1.    #1  
    iPhone users being charged extra for their Data usage.... They can now switch to the Palm Pre HAHA!!!!

AT&T may have to limit iPhone users- Market Dispatches - MSN Money
    Even if it gives some sales for the Pre I dont consider this good news when a carrier does something like this. Do you think those that use very little data are going to have their bills go down? I'm sure that is going to be the largest group. It is just a way that ATT can get more money and make data more expensive. It also sets a precedence for other carriers to follow.
    Its good short-term for other networks, but long-term, it poses a threat by example. If the other networks get overloaded with customers that congest their network, Sprint might be tempted to follow suit.
  4.    #4  
    I doubt other carriers will follow AT&T.. right now AT&T charges the average person after taxes $186.00 for unlimited everything (these are bills from friends that have AT&T iPhone) Sprint on the other hand charges are at about $110.00 for unlimited everthing including data for Navigation. There is a big difference in price there now. If people grasp that AT&T charges being at $200 just for one phone line people are going to flip their wigs and bail..
    Both Verizon and AT&T are the market leaders in terms of subscribers. They BOTH charge higher prices for similiar services as T-Mobile and Sprint. The reason for that is simple...Sprint and T-Mobile needs to advertise value to lure customers to those companies, while AT&T and VeriZon charge premiums for the advantage of their network's size and quality. Market differentiation.

But, if Sprint and/or T-Mobile start to become majority leaders and face the problem that AT&T faces (network congestion), then they would be forced to consider all options. Now, I will grant you this...Sprint's network seems to be ahead of the curve and should be able to scale up if they get the subscribers. But we wont know until they double their subscriber base and get on par with AT&T.
    this is madness
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    While at&t was grabbing up customers with the iPhone and NOT growing their network bandwidth. Sprint was looking to the future and building infrastructure, to include 4G.
    at&t for years has had the attitude that they can dominate the market and not have to improve because the customer has no other choice. IF the iPhone goes to other carriers it could be a MASSIVE blow to at&t. As far as the WebOS phone going to at&t that could give them a black eye because of the poor network.
    I just heard the other day that these types of plans will be the future of cell phone charges throughout.
    sucks for AT&t users!
    That sux for AT&T customers
    Sprint is well on its way to do this, they alluded to it in their developer conference keynote.

All the carriers want this desperately, just waiting for others to do it first. If you follow carrier price moves, they're typical of a non-competitive market. Price increases at one carrier are matched immediately by others. Recent Verizon and AT&T statements in response to the FCC inquiry into SMS fees confirmed this.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    right now AT&T charges the average person after taxes $186.00 for unlimited everything (these are bills from friends that have AT&T iPhone) Sprint on the other hand charges are at about $110.00 for unlimited everthing including data for Navigation. There is a big difference in price there now. If people grasp that AT&T charges being at $200 just for one phone line people are going to flip their wigs and bail..
    I had 2 iPhones and a third line and paid around $200 per month. 1400 min, unlimited text for all and unlimited data for the 2 iPhones. But Sprint will be much cheaper, once I get my wife to look at another phone besides the iPhone. I heard about AT&T doing this a while ago.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Isn't AT&T exclusive contract to the iphone almost up? I wonder what they're going to do then? The iphone carries that network.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    On the one hand it kinda stinks, but on the other hand why should I have to pay for all those folks who don't used WIFI when they should. I transfer about 95% of my data via WIFI.