Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by awlom View Post
    Removed all patches & Themes upgraded the OS, now trying to reload the Cowboys Football Theme, and it is stuck between error 5 & 19 connection refused... What should I do? I do not want to brick this device...
    I think you have to try again, the preware server is very busy today. What does preware show you ? Does it show that the themis already installed or not ? If it shows that it is already installed (as per your error notifications , it could easily be a partial install), then I would recommend you to uninstall the theme and then reinstall it !

Good luck and post the results,
    Chander.
    here is a tip: I didn't use EPR on Preware for mine...

I used quick install, and click installed patches and checked and removed everything from quick install
    I am unable to update I just get the hanging search for updates and then error unable to connect btw im using wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
    i'm on 1.3.1 on sprint and can only see 165 apps in the app catalog. what should i do?

I did a full erase and all is well again

Seems to be an issue.

I have emailed them and was told that there were only 2 reports mine and someone elses. Well.. Now lets make it 3.

I will tell them as well.
    Cannot log in to my Yahoo IM account in the text message app. It let me when i first updated to the new update and now I cant log in.
    my sound notification is my camera shutter sound. how do i change this? i wish preware had the custom notification patch back
    How about screen capture or 'Gesture +' functions? I have two Pre's one patched and one is full OEM. Neither one will do those functions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    How about screen capture or 'Gesture +' functions? I have two Pre's one patched and one is full OEM. Neither one will do those functions.
    Screen capture works fine here using alt - sym - p keys. It looks like they "fixed" the issue of double pictures (a .jpg and .png) - I'm only getting 1 picture per screenshot now, which is in .png format.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Since installing new update everything is fine but I cant seem to find virtual keyboard. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    The browser doesn't seem to know how to handle live streams anymore.. I tried http://www.twit.am/listen and it comes up with a download box, downloads something, but never launches the music player to stream the audio. =\
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    i didnt uninstall all 122 of my patches before the undate and now none of them work and when i try to uninstall them they give a script error!

do i have to webOSdoctor...?
    Global Posts
    524 Global Posts
    Anyone try the Default Applications feature in the launcher yet? When I go to it everything is grayed out. I can't do anything on the page. Was going to try to set Gdial as the default dialer.
    is anyone noticing that the all-day event still isn't showing up properly in the month view? strange, it's listed as one of the changes in the change-log, but i am definitely not seeing all-day events in month view. thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Screen capture works fine here using alt - sym - p keys. It looks like they "fixed" the issue of double pictures (a .jpg and .png) - I'm only getting 1 picture per screenshot now, which is in .png format.
    Thank you, I was using alt/shift/P. How about the copy and paste? Now I have tried the Gesture +, Select all, and manual highlight. It says copied if I use highlight only. But then can't paste into even email. I hoped for into text, but knew I was asking for too much. Also thanks for pointing out double pics are fixed, thank god!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Thank you, I was using alt/shift/P. How about the copy and paste? Now I have tried the Gesture +, Select all, and manual highlight. It says copied if I use highlight only. But then can't paste into even email. I hoped for into text, but knew I was asking for too much. Also thanks for pointing out double pics are fixed, thank god!
    I don't use the copy/paste feature that much but I was able to highlight a paragraph by using shift and then tapping the paragraph, which highlighted it. To copy it, I held my finger on the gesture area and used another finger to hit "C" on the keyboard - I got a message saying "selection copied."

I was then able to paste the selection in a text message, a memo and also an email by first placing the cursor in the body then holding my finger on the gesture area and tapping "V" to paste the selection.

I'll have to research a bit to see how to copy just specific words instead of entire paragraphs.
    Can anyone add more than one Yahoo IM account? Adding multiple e-mail accounts is nor problem, but for some reason the Yahoo IM disappears from the IM Add Account scene after I have one IM account setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    my sound notification is my camera shutter sound. how do i change this? i wish preware had the custom notification patch back
    same issue here.. I thoug my phone was mess!
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    Unlocking the phone while it is on the touchstone charger no longer keeps the screen active, it will lock anyway. This is a huge change and I hope someone can patch this, it's infuriating.
    Same here. I keep a Touchstone on my desk at my PC and usually keep it unlocked so I can interact with the phone quickly if I have a notification. Now it seems to sleep as if it were not on the Touchstone (in my case, after 3 minutes). It kinda sucks, since I have a pin on my unlock. Not a huge deal breaker I suppose, just a little inconvenient.

PS: Long time lurker, first time poster, been surfing since July here. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I don't use the copy/paste feature that much but I was able to highlight a paragraph by using shift and then tapping the paragraph, which highlighted it. To copy it, I held my finger on the gesture area and used another finger to hit "C" on the keyboard - I got a message saying "selection copied."

I was then able to paste the selection in a text message, a memo and also an email by first placing the cursor in the body then holding my finger on the gesture area and tapping "V" to paste the selection.

I'll have to research a bit to see how to copy just specific words instead of entire paragraphs.
    I was trying to copy an image. Text copies, but my highlight is destroyed on both phones. Photo copy and paste I thought we got in 1.2.1, maybe I am wrong about that. Or maybe it was the way I upgraded both. EPR, left all services like Luna, Flashlight, Terminal, etc. Maybe I will Dr and see if it helps. As long as it is only my two phones. Thanks again.
    At least you guys can update to WebOS 1.3.1. I removed all of my patches, themes, and deleted my e-mails to free up space on /var, and the update app says that my phone is up to date. Sprint says that the Palm servers are overloaded. I would assume that the update app would just timeout then.
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast