Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Im really frustrated....I just recieved a palm pre from ebay today and I got it, and lord and behold it's Pin locked....I cant do anything but try to enter in a pin and call 911. I tried the basic 1234 and 0000. neither works. Im currently trying to Get it flashed to Metro PCS which im going to do myself...but im stuck on this stupid pin screen. I heard from a metro pcs employee that if i run the web os software it would wipe everything off the pre and restore to factory condition...well i tryed that but the program cant detect the pre because its locked....ugh can anyone help please? im going to cry...im a noob @ this...thanks
    you may be able to follow the directions in my signature link just under this text . just click the link and follow the direction
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm having the same problems!
    Connect to PC, start wosqi and install the BypassPINLock patch?

Ay, I guess you have to have DevMode enabled for that...
    Sorry!
    You guys must realize you def. bought a stolen phone haha.
    It's either stolen, or someone offloaded their problem to you after they got a replacement phone through insurance.

I would check the ESN number (under the battery compartment) and contact Sprint to see if the ESN has been flagged. If it has, then you've been had.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Those are the most simple ones.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    easy solution... hold the volume up button then power on... should show a white usb icon then run webos doctor and your good to go
    Same thing happened to me except I forgot my PIN... (so frustrating)...A simple workaround is to install the Bypass PIN patch... But when I called the Sprint Reps they said doctoring the device would be the only way... Sorry...
    To those with locked Pres you bought from someone: the first thing you should do is call Sprint and make sure the ESN is clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    To those with locked Pres you bought from someone: the first thing you should do is call Sprint and make sure the ESN is clean.
    Indeed, because if the ESN has been flagged, even if they get pass the PIN they won't be able to activate the phone.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    so esn is equivelant to imei i guess, right??
    I forget what imei is but it sounds really familiar. The ESN is a unique number each CDMA phone has to identify it. It's like a serial number. If a phone is reported stolen or lost, the ESN will be flagged so no one can ever use it again with a phone service. It is also flagged if you default on your account with that phone still linked to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by teen-omar View Post
    so esn is equivelant to imei i guess, right??
    For all practical purposes, yes. ESN stands for Electronic Serial Number, whereas IMEI is International Mobile Equipment Identity. ESN is used on CDMA networks and IMEI is used on GSM networks.

Since CDMA phones don't use SIM chips, a person's cellular phone account gets linked to the phone itself via the ESN instead of a SIM chip. In order to swap phones, the subscriber has to get the carrier/operator to do an "ESN swap", transferring the account from one ESN to another. If a phone is stolen, lost, or the account is in arrears, the carrier/operator can "flag" the ESN so that the phone can't be used/activated.

That is why it is important to check the ESN when buying second-hand CDMA phones. If the phone is stolen and the ESN is flagged, the second-hand buyer is out of luck and has essentially bought a useless phone because no carrier will activate a phone whose ESN has been flagged.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    This is why i love CDMA. If my pre ever gets lost or stolen. I can do an erase on it from palm.com and flag its ESN so no one can ever use it. Lol take that you dirty thieves!
    Will using the volume up trick erase all the data?
    郁闷,我的也锁住了
    I'm having the same problems!!
    Quote Originally Posted by igetdown View Post
    Will using the volume up trick erase all the data?
    yes' but not on the usb drive
    I come from China,I locked my pre plus too,what should I do
    Quote Originally Posted by ifeellikeastar View Post
    Same thing happened to me except I forgot my PIN... (so frustrating)...A simple workaround is to install the Bypass PIN patch... But when I called the Sprint Reps they said doctoring the device would be the only way... Sorry...
    so were you able to install the pin bypass and save all the txt msgs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast