Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839 LastLast
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sew3663 View Post
    I may have done this wrong, but all of the "tweaks" I had (like battery life shown in top right corner" have gone away. I read that patches, etc. should be uninstalled before upgrading to the new webos, but what about the tweaks?

I upgraded OS and now when I try to undo the tweaks on the webos quick install, I get errors.

What do I do? Is there a way to wipe the pre without losing data?
    Install Preware, and then the Emergency Patch Recovery app.
    It will remove all traces of previous patches at once. Then you should
    be able to install the tweaks and patches you had before from Preware
    without issue.

ian
    Sprint Navigation now has a terrible speech impediment!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...mpediment.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    My experience with 1.3.1 has been exactly the opposite of yours.
    1.3.1 clearly changed the garbage collection a bit, and it's made
    several things a little snappier. It doesn't pause as often when
    working with a lot of memory (such as moving through photos rapidly
    in the photos app, which used to hang every couple photos in
    all previous versions). Universal search got a little better, and so forth.

ian
    I agree, emails load quicker as well, my only problem with the 1.3.1 is that it killed my yahoo messenger I had installed!! (even though it supposedly brought you yahoo messenger). I have noticed the battery drains a little quicker as well, but I still love my pre & hope they fix all of these problems soon
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Install Preware, and then the Emergency Patch Recovery app.
    It will remove all traces of previous patches at once. Then you should
    be able to install the tweaks and patches you had before from Preware
    without issue.

ian
    Thanks! I will try this.

Well, it didn't work. The EPR said Error Installing, there were no patches to delete...
    Last edited by sew3663; 12/05/2009 at 10:37 PM.
    i have a stereo headset that worked find before the update now the bluetooth signal connects and dis connects during playback on youtube. The ringtone works sometimes for the ringer. One of my alarms don't work. To make thing worst my phone signal 3g disconnects all the time. 1.3.1. sucks.
    Music player stops after 1-2 songs. Anyone having similar issues?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fivetools View Post
    Music player stops after 1-2 songs. Anyone having similar issues?

yep..its verry annoying..it does it with both music app and music player remix...it seems to do it whenever I suffle songs... And I have about 3 gigs.
    My experience with 1.3.1 has been exactly the opposite of yours.
    1.3.1 clearly changed the garbage collection a bit, and it's made
    several things a little snappier. It doesn't pause as often when
    working with a lot of memory (such as moving through photos rapidly
    in the photos app, which used to hang every couple photos in
    all previous versions). Universal search got a little better, and so forth.

ian
    im going to have to side with robo on this one.

so far on 1.3.1, i have missed THREE calls because i was doing something on the phone (reading emails, etc) and it locked up so much that i couldnt answer the phone. i cannot begin to tell you how infuriating that is...that my phone cannot receive a call.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happasaiyan View Post
    im going to have to side with robo on this one.

so far on 1.3.1, i have missed THREE calls because i was doing something on the phone (reading emails, etc) and it locked up so much that i couldnt answer the phone. i cannot begin to tell you how infuriating that is...that my phone cannot receive a call.
    I have to agree....The apps load faster. The most noticable ones for me are the photo and music apps. However, multitasking is not as good as it was before...meaning lag and crashes. My phone had never crashed and rebooted itself until 1.3.1.
  10.    #750  
    Quote Originally Posted by sew3663 View Post
    Thanks! I will try this.

Well, it didn't work. The EPR said Error Installing, there were no patches to delete...
    For anyone wanting more information on EPR, see the new Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) thread.

- Craig
  11. LWI
    Quote Originally Posted by rboyd11310 View Post
    I haven't read all the posts, but since updating to 1.3.1, I keep getting the "Too Many Cards Open..." error, even though I may have only 2 or 3 cards open. And we're not talking heavy apps, either: QuickContacts, Bweather, Messenging, maybe email? Seems to be more prevalent when I have Preware or Filecoaster open and try to launch an app I've just installed, but it happens other times, too.

Anyone else seen this? It used to happen in the early days of WebOS, but subsequent releases and updates seem to have fixed this. Now it's back. Bummer.
    -----------------
    I have this behaviour on my PRE as well..... but only from time to time.... I think you made the point ... filecoaster open... is it taking up too much memory allocation ?

LWI
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Yes, FileCoaster and Preware are both memory pigs and should
    not be left open.

The Web app is or is not depending on what web sites you're on.
    There are sites where only one or two pages are enough to use
    up most of the Pre's memory.

And unfortunately because the Pre uses garbage collection sometimes
    it can take a while before used memory is released, even after you
    close the offending apps.

ian
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Im using iTunes 8.21 and webOS 1.3.1. I think 1.3.1. broke the sync, it worked fine before. Has this happened to anyone else? any way to fix it?
    I removed and reloaded the music remix and now it is not stopping after 1-2 songs. Lets see if this continues to work...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    EVERYTIME I use a music player, Pre-podder, after about 30 mins (or less), the phone shuts off, not shuts down, just shuts off. I have to take the battery out to get it started again. This has only started since the update, never had this issue before, and I've had the phone since launch date.

Add it to the list that update has screwed with my pleasure of trying to use this phone (lost contacts, can't open PDFs that come in via emails, can't connect to Corp email.....ugh)
    Had some problems at first, 'm a new pre owner and thanks to everyone in this forum been able to fix problems
    hello this may not be the correct forum for this but ii just have one question a couple of months ago there was a patch that was through the canuck software that let you use your flash from your camera as a flashlight could someoone please tell me if it is still out there ohow to get it please.
    I have an interesting problem... Obviously, 1.3.1 is out, yet the update application is saying that my phone is up to date (currently running 1.2.1). Because of this, I didn't find out about the update until recently, but can't get the update app to see it. Is there anything short of WebOS Doctor that I can do???
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by -SyN- View Post
    Ever since I updated the webos, all my apps including the ones that came with the phone, creashes and makes my pre reboot.
    Same here... It's ridiculous how often it crashes now. Prior to this update, it didn't crash all that often - now even the pin unlock screen often crashes the phone and causes a reboot.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    yep..its verry annoying..it does it with both music app and music player remix...it seems to do it whenever I suffle songs... And I have about 3 gigs.
    What I have noticed is that any file thats protected (ie itunes downloads) and the player skips it locks up. So if you have synced with iTunes and it synced those protected files remove them and give it a shot..

edit: I noticed that my device had protected .m4p files. After removing them player seems fine.
    Last edited by Traxion; 12/16/2009 at 01:11 PM.