1.    #1  
    I have a picture that I need to rotate. Can this be done on the pre or is there some s/w that will help me do this?
    Not that I know of on the pre itself.

You can download irfanview, its free for the pc. Very easy to use and its a small, fast running program and nifty for quick rotating and cropping jobs. Reads just about any image format.

Connect your pre to your PC, select USB mode view your pictures. I prefer Irfanview to Windows picture gallery.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    This is really stupid. I took a picture sideways, because it fit the screen better that way, and I can't view it on the phone because there is no way to turn the picture upright, and when I turn the phone, it turns the picture.

So if I'm out somewhere and I take a landscape picture, I can't show anyone till I get home to a computer, and rotate it? D U M B

How is this functionality missing?? You know, I love this phone, but sometimes I have to scratch my head as to what Palm was thinking.
    I have had the same problem forever and only recently found a fix.

- connect Pre to a Windows PC via USB (mine happens to be Vista)
    - browse to the DCIM folder on the Pre that contains the photos
    - view the photos in Windows Picture Gallery
    - Any photo you know NOT to be in the direction you want, change/rotate it in Windows Picture Gallery. It will look wrong. Then change/rotate it again to look correct.

Vwallah.
    palm, can you please add a rotate button to the photo app!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    turn your phone so it goes landscape and picture rotates. orange key+sym+P (screen shot). then go in screen shot and open that picture up it should be oriented the way you want it. If that is what you are talking about it should work... If not go to the computer like they said. But rotate button in photo app would be dope
    Just noticed this was missing the other day. I liked HTC's implementation of drawing a quarter circle on the screen to rotate a photo.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    How do you get a sideways picture? The camera automatically rotates to all four directions when I'm taking pictures. If the accelerometer's getting stuck in the camera app, then that is the issue Palm should address. It wouldn't hurt to add a rotate feature to the photos app, but it would be better if it wasn't necessary
    Visor Platinum > Treo 90 > Clie PEG-NR70V > another Treo 90 > BB Pearl 8130 > Pre Plus
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post
    How do you get a sideways picture? The camera automatically rotates to all four directions when I'm taking pictures. If the accelerometer's getting stuck in the camera app, then that is the issue Palm should address. It wouldn't hurt to add a rotate feature to the photos app, but it would be better if it wasn't necessary
    Doesn't help when someone sends you a picture and it isn't oriented correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgrundvig View Post
    Doesn't help when someone sends you a picture and it isn't oriented correctly.
    Tell them they need a Palm Pre that has auto-rotation so they never take a shot wrong
    lol. i tell everyone that they should have a Pre. i get in arguments at work. one guy has an iphone, the other a hero, and i... well... i spose you can guess. lol. so many cool features. good idea about the screenshot while in landscape. i never thought of doing that. lol
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    This topic is kind of old but you can finally rotate photos with our free Photo Effects app. (Sorry, I don't have enough posts to include a link. Just search App Catalog or PreCentral App Gallery for Photo Effects.) It currently relies on a web service because webOS doesn't provide functionality to do it locally yet but is pretty quick on WiFi.
    I have 2 or 3 pics that have done this, sometimes if your taking a pic of something below/above you and you rotate the camera it is not enough to actually rotate it.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing