Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    thanks, grndslm, i'll try starting a thread.

no error, (on either code) it just doesn't do anything.... as if you had typed anything else into the search. tried enter, but it just does a google search.

sad thing is, all i want to do right now is change my text alert so i can actually hear it, but i'm sure once i do that i'll get hooked on messing with everything else
  2.    #42  
    I think you just need to check out the Meta-Doc Guide, man... there's really no reason not to do it. You'll learn a number of things, and it couldn't be more than 20 to 30 min of actual WORK, besides the waiting.

It's virtually inevitable that you'll need to Doctor, and it's really not that difficult... but doing things like trying to turn dev mode on is even a pain when you have the code and have to restart!! And being able to bypass the carrier activation and just hit "Update Network Settings" is pricelss, verses having to find a wifi or 2g signal (think they fixed 2g?). Buncha junk it solves... Just use the Verizon version numbers, it won't be that hard to figure out exactly what to download and rename to for a couple commands.

It'll be worth it for what you can have right now... I can promise you that much.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ok, i'll give it a shot! thanks, man!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    well, got it into developer mode....got the software working....everything seemed to be fine....then when i hit instal i got this message:

An error occured, return value:28
    collected errors:
    only have 0 available blocks on filesystem /media/cryptofs/, pkg com.michaelpule.mynotofocation need 1 bad statfs

it was the same for fcoaster...
    that and all my downloaded apps seem to be gone
    i'm also getting an error that sdk doesn't have an exe file to launch just a bin, i've seen some posts that say they "grabbed" a line outta novacom and put it in then the sdk worked....i'm not sure wat they were "grabbing"...or were they were putting it but i'm begining to get a little frustrated.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by CAV AV8R View Post
    well, got it into developer mode....got the software working....everything seemed to be fine....then when i hit instal i got this message:

An error occured, return value:28
    collected errors:
    only have 0 available blocks on filesystem /media/cryptofs/, pkg com.michaelpule.mynotofocation need 1 bad statfs

it was the same for fcoaster...
    that and all my downloaded apps seem to be gone
    You might need to do a Doctor and full erase... or vice-versa... not sure if it makes a whole lotta difference.

EDIT: Nevermind, now that I re-read your post again... it looks like you DID get Preware working??

If you can see it, then any problem you have might just be temporary... with palm servers, webos-internal servers, whatever.... But at least it looks like VZ pres can have homebrew installed on 'em. Was worried there for a min.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmasters View Post
    i'm also getting an error that sdk doesn't have an exe file to launch just a bin, i've seen some posts that say they "grabbed" a line outta novacom and put it in then the sdk worked....i'm not sure wat they were "grabbing"...or were they were putting it but i'm begining to get a little frustrated.
    Getting homebrew working doesn't require the SDK... but both homebrew and SDK require the Novacom drivers, which is what 96% of people have trouble with.

The newest Novacom drivers should always be able to be installed from going thru the first couple steps of the newest Doctor, downloadable on the WebOS-Internals site...

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    disregard. the new WOSQI recently posted did the trick and i'm up and running! thanks for the help, this is much better!
    Hi I've got WOSQI installed on my PC, no trouble, plus Preware on my Pre. Happy happy.

However, I've talked my friend into buying a Pre and want to introduce him to the fun of Preware and Patches.

Can I just turn on developer mode, plug in his Pre and copy over Preware and the Package Manager Service?,

Or do I have to click the re-install Novacom button to add other files to his Pre ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  10.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Hi I've got WOSQI installed on my PC, no trouble, plus Preware on my Pre. Happy happy.

However, I've talked my friend into buying a Pre and want to introduce him to the fun of Preware and Patches.

Can I just turn on developer mode, plug in his Pre and copy over Preware and the Package Manager Service?,

Or do I have to click the re-install Novacom button to add other files to his Pre ?
    Yup
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    heeeeeellllllp!!!!!! im not an ***** and i think i can follow directions but for some reason i cant do this is there anyone in the nyc area that can hook up with me and take me by the hand and show me how to install all of this stuff i'll pay for the subway and coffee please help i have tried many times but cant seem to get it anybody please come to my rescue please email me delmanviars@yahoo.com
    Last edited by del420; 02/17/2010 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Yup
    Thanks, I'm assuming that was in reply to the bit that you highlighted:
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  13.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    heeeeeellllllp!!!!!! im not an ***** and i think i can follow directions but for some reason i cant do this is there anyone in the nyc area that can hook up with me and take me by the hand and show me how to install all of this stuff i'll pay for the subway and coffee please help i have tried many times but cant seem to get it anybody please come to my rescue please call or text me...
    del420...

Good to see a fellow toker!

I'm not sure it's a smart idea to post your number on the internet... but that's your call, not mine!

Perhaps you could just try pointing out which step is not working for you... or which step you think isn't working. It's really an extremely painless process....

- check java's at 1.6 (or "Version 6")

- make sure dev mode is enabled on the phone & "just charge" is selected when you plug it in, NOT "usb mode"

- make sure the Novacom drivers are installed on your desktopOS, which you can do several ways -- from running the first couple steps of the Doctor, to installing the SDK, to letting WOSQI do it for you, to manually downloading the drivers yourself.... all of these methods basically get you to download & install the newest Novacom drivers one way or another.

.... The last step is most likely the one you're having problems with. But it could also be the one before that. I should just change the instructions to these three steps, huh? Looks a lot cleaner!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    yep you are rite about the phone # but I'm desperate I will edit also I only have about 3hrs a day I can get my hands on my gals laptop and it's a freakin mac at that so I will give it another try tomarrow I mean it looks simple and I can follow directions we shall see thanx again bro peace
  15.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Bumpin' for the n00bs.
    One mo' time!
    Error
    Only have 0 available blocks on filesystem/media/cryptofs/apps/,pkg needs 1 bad statf
    Yes, it's easy to forget about not entering USB drive mode - I've done that more than once myself and the error message ain't all that clear about where you've gone wrong. Sample error screen attached for reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! I've tried with other posts to get Web OS Quick Install to work with no luck...After the new Web OS update last night, none of my patches were working. I am currently connected and updating them as we speak! Thank you again!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast