre to Iphone 3GS and Droid.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I don't get how phones are lagging so bad. I hardly ever get lag & its not mind numbing horrible lag either.
    i tell ya, my phone over the several few days has started getting buggy. no new apps, and no changes by me. i now find myself rebooting several times a day. i think there is a software bug that is escalating.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Just give me gpu access. No more lag, please!
    If this is going to be released lets say 1 - 2 days before CES and they want to showcase 1.3.5 its gotta have some new features and not only bug fixes.

Follow Me On Twitter
    GCU you should run the Repair Utility

Follow Me On Twitter
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    If this is going to be released lets say 1 - 2 days before CES and they want to showcase 1.3.5 its gotta have some new features and not only bug fixes.
    If they're smart, they'll wait til after CES. That way, if it's as problematic as 1.3.1, there won't be as much bad press as there would be if it was released before or during the conference.
    Last edited by dabro; 12/21/2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: misspelling
    With CES, because of the splash they made last year, Palm will have as much attention as it wants. There is absolutely NO WAY that all they'll show is 1.3.5, unless it has way more in it than the version number would seem to indicate. Palm needs to make a pretty big announcement in order to keep the mindshare in their favor. They absolutely need to show us some of what's coming up. I predict a full showing of 1.3.5 with some bells and whistles that we don't know about yet (video recorder app perhaps?), and some previews of where they're headed with 2.0, which they'll promise will be out in the "first half of 2010." If it's good enough, it will jack up their stock price instantaneously. I just don't believe they haven't been cooking up some good stuff back there in Sunnyvale.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    1.3.5 might be alot bigger than everyone thinks

Follow Me On Twitter
    If Palm is going to make a big announcement at CES and highlight 1.3.5... it had better have a lot more than what's been announced.

App limit fix and battery improvements (which are two extremely embarassing problems that need to be fixed) are not the kinds of announcements you want to be making at CES.

Watch for something big on Jan. 7. Maybe Palm is adding a camcorder to WebOS or some other big, new feature.

Google Maps might add Latitude or something.

There has to be more than what's been discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    With CES, because of the splash they made last year, Palm will have as much attention as it wants. There is absolutely NO WAY that all they'll show is 1.3.5, unless it has way more in it than the version number would seem to indicate. Palm needs to make a pretty big announcement in order to keep the mindshare in their favor. They absolutely need to show us some of what's coming up. I predict a full showing of 1.3.5 with some bells and whistles that we don't know about yet (video recorder app perhaps?), and some previews of where they're headed with 2.0, which they'll promise will be out in the "first half of 2010." If it's good enough, it will jack up their stock price instantaneously. I just don't believe they haven't been cooking up some good stuff back there in Sunnyvale.
    +1 on that. My thoughts exactly.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    CES 1.3.5 Plus Announcements

1. App Limit
    2. Battery
    3. Video Rec (with Editing Software)
    4. Flash
    5. Ground Work for GPU
    6. Latitude
    7. E-Mail Fix
    8. Small Speed Increase
    9. Announcement for release of more API's
    10. Bluetooth profiles
    11. Announcement for desktop backup
    12. App Catalog out of Beta
    13. Sprint Navigation Audio Fix

Follow Me On Twitter

1. App Limit
    2. Battery
    4. Flash
    5. Ground Work for GPU
    6. Latitude
    7. E-Mail Fix
    8. Small Speed Increase
    10. Bluetooth profiles
    14. Rainbow unicorn
    15. Rambo unicorn

1. App Limit
    2. Battery
    4. Flash
    5. Ground Work for GPU
    6. Latitude
    7. E-Mail Fix
    8. Small Speed Increase
    10. Bluetooth profiles
    14. Rainbow unicorn
    15. Rambo unicorn

lmao...these threads have become so pointless lately...nothing against you...but your list is wishful thinking....can people post or report on what's actually going to be in 1.3.5...? just getting tried of seeing wish list...i hope the unicorn part is really tho...lol
    Really

Follow Me On Twitter