Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    yep. in the messenger app, go to the menu and choose preferences, then under sound choose ringtone and pick the ringtone you want to play for text/IM messages.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I upgraded to 1.3.1 last night and now my touchstone charger doesn't work. When I set the phone on the charger it doesn't tell me it is charging nor does it charge. It works fine when I plug it directly to the mini usb. Any ideas? Is there a toggle to turn on somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    I upgraded to 1.3.1 last night and now my touchstone charger doesn't work. When I set the phone on the charger it doesn't tell me it is charging nor does it charge. It works fine when I plug it directly to the mini usb. Any ideas? Is there a toggle to turn on somewhere?
    have you checked the touchstone back cover on the phone to make sure it's not that issue? sometimes the contacts in the back cover doesn't touch properly and the phone doesn't charge on the touchstone. if you haven't already done so, just remove and reinstall the back cover and try again.
    HELP!

I have 1.2.1 and have been trying to check for updates all morning, keeps telling me phone is up to date. I'm a US Sprint Pre owner.

Ive seen two other folks post with similar issue so far. I've already removed all patches with emergency patch remover, I dont want to have to go install 40+ patches again and remain on 1.2.1!

What gives? As an aside, I did have the mysterious double 1.2.1 install (but only got the random 1.2.1 update once after actually doing the upgrade)

HELP!
    double post.. sry
    Dude some time back the same thing happened to me with 1.1.3. All I did was try it again and again ! Then i shutdown my phone and then started it again and then put it on touchstone, worked again !!

Sometimes PRE is like windows , something strange , not working , give it a shutdown and start and will work again (from my experience).

Please post here if it had worked !

Chander
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I plugged the mini usb back into the touchstone and set my phone on the base again and it works now. Should have tried that first.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I cannot use my wifi. It shows that I am connected but none of the programs will connect (internet, preware, app catalog, etc.). If I turn it off I can connect fine using EVDO, but would like my wifi to work.
    Before the update to 1.3.1 I removed all the patches with the EPR patch then updated. I have now lost the camera sound and ability to attach sounds per sms contact. Tried installing select alert and notification patch and when I scrolled to look for the tones per sms contact the camera sound came on. Any suggestions..... Was thinking about starting over with webos doctor but will I lose all my phone contacts? What should I do? Thanks in advance....
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whitencm View Post
    I cant log into yahoo messenger?
    Yea I cannot either, getting a error. Uh and I was beyond excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggleluv View Post
    Before the update to 1.3.1 I removed all the patches with the EPR patch then updated. I have now lost the camera sound and ability to attach sounds per sms contact. Tried installing select alert and notification patch and when I scrolled to look for the tones per sms contact the camera sound came on. Any suggestions..... Was thinking about starting over with webos doctor but will I lose all my phone contacts? What should I do? Thanks in advance....
    Did you check the patch compatability doc to see of those patches have been set to work with 1.3 yet?

As far as using the webos doctor, be sure to do a device backup before. Your phone contacts are stored either on Palm's backup or on Google contacts depending on how you set up your phone when you got it.

I imagine you are using the palm backup. Make sure you know your palm sign in and password. You can verify by going to the palm site and trying to log in
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    My OS update just happened auto over night and I never removed my patches or anything else, but I didn't have any themes. It seems like everything is fine and all of my patches were removed some how. Am I going to see probs down the line or could every thing really just be cool.

Also after the update I opened up preware and it listed 91 patches I can choose from. Can I just start DLing these again or do they have to be updated for 1.3.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Noticed this too, ran a PRL update after another reset and it updated back to 60657.
    I have the same issue... but I don't know how to do a prl update... will someone tell me how to do it?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Here's a legitimate bug: when you try to send a txt message and it doesn't go through, the "Message Failed to Send" notification comes up and then the message is grayed out on your list of messages with a little exclamation point next to it. It used to be that you could tap on this message and get a "Send again?" prompt, but now all you get is Forward/Copy/Delete. There was no reason to remove the Send Again function.
    I no longer have any EVDO connection. I'm stuck in 1x data. Wifi works fine. Everything else is smoother, camera is noticeably faster as is viewing pictures.
    Unlocking the phone while it is on the touchstone charger no longer keeps the screen active, it will lock anyway. This is a huge change and I hope someone can patch this, it's infuriating.
    Removed all patches & Themes upgraded the OS, now trying to reload the Cowboys Football Theme, and it is stuck between error 5 & 19 connection refused... What should I do? I do not want to brick this device...
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    so i tried to pay good attention and try to remove my tweaks prior to installing the 1.3.1 OS. I had basic tweaks set for the % indicator for battery, landscape email, and afew others.

I tried to turn them off in dev mode and some of them would uncheck, some would spit out errors. I also tried to uninstall the patch i had for the virtual keyboard, which i liked for the most part.

so i did all this, and now installed 1.3.1. now none of my tweaks work, after trying to install them again, i get some errors when i try to reinstall, saying blah blah "already installed app".

is there anythign that can be done to reset all of them, and start from square one with the customizing?

please help!
    Sorry , make that 19 & 5
    I have just updated my Pre and am trying to use the shut down/ restart buttons,
    both will not work, must take battery out to reboot. Did the same on my wifes hers works fine. Any ideas
    Thanks
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast