1.    #1  
    I am new to the pre. I need advice on a way to easily enter long passwords. My wpa password for my home wifi network is over 20 characters long. The password field on the pre only shows the last key that you type in for a couple and seconds and then changes to a '*'. I end up forgetting my postition in the password. Is there a way to make the last character remain visible in the password field? I have decided it would be easier to copy and paste the password. I created a *xt file with password in it and copied it to the pre. I could not find an application that would allow me to copy the password.
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a *.txt editor for the pre?

Is the easiest solution to just email the password to myself from a another computer and then copy and paste the password.

Thanks, Chad
    former Tungsten E user/ Pre is my first smart phone
    I am using Ubuntu linux if it matters
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Chenault View Post
    I am new to the pre. I need advice on a way to easily enter long passwords. My wpa password for my home wifi network is over 20 characters long. The password field on the pre only shows the last key that you type in for a couple and seconds and then changes to a '*'. I end up forgetting my postition in the password. Is there a way to make the last character remain visible in the password field? I have decided it would be easier to copy and paste the password. I created a *xt file with password in it and copied it to the pre. I could not find an application that would allow me to copy the password.
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a *.txt editor for the pre?

Is the easiest solution to just email the password to myself from a another computer and then copy and paste the password.

Thanks, Chad
    former Tungsten E user/ Pre is my first smart phone
    I am using Ubuntu linux if it matters
    That's a long password , set up your wifi for auto connect on the pre.
    Also there are password vault apps for the pre.

Good luck
    P2Snippets, downloaded for free from Apps Catalog, does what you want

:: P2Labs ::
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  4.    #4  
    Thanks ChasT. I looked at p2snippets on the website and it does look helpful. I can see many uses for this app. Will p2snippets open a *.txt file or how would you get a long password into P2Snippets from a computer file onto the pre.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Chenault View Post
    Thanks ChasT. I looked at p2snippets on the website and it does look helpful. I can see many uses for this app. Will p2snippets open a *.txt file or how would you get a long password into P2Snippets from a computer file onto the pre.
    Thanks
    email a word document to your pre. Open it up. Cut and paste the password into snippet. I might also taking a look at jvault in the app catalog. It is similar to snippet, but it is locked until you add a pin #.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    The solution is to change your encryption to WPA2 personal so you can make a custom length passcode
    I've also done this, but when I cut and paste the password into my WIFI it just disappears and the card reduces..

Anyway around this, its driving me mad
    my wifi reconnects automagically every time I go home. Why do you have to retype it?
    Quote Originally Posted by EN4CER View Post
    I've also done this, but when I cut and paste the password into my WIFI it just disappears and the card reduces..

Anyway around this, its driving me mad
    I'm still trying to assist on this in your other thread. Pop on back over there for a min and let's see if we can't figure out the issue.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2488754
    thanks but i sorted it by reducing the pw lenth