1.    #1  
    so I'm having trouble here, I sent a vcard attachment via sms from a pixi to my pre and it simply not appearing in my contact list. I've added to contacts and it brings up the list, but still does not appear in my list...is this just broken or am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I've never used this method of adding contacts. Telling you to just manually enter it or add it to a Google, Yahoo, or other account and syncing would be a lazy solution.

I'm pretty sure this was a feature that was recently added so it's possible that there's a bug or two..

Going from a Pixi to a Pre shouldn't make any difference as you should be able to send a vCard to almost any phone and make it work.

Conclusion: You must be doing something wrong! Try it again. Better yet, have someone else with a different phone send you a vCard and see if the same thing happens.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  3.    #3  
    fair enough, but I don't think I'm doing something wrong. I've tried to do it via email and sms, both ways pre to pixi and vice versa. The help in contacts says to simply tap message and tap "add to contacts". I already have a way to get it on, I'm just playing with the 2 phones and noticed this bug. I call it that until someone can confirm getting it to work...I'll try another device tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    so I'm having trouble here, I sent a vcard attachment via sms from a pixi to my pre and it simply not appearing in my contact list. I've added to contacts and it brings up the list, but still does not appear in my list...is this just broken or am I doing something wrong?
    I tried this recently on my new Pre, as well, and it did the same. The vcard data is not added to Contacts.
  5. pjs
    Just tried the same thing tonight from Pre to Pixi via MMS and email. Neither worked. The contacts app came up but there was no new entry in it.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I gave up on vCard import in it's current state. When I got it to work it would only import a subset of the fields. I was trying to use it to send vCards with Photots, but ever did get the photos into contacts.
    Apparently this was broken with the 1.3.1 update...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL