Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49
  1.    #1  
    Okay, I'm from Canada and with Bell if that matters.

    I got a brand new Palm Pre about two days ago, and I cannot receive picture messages! I'm finally able to send them, but I wasn't at first.
    I'm not even able to update my palm pre, because I get an error message saying it wasn't able to connect. The only way I can update it, is if I used wifi.

    I called tech support, and I was on the phone for about two hours, and they still couldn't help me. The phone is BRAND NEW, why isn't it working!? I've tried absolutely everything.
    I tried the whole palm-pre-profile-not-being-verified thing, and doing the partial erase.. NOTHING is allowing me to get picture messages. Tech support said web alerts is what is not working.
    Please help me, uggh.

    [MODERATOR NOTE: This thread was split off from a member initiated help thread so as to contain the discussions pertaining to this issue only.

    If you believe this thread has helped your issue or you have other questions, you can post them to the original thread that started it all:

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html

    You can also express your thanks to them as well.]
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 12/06/2009 at 04:53 PM.
  2.    #2  
    I just posted a thread, but I'll do it again here, just in case.

    'Okay, I'm from Canada and with Bell if that matters.

    I got a brand new Palm Pre about two days ago, and I cannot receive picture messages! I'm finally able to send them, but I wasn't at first.
    I'm not even able to update my palm pre, because I get an error message saying it wasn't able to connect. The only way I can update it, is if I used wifi.

    I called tech support, and I was on the phone for about two hours, and they still couldn't help me. The phone is BRAND NEW, why isn't it working!? I've tried absolutely everything.
    I tried the whole palm-pre-profile-not-being-verified thing, and doing the partial erase.. NOTHING is allowing me to get picture messages. Tech support said web alerts is what is not working.'
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 12/06/2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: moved Moderator note to first post after merge
  3. tejoe's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    I just posted a thread, but I'll do it again here, just in case.

    'Okay, I'm from Canada and with Bell if that matters.

    I got a brand new Palm Pre about two days ago, and I cannot receive picture messages! I'm finally able to send them, but I wasn't at first.
    I'm not even able to update my palm pre, because I get an error message saying it wasn't able to connect. The only way I can update it, is if I used wifi.

    I called tech support, and I was on the phone for about two hours, and they still couldn't help me. The phone is BRAND NEW, why isn't it working!? I've tried absolutely everything.
    I tried the whole palm-pre-profile-not-being-verified thing, and doing the partial erase.. NOTHING is allowing me to get picture messages. Tech support said web alerts is what is not working.'
    have you tried reseting you pre?
    can you get to a computer with internet access?
  4.    #4  
    I have tried resetting it. I've turned it off, I've taken the battery out and everything
    Nothing seems to work!!

    and Yes, I'm on a computer with internet access as we speak
  5. tejoe's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    I have tried resetting it. I've turned it off, I've taken the battery out and everything
    Nothing seems to work!!

    and Yes, I'm on a computer with internet access as we speak
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    download the lastest version then come back and we'll work on your other problem
  6.    #6  
    I'm trying to do webOS doctor, but it won't even load for me. The next button won't illuminate. It says this can happen if we're using windows XP, but I'm using Vista. I've been waiting for twenty minutes, getting frustratinggg.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    download the lastest version then come back and we'll work on your other problem
    Can we just pretend I did this. On the site it says 'Tip If connection options appear on your phone's screen when you plug it in, you do not need this tool. Close the webOS Doctor window and disconnect your phone.'
    And I get connection options, so I'm going to assume this is why the program isn't even letting me continue..
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    I'm trying to do webOS doctor, but it won't even load for me. The next button won't illuminate. It says this can happen if we're using windows XP, but I'm using Vista. I've been waiting for twenty minutes, getting frustratinggg.
    Try this set of instructions and see if it works for you: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1696114.

