Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 ... LastLast
    After 1.3.1, no apps are polling the network like they should, either OTA or WiFi. No email notifications, no twitter (spaz or tweed) notifications. I get a yellow triangle in email when I try to set it to "As Items Arrive", and it simply ignores whatever time interval I set.

I removed all my patches prior to update. At this point, I'm contemplating a wipe and restore.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    My OS update just happened auto over night and I never removed my patches or anything else, but I didn't have any themes. It seems like everything is fine and all of my patches were removed some how. Am I going to see probs down the line or could every thing really just be cool.

Also after the update I opened up preware and it listed 91 patches I can choose from. Can I just start DLing these again or do they have to be updated for 1.3.1?
    Can someone please help me with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by poozo View Post
    i get no usb, or media sync when on my laptop. it just starts charging.
    Same here. Anyone have any suggestions??
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    My phone will not charge since the update
    I'm also having this problem. Plugging into the computer nothing really happens. I get the charge icon but nothing else. It doesn't seem to actually be charging, as the battery percentage has dropped down while plugged in. Putting on the touch stone does not do anything at all. And when plugged in with the AC adapter, I get the charging icon again and also a notification but it's still not charging.
    The new Pin Lock Timer / Secure Unlock feature does NOT work. Described as this:

A new Secure Unlock preference allows you to set the time interval the phone is idle before the phone locks, requiring you to enter the PIN/password to unlock the phone. This can be the same as or different from the interval after which the screen turns off. To set the preference: Open Screen & Lock > Lock After.

As you can see by the attached screenshot, there is no option to set a time lock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    KBLOM, same issue here as well.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    Can someone please help me with this?
    I remember you from this morning; I thought you removed your patches. Anyway, since you didn't have any themes, and I presume you installed your patches using Preware, run EPR now. It should remove any patches. If you don't, I expect you will find it difficult to install any of the patches now available for 1.3.1. (Those are the patches you're seeing in Preware.)
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    i am getting the same result. i also noticed that it only plays the custom ringtone for a few seconds instead of the ~20 seconds it would play before 1.3.1
    I'm also getting the same messaging ringtone problems. My ringtone will only play part of the sound rather than the full few seconds and it plays the notification tone I set before the patch part of the time. I've tried re-install SMS Tone Per Contact again, but I keep getting errors. I tried setting an SMS tone via the new OS method, but it only plays part of the time.

I also tried installing the Left Side Avatar patch to fit with my theme, but it doesn't seem to work either. It is listed in Preware patches, so it should be compatible. I couldn't install that or the SMS Tone Per Contact via WebOS Quick Install, either.
    Don't know if this has to do with 1.3..but its only happened this time and it was right after 1.3 was installed.

I went to bed at about 5:00 AM. I woke up at 1:30 PM... Usually if I do this my phone will have 85% battery life when I wake up.. just from being on standby with no apps running. After 1.3 I woke up today and my phone was completely dead. I tried turning it on and i got the " ? <power cord> " symbol. It completely drained itself.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

I keep getting a lowercase "i" on a white circle telling me that the proper password is not being used for the account, even though i know it is. I deleted that account, re-booted the phone and. . .same problem!
    If the password WAS wrong, it would'nt let me sync up the phone and that particular account in the first place, right?

Also, the phone won't seem to charge all way back up to 100% since the upgrade AND drains more quickly too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KBLOM View Post
    The new Pin Lock Timer / Secure Unlock feature does NOT work.
    As you can see by the attached screenshot, there is no option to set a time lock.
    Works fine for me.

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    So in preparation for the new WebOS update, i resetted my phone so I tweaked it a decent amt. I went to Backup so I can backup my contacts. Then I did WebOS doctor. Then once I got loaded up, I went to Updates and updated the WebOS to 1.3.1. But now, all my contacts are missing. Where did it go? I just backed up too! I need help! Please! =\
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I can't open more than one card at a time without getting a "Sorry too many cards" message. So much for multitasking. I've reset my phone 3 times I guess I have to use WebOs Doctor, hopefully that will fix my situation. Also, playing Youtube videos causes my phone to reset.
    I installed 1.3.1 without removing patches. I was having issues with the phone, but I installed Emergency Patch Recovery and everything is hunky dory! Thanks for all the info. I didn't want to do the webos doctor thing if I could avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    anyone having problems iwth filecoaster 1.3.1 - I can't seem to do a URL install - keep getting "install error" even though I deleted a bunch of apps
    I've heard there is a problem with fileCoaster and the 1.3.1 update.

In the meantime, you can use Preware to install all homebrew, patches, themes, services and plugins on the device. Preware has over 1000 packages available for installing on 1.3.1 ...

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Follow @webosinternals on twitter for more 1.3.1 news.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo2cool View Post
    I installed 1.3.1 without removing patches. I was having issues with the phone, but I installed Emergency Patch Recovery and everything is hunky dory! Thanks for all the info. I didn't want to do the webos doctor thing if I could avoid it.
    Yep, that's the key advantage of the AutoPatch technology that WebOS Internals developed to package up patches - it allows the Emergency Patch Recovery tool (also developed by WebOS Internals) to remove patches in an emergency immediately after an update when you forgot to remove the before.

Note that we still recommend that you remove all patches and themes before updating.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Works fine for me.

Do you hook up to an Exchange server? I do for work, and I'm thinking it might have something to do with that.
    mytether doesnt download to webos at all... should have never doctored the phone
    I'm getting a six second delay when opening any app.... There is a major lag with my phone. This is just unacceptable. Anyone else?

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Headphones - The function button (skip to next song) not working properly in music player
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 ... LastLast