Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Don't you have EVDO or 3g connection? If the wifi is not working out then use one of your other internet connection. Are you sure the problem is the phone and not your wifi router, or something else interfering with your connection.
    wifi is faster for me and need it for Pocket Mirror syncing. The problem is not my router as lap tops connect and hold no problem. Any helpN
    Sorry,fresh out of idea. Maybe someone who might understand this problem better than I do might chime in and help. I hope things turn out ok for you. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by EN4CER View Post
    wifi is faster for me and need it for Pocket Mirror syncing. The problem is not my router as lap tops connect and hold no problem. Any helpN
    Same for me. Need it for Chapura syncing, and the Quick Test fails for the Wifi hardware. I sent the log to Palm, I'm wondering what to do next.

Other things I've tried: rebooting DSL modem, restarting phone, deleting/readding network on device, re-entering authentication code (it also fails, btw, on unsecured networks that are accessible from nearby). So frustrating.

I know that my McAfee on my PC just updated to the latest version. I'm wondering if it changed something on my router.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Have you attempted in resetting your wifi preferences on the phone ? Prefrences -> // Forget network / power down and restart ? Also do you have Auto IP settings selected to on ?
    I don't see the "forget network" option on the Preferences menu under WiFi settings. I'm using webOS 1.4.5, so I realize when you wrote this response the OS was much earlier; maybe it changed in 1.4.5?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    If the quick test failed for wifi, the hardware may be damaged and a software fix won't be enough. You may need to get another pre to get wifi working.

To get to the forget network option, you have to connect to the network first. Then click on the network to see it's ip address and the forget netowork option.

What worked for me is to get a router that sends out a stronger wifi signal.
    I have different AV so its not that... I still have to reboot the router to get a connexion. All other wifi devices connect without issue.! Any ideas?
    I finally got hold of Palm Tech Support today, and they refused to help me because my phone was more than 90 days old, even though it's within the one-year mfr. warranty period. No wonder they're losing a huge part of the market share.

Anyway, I got hold then of Bell Mobility tech support, the guy knew nothing about the phone but he did contact Palm on my behalf and relayed to me that Palm says it's a software issue, not hardware, and the way to fix it is to do a full backup, then perform a full reset (wipe) of the phone and all data, then reinstall the OS (using my Palm Profile?). I'm not sure how that process works, maybe someone can tell me here.

Then he also said if I call them back they can have me connect the Pre to my laptop and Palm can remotely restore my phone. Is that true?

I just went out for a while and tried to connect at some other wireless locations and got the same "Association Failed" error.

Any ideas at this point would be really appreciated.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Why does this thread have the word "FIX" in big capital letters in the thread title? Looks to me like folks are still looking for the fix.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchbear View Post
    I finally got hold of Palm Tech Support today, and they refused to help me because my phone was more than 90 days old, even though it's within the one-year mfr. warranty period. No wonder they're losing a huge part of the market share.

Anyway, I got hold then of Bell Mobility tech support, the guy knew nothing about the phone but he did contact Palm on my behalf and relayed to me that Palm says it's a software issue, not hardware, and the way to fix it is to do a full backup, then perform a full reset (wipe) of the phone and all data, then reinstall the OS (using my Palm Profile?). I'm not sure how that process works, maybe someone can tell me here.

Then he also said if I call them back they can have me connect the Pre to my laptop and Palm can remotely restore my phone. Is that true?

I just went out for a while and tried to connect at some other wireless locations and got the same "Association Failed" error.

Any ideas at this point would be really appreciated.
    If you want to restore your pre, precentral wrote an article to help.
    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-res...en-bricked-pre

I would use Save/Restore and Pre Backup Utility from Preware before you Doctor to have extra backups of your data in the usb drive of your pre.

At least give Repair Utility a shot since it does not require deleting anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchbear View Post
    ... Palm says it's a software issue, not hardware, and the way to fix it is to do a full backup, then perform a full reset (wipe) of the phone and all data, then reinstall the OS (using my Palm Profile?).
    They mean full erase with webOs doctor. Tried it twice but the problem remains.

Kaido
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I had to disable all router encryption (including enabling broadcasting) and my Pre would connect. Then I would re-enable the router's encryption (including MAC Authentication using the Pre's address) and all is good.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12