Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 21 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    My source (the cafeteria lunch lady) told me that 1.3.5 will be out Jan 7 2010 @ 7pm central time.
    Hmm no update last night...
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpre View Post
    It's gotta be true!
    It would be insanely awesome if Palm/Sprint actually did that!

Y'know, just monitor the forums and see who is anticipating and predicting and then actually put it on the update screen.

Priceless!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Anyone else having issues downloading from the app catalog, receiving app catalog unavailable message? I sure hope this means 1.3.5 goodness coming and not just another webos hiccup.
    No issues downloading here. Ugh. Just give me the update already.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    When o when o when o when will 1.3.5 happen?? does this mean classic will finally be avaliable in UK?? I am so desperate I could I bought a WHOLE bunch of apps that need classic to run feel like palm....
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taigerr View Post
    When o when o when o when will 1.3.5 happen?? does this mean classic will finally be avaliable in UK?? I am so desperate I could I bought a WHOLE bunch of apps that need classic to run feel like palm....
    Yeah, fix the 3G bug in 1.3.1, make paid apps available. Sadly, I don't think Palm is even thinking about Europe right now.
    I really hope the upcoming update will help a bit with the too many cards error as well. I can have one webpage open and get the error trying to open something else. I absolutely love the interface on this phone and the potential for multitasking, but at this point I get the too many cards error so often I can hardly multitask at all
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Same here. I stopped trying to convince people to buy the Pre too. After 1.3.1 and after 4 months of dealing with some of the lag and other goofiness of the phone, much of the wind has been taken out of my sales.
    Funny thing is I never really experienced much lag before 1.3.1. Now it is awful! I'm dying for 1.3.5. Despite the lag though, this is far and away my favorite phone (i've owned an iPhone, Blackberry, Android device, and a Windows Mobile Phone).

If Palm can make good on their word and improve speed and battery life then I'd be more than happy. At least for a couple of months before I want video recording
    I went back and patched up and changed my theme. When the time comes for an updated I'll be around but I'm not going to stress over it anymore. My phone works great for me except the little lag but it's not a huge deal I'll be back when 1.3.5 comes out.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    is there any chance 1.3.5 will improve the performance of the telephone? Dropped calls and erroneous "System Busy" alerts when the battery power is low...

It's a knifty piece of gear, but let's not forget it's main and prime purpose of existence, being a telephone.
    Circular reference, for one. It's a link that has Precentral and the earnings call as its main source.

Not only that, it's inaccurately summarizing the Precentral article. Rubenstein mentions "webOS version 1.3.5, which will also be highlighted at CES."

He doesn't say it'll be released at CES, just that it will be highlighted at CES. Now, sure, it's possible that it won't be released until CES with this news, but it's far from confirmed.

I personally think it'll be released more like the 3rd or 4th of January, with Palm's CES presentation on the 7th. There's no reason that they should destroy their servers by releasing it during the actual presentation. Most likely they'll release it a few days earlier so that they can spread the load over a few day period.

It's still possible that maybe it comes out this week or a couple days after Christmas, but I see that being a bad idea. For me at least, the holidays are too hectic to deal with an update, and I'd bet they're probably planning around people feeling the same way.
    Same here. I stopped trying to convince people to buy the Pre too. After 1.3.1 and after 4 months of dealing with some of the lag and other goofiness of the phone, much of the wind has been taken out of my sales.
    For what its worth, I doctored my phone yesterday. The difference in lag is stunning. I am still running 1.3.1 and all my patches and whatnot, but the phone runs much much better. I may just be willing to show this thing off again.
    I think the biggest issue with this phone at this point is the LAG, just to let everyone know, I doctored my phone, installed the 600 smartflex and two more patches that I need. No themes and no more patches just for the heck of it. My phone is much faster now BUT I still think it does not compare to the 3GS and the Droid. I was finally able to convert a friend of mine to the Pre from his iPhone, that lasted only two weeks. When I asked him why he dumped the Pre, one word, LAG.........
    For what its worth, I doctored my phone yesterday. The difference in lag is stunning. I am still running 1.3.1 and all my patches and whatnot, but the phone runs much much better. I may just be willing to show this thing off again.
    Can someone please explain to me what "doctoring my phone" is??

I see this being posted all the time but have no clue..
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkert View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what "doctoring my phone" is??

I see this being posted all the time but have no clue..
    www.palm.com/rom

Basically it's sort of the equivalent of formatting your phone and reinstalling the OS.

They've been updating the webOS Doctor each time though, so if you were to download it now you could go directly to 1.3.1 for example, instead of needing to upgrade OTA.
    erictric. com/technology/palm-webos-1-3-5-coming-in-january-2010]Palm webOS 1.3.5 Coming in January 2010

copy and paste the link...... it clearly says January 2010....this SUCKS!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    erictric. com/technology/palm-webos-1-3-5-coming-in-january-2010]Palm webOS 1.3.5 Coming in January 2010

copy and paste the link...... it clearly says January 2010....this SUCKS!!!!!
    save your time, its nothing new, just the "highlight" comment and some conjecture.
    There are four lights.
    Even so, January is only a week and a half away. lol