Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839 LastLast
    Is anyone still waiting for 1.3.1? Have checked as recently today and still says phone is up to date. It does bring up updates to apps, but not for of OS.

Any suggestions appreciated.
    i have preware but cant do anything with it what do i do??? HELP
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWise23 View Post
    It may just be me, but my battery life seeems much worse after 1.31.
    My batter life on my Pre after 1.3.1 has gotten MUCH worse.
    Also, I know how to keep things turned off to preserve battery life.
    Palm, you need to get this one fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CooLOnE View Post
    Upgraded to 1.3.1 on Saturday night. Removed all patches beforehand using Web OS Quick Install. Updated, then installed all the patches that worked. Set my alarms as usual to wake me up the next day. No problem.

Last night, I set my alarms to wake me up, starting at 9:00, then 9:05, 9:10 etc. When I woke up on my own this morning, I looked at my Pre to see what time it was and it was 9:15. I looked in the alarms to find out why they hadn't gone off and found out that all of them had reset to 10:00 am and Off. This doesn't make sense since they worked the day before. I did have the "every minute" code installed and possibly the second one (I can't even remember what is was right now).

Anybody else?

Guess I'll be setting the alarm on my trusty dusty 755P tonight...
    yes. i had the "every minute" code activated, and all of my alarms (i have 10 or so of them for each of my trains going home so i dont oversleep) reset to 12pm and off. ***. what a pain.

also- wife has a bone-stock pre. the only thing i have on mine is that i have 4 launcher pages. at different times this past weekend, we both experienced the same issue. the phone was completely unresponsive. the screen would not turn on- holding down the power button did nothing. we had to remove the battery in both instances. i have never had the phone freeze up before 1.3.1.

and to reiterate what a lot of other people have stated- 1.3.1 is much slower, and battery life is much worse.

one of palms biggest pushers of the pre is losing confidence. not good, palm. not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by happasaiyan View Post
    yes. i had the "every minute" code activated, and all of my alarms (i have 10 or so of them for each of my trains going home so i dont oversleep) reset to 12pm and off. ***. what a pain.

also- wife has a bone-stock pre. the only thing i have on mine is that i have 4 launcher pages. at different times this past weekend, we both experienced the same issue. the phone was completely unresponsive. the screen would not turn on- holding down the power button did nothing. we had to remove the battery in both instances. i have never had the phone freeze up before 1.3.1.

and to reiterate what a lot of other people have stated- 1.3.1 is much slower, and battery life is much worse.

one of palms biggest pushers of the pre is losing confidence. not good, palm. not good.
    also- a friend of mine would always complain about inaccurate time on his pre. i never had an issue until 1.3.1.

now my clock is anywhere between 1-7 minutes off.
    OK, two weeks ago, I updated to 1.3.1 after doing a clean wipe in Web Doctor with no problems! Until I started getting Exchange errors, asking for my updated password, I would enter, swipe upwards, and it would sink, this is from my work email {big company}! I contacted IT, they told me they are aware and were working with Palm for a fix, apparently they were told by Palm it was due to an older version of Exchange on our servers! The other day I did this song and dance again and it hasn't been back!?! Fixed I guess? Has anyone else had this problem?
    Sorry the other issue I cannot post a link yet! I'll get there!
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper222 View Post
    Is anyone still waiting for 1.3.1? Have checked as recently today and still says phone is up to date. It does bring up updates to apps, but not for of OS.

Any suggestions appreciated.
    I would do a Web Doctor as it must think you have already installed 1.3.1?
    Anybody elese having issues with the Photo app? Ever since I installed 1.3.1 when I use the Photo App and I am quickly swiping through photos the app will just go black. I know it it the app because if I swipe up, the card is black (blank).

I have also had this app lock the phone once where I had to take out the phone's battery and another time reset the phone. I believe that I also had the Camera app open when this has happened.

The above problems only happen with the photo app running. I also have no patches installed.
  10. LWI
    Hi everyone,

I searched for the answer on this forum... could not find anything
    Any one experiencing the same problem ? It is quite well describded here:
    (please add the http it seems I'm too new)
    forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=activesync&message.id=6829&jump=true]Re: EAS Activesync Palm Pre Not Syncing Calendar Items to Outlook - ActiveSync - Palm Support Community

LWI
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    also- a friend of mine would always complain about inaccurate time on his pre. i never had an issue until 1.3.1.

Mine keeps good time, as long as there is a network connection. In airplane mode, it is wildly accurate, it can get off by literally hours, within the duration of a single flight. I don't know if this is new in 1.3.1, or I just never noticed before.
  12. LWI
    Quote Originally Posted by LWI View Post
    Hi everyone,

I searched for the answer on this forum... could not find anything
    Any one experiencing the same problem ? It is quite well describded here:
    (please add the http it seems I'm too new)
    forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=activesync&message.id=6829&jump=true]Re: EAS Activesync Palm Pre Not Syncing Calendar Items to Outlook - ActiveSync - Palm Support Community

LWI
    Someone found the workaround. Thanks to bustin.
    here's the link
    (add the http)
    forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=activesync&thread.id=6825&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

LWI
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I may have done this wrong, but all of the "tweaks" I had (like battery life shown in top right corner" have gone away. I read that patches, etc. should be uninstalled before upgrading to the new webos, but what about the tweaks?

I upgraded OS and now when I try to undo the tweaks on the webos quick install, I get errors.

What do I do? Is there a way to wipe the pre without losing data?
    Quote Originally Posted by sew3663 View Post
    I may have done this wrong, but all of the "tweaks" I had (like battery life shown in top right corner" have gone away. I read that patches, etc. should be uninstalled before upgrading to the new webos, but what about the tweaks?

I upgraded OS and now when I try to undo the tweaks on the webos quick install, I get errors.

What do I do? Is there a way to wipe the pre without losing data?
    dude i had the same problem i ended up doctoring my pre and startin over after tht i downloaded preware and most of the patches still work,..all except the more smilies patch
    hey i added a theme to my pre and removed it but some of it stayed then i added another removed it and some of it stayed now i got a mixture of like 4 themes any suggestions?
    I haven't read all the posts, but since updating to 1.3.1, I keep getting the "Too Many Cards Open..." error, even though I may have only 2 or 3 cards open. And we're not talking heavy apps, either: QuickContacts, Bweather, Messenging, maybe email? Seems to be more prevalent when I have Preware or Filecoaster open and try to launch an app I've just installed, but it happens other times, too.

Anyone else seen this? It used to happen in the early days of WebOS, but subsequent releases and updates seem to have fixed this. Now it's back. Bummer.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Just in case Palm is reading this forum, I'll echo what various others have seen: 1.2.1 seemed to make the Pre a bit snappier than before. 1.3.1 does just the opposite. IMO, it's probably the worst release of webOS since the Pre was introduced in July (I jumped on board right away).

Simple things like swiping pages or scrolling a page in the Launcher a sluggish and jerky. Sprint Navigation speech is choppy and drops out. After the phone is running awhile, you have to do a full reboot because you start getting "too many cards open" when you only have one or two cards open.

I just hope that 1.3.1 was pushed out "PREmaturely" in order to support the Pixi, and that 1.3.5 will come out ASAP to fix the horrible performance problems.

At this point I can't hand my phone over to someone to use; it's too embarrassing. Plus, they're not sure if they're even using the phone right when they touch the screen and things don't happen. "How do you use this thing?"
  18.    #738  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianny View Post
    ...I am currently running Preware, Luna Manager and Mytether and the forwarding of Preware is gone....
    For those not sure how to do a quick Luna Restart or what Luna Manger is, there is now an official Luna Manager Thread.

Thanks, Oil!

- Craig

ALSO- when in the clock program setting up a new alarm, sometimes I cannot go back. Swiping back just goes to card view. I have to close the program and reopen it. Not like my alarms matter too much since they go off at the wrong time! Very bad for a train alarm!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robo45h View Post
    Just in case Palm is reading this forum, I'll echo what various others have seen: 1.2.1 seemed to make the Pre a bit snappier than before. 1.3.1 does just the opposite. IMO, it's probably the worst release of webOS since the Pre was introduced in July (I jumped on board right away).
    My experience with 1.3.1 has been exactly the opposite of yours.
    1.3.1 clearly changed the garbage collection a bit, and it's made
    several things a little snappier. It doesn't pause as often when
    working with a lot of memory (such as moving through photos rapidly
    in the photos app, which used to hang every couple photos in
    all previous versions). Universal search got a little better, and so forth.

ian