Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    The speed-dial slot #1 for voicemail seems to be hard-coded. Is there any way (with homebrew hacks) to change the number dialed from the voicemail shortcut? I'd like to change it to my Google Voice VM number, as I no longer use my Sprint voicemail.
    Just create a shortcut for a new number. I have set a speeddial for the 6/G key (G = Googlevoice) and it works well!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thank you, but I was asking how to change the voicemail slot, speed dial #1. I already know how to create other speed dial shortcuts.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    In Palm's own user forum there is the same question.
    I have a GSM Pre, webOS 1.1.3 and I can't setup the voicemail number, either.
    A rumour says manual setup option would be added in future webOS releases.
    But like rumours often are, this one too can be false.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i too need this
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Like I said in my post here in this thread earlier, I was unable to setup the voicemail number for that "tape player" button. Not in earlier webOS versions, not in 1.3.5.2 either.

Today I was checking APN settings in the phone preferences and - for no particular reason - entered the voicemail number into the field and exited preferences.
    To my surprise, when tapping the voicemail button the phone did make a call to my voicemail! Wow!
    Then I opened the phone preferences again and the voicemail number was wiped out with "unable to access voicemail number" like it always has done. Reentered the number and, again, tapping voicemail button makes a call to voicemail. Great!
    I can't explain why the number wasn't accepted before but now it does. Strange, but who cares, really, if it works!
    Last edited by Lemstil; 02/19/2010 at 05:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I don't think we have APN settings on our CDMA Pre's...
    Considering it's possible on GSM phones, I imagine a patch should be entirely possible on both... I'm very surprised there is so little interest in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpram99 View Post
    I don't think we have APN settings on our CDMA Pre's...
    Considering it's possible on GSM phones, I imagine a patch should be entirely possible on both... I'm very surprised there is so little interest in this.
    I just got my Pre Plus and realized this was an issue and I'm VERY interested in this! Verizon is alternatively clueless (their website has instructions that don't work) and deceptive (there's a post from an area rep saying that this oversight is actually a "security feature".)

Anyway, I'm pretty steamed that I have to kludge an alternate speed dial letter just to get voicemail without manually entering the code every time.

I'm amazed I didn't see anything about it in any of the reviews I read. It's such a little thing, it's easily taken for granted and a major aggravation to discover it's gone.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I couldn't agree more, how do we get more attention on this issue? I'm not a Linux guru, (or a good coder) so I can't be of much help in creating anything useful for WebOS.
    A call to Palm did get a "we are aware of the problem" response, at least. The more calls the better, I'd say!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I'll add my +1 to wanting to code "tt" + my PIN + "#" after the voicemail number. Some have said the PIN can be removed completely such that it is not needed only when calling from the cell phone, but I have been unsuccessful in finding how to do that. thorne
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I use YouMail with the YouView app for visual voicemail. Works pretty well. You really don't need to even call in, but it you want to you can just assign it to Speed Dial #2.