Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Has anyone experienced losing some photos after the latest software update? I had almost 500 images on my pre, took a few pictures, went to check them later on and only had 96 images listed, which included the latest photos I took. The "All Images" list was gone. Instead, it has it was replace with "Photo Roll" at the top. There is now even a little gap between that listing and the next one. All the other lists (i.e. messaging, DCIM, etc..) have no gaps between them.

I suppose these images are gone, unless you can restore the phone to an earlier point. I have some backed up on the computer. Just a really strange occurrence!

Any ideas? Didn't download anything or do anything different from my daily use of the Pre.

Thanks!!!!
    Yes, "All images" folder is gone on mine after the latest software up date.
    The All Images listing is gone, which is fine by me, I never used it... but I noticed no loss of data, all my pictures were there - in the individual folders I had placed them in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morettiman View Post
    I suppose these images are gone, unless you can restore the phone to an earlier point. I have some backed up on the computer. Just a really strange occurrence!
    They may not be gone, just re-categorized. Connect your Pre to a computer in USB drive mode and you'll likely find that they're all still there in whichever folders they were sitting in.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. I'll plug the pre in my computer to sync those pics up.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    As I was sending an attachment, I noticed that all of my images, including the ALL IMAGES list was there. ONLY when I want to send an attachment. What is up with that. So, apparently my images haven't been erased. But, the only way for me to get to them is to send an attachment via text or email. That also might explain the little gap in the photo list between Photo Roll and the next list down. Must be a bug with the 1.3.1 update. Hopefully will be fixed soon.
    I'd be surprised if they weren't all still there in the Photos app too, there just isn't an 'all' category for them anymore so you have to go looking in whatever folder they live under...

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    There were almost 500 images in the all images file. The Photo roll only has 96 in there now and the other folders have what they did before the update. I can see the almost 500 images when I go to attach a photo to a text or email. Thanks for the help!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I had this also. The only way i could fix it was to USB the Pre, create a new folder and copy the pictures that the Photo app couldnt see into the new folder.

Then they are back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morettiman View Post
    There were almost 500 images in the all images file. The Photo roll only has 96 in there now and the other folders have what they did before the update.
    That's what I'm saying, the number of pictures in Photo Roll (aka the DCIM\100PALM folder in USB Drive mode) plus the number of all the other pictures in all the other folders is probably about 500. The pictures aren't gone, the photos app just doesn't have an All Photos roll-up to group them together for viewing anymore...

My all Images was "lost" when looking at photos after I downloaded the newest update. When attaching a photo to a phone number, the "All Images" is there. My question is: When will this be fixed?
    I have started losing random pictures...in no particular order. Like, I will take a pic of my daughter at the park on the swing, then the slide, then the monkey bars and the swing pic will be gone. I noticed this happens most when i MMS the pic to some one or when i use friendbook to upload it (my pre will still not let me sync with facebook?! Password/ Username is incorrect).

Anyone else having this issue? Is there a patch for it?