    You might also try it with your Pre in developer mode:
    1. Go to card view.
    2. Type webos20090606, then tap the developer mode enabler icon that will appear if you typed the code correctly.
    3. Turn on developer mode, and allow the Pre to reset when prompted.
    4. After reset, plug your phone in and try webOS Doctor again.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    I'm trying to do webOS doctor, but it won't even load for me. The next button won't illuminate. It says this can happen if we're using windows XP, but I'm using Vista. I've been waiting for twenty minutes, getting frustratinggg.
    Try a different USB port. I don't know why this works, but sometimes certain devices don't like particular USB ports.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    Can we just pretend I did this. On the site it says 'Tip If connection options appear on your phone's screen when you plug it in, you do not need this tool. Close the webOS Doctor window and disconnect your phone.'
    And I get connection options, so I'm going to assume this is why the program isn't even letting me continue..
    Those directions are designed for people who aren't modifying their phones, ie you would only need the doctor if an update didn't go through properly and your phone wasn't working correctly. Those of us who modify our phones WILL need the good doctor from time to time, even though we still get those options.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  11.    #11  
    Well, good news! I got past that one screen, and was able to click next!
    But now it's telling me it's charging my phone, and it's not moving from 0%. My phone is 100% completely charged. Arg, this is such a hassle lol.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    Well, good news! I got past that one screen, and was able to click next!
    But now it's telling me it's charging my phone, and it's not moving from 0%. My phone is 100% completely charged. Arg, this is such a hassle lol.
    Is your phone in usb or just charge?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Is your phone in usb or just charge?
    USB.
    Then all of a sudden it told me my phone was disconnected, and to try again, but my phone was completely back and wouldn't even turn on. I had to pull the battery.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    USB.
    Then all of a sudden it told me my phone was disconnected, and to try again, but my phone was completely back and wouldn't even turn on. I had to pull the battery.
    Hmmm...I think when I doctored I was in just charge, 'cause I have the doctor in a folder with WOSQI & Repair utility. I know Shada has great instructions for doctoring and for how to get your phone into usb mode when it won't turn on, but I'm not sure where they are. Anyone else?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  15.    #15  
    Well that's alright, I finally got it working. I really hope this works. This was only supposed to help one of my problems, haha.

    I love this phone, but I'm already having issues with it, and I haven't even had it for for four full days!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    Well that's alright, I finally got it working. I really hope this works. This was only supposed to help one of my problems, haha.

    I love this phone, but I'm already having issues with it, and I haven't even had it for for four full days!
    There is definitely a learning/tweaking curve, but I am anything other than tech savvy and I love this thing and love playing with it & learning new stuff. I also love that there is somewhere I can come to get help when I'm stumped. I have had issues with it, too, so you are not alone.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Hmmm...I think when I doctored I was in just charge, 'cause I have the doctor in a folder with WOSQI & Repair utility. I know Shada has great instructions for doctoring and for how to get your phone into usb mode when it won't turn on, but I'm not sure where they are. Anyone else?
    1) Insert the USB cable into the AC charger, and insert the AC charger into a wall outlet.
    2) Remove and reinsert the phone battery.
    3) Press and hold the volume up button, and insert the USB cable into the phone.
    4) A large USB icon should appear on the phone screen. (which you won't be able to see, but it should still be in USB mode)
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    download the lastest version then come back and we'll work on your other problem
    Done! I don't know which issue you had in mind this was supposed to fix, but onto my other problem now?

    Ps, thanks for all the help guys. It's really appreciated.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    Done! I don't know which issue you had in mind this was supposed to fix, but onto my other problem now?

    Ps, thanks for all the help guys. It's really appreciated.
    Sorry, been a long night...other problem?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  20.    #20  
    My two problems were that I couldn't update my Pre unless I was connected via wifi (and I think that's the problem that was just fixed..?)

    The other MAIN issue, is that I can't receive picture messages... I called in for tech support, and I was on the phone for two hours with no solution.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions