Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839 LastLast

After installing the new update, I no longer receive incoming e-mails to my Pre from my Yahoo e-mail account. 4 days and MANY hours later, the problem has not only NOT been identified, but not fixed. Seems like no one knows what to do. Anyone else have this issue?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am having a similar issue with hotmail.
    I am glad to see your post. I no longer receive my Yahoo e-mails, either. Many days and hours later on the phone with Sprint and Palm support, no resolution. Does your e-mail seem to be in a continuous refresh mode, where the two dots in the upper right corner keep rotating?
    after updating my pre to 1.3.1 on sprint without the removal of patches, Lost about all my apps and cant get webos quickinstall v2.9 back to reinstall preware? after a hard reset phone still acting up.can I got back to v1.2.1?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atandjz View Post
    after updating my pre to 1.3.1 on sprint without the removal of patches, Lost about all my apps and cant get webos quickinstall v2.9 back to reinstall preware? after a hard reset phone still acting up.can I got back to v1.2.1?
    web doctor it and it'll bring you back to 1.2
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Assuming you are using doctor ver 1.2.1.. not even sure that works.. if you are using the current version it will only reinstall 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Niecie P View Post

After installing the new update, I no longer receive incoming e-mails to my Pre from my Yahoo e-mail account. 4 days and MANY hours later, the problem has not only NOT been identified, but not fixed. Seems like no one knows what to do. Anyone else have this issue?
    I had a similar problem with Google gmail sync right after the 1.3.1 update on my wife's Pre. I followed the advice of user anthillmob and just deleted the very last email received from both my wife's Google account and the Pre. Instantly it started syncing. Not sure if this same trick would work for Yahoo users. Give it a shot. Incidentally, gmail is using IMAP, not POP3. Don't know if IMAP is available for Yahoo too.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    double you tee F! this is the 3rd time I have typed this and the last 2 times I got a error about an expired token - double you tee F (I cant type W-T-F stupid I get ***) get the forums working correctly

how do I stop the auto update when it is pluged in
    Sorry if this has been previously noted.

Since 1.3.1 (I think) the Pre is making links out of random numbers and even dates with slashes. Type "11/27/09 6:00pm" in the memo pad. It creates a link for "11/27/09 6". It recognizes them as phone numbers, don't ask me why.

I just got a notification email from a subscribed thread here, and the poster was "s1374537". My Pre made a link out of 1374537. This makes a little more sense but how about requiring spaces before and after the number before a link is created?

This could be improved upon.
    Last edited by galavanter; 11/26/2009 at 11:37 PM.
    I'm encountering a minor issue with photos in the photo viewer app and wanted to see if anyone knew of a way to correct the behavior or if it's working as intended. This behavior was not happening prior to 1.3.1.

(All pics have been taken from the Pre)

The behavior issue:

Go to the first photo taken, zoom in, zoom out fully, and the image is no longer in the default full screen mode.(The image is smaller and can see blank space at the top, bottom, left, and right of the image) Then, go to the next image and go back to the first image and the image is now in full screen mode.

What do you think?
    MY CAMERA DONT WORK!!!!!!! oh and i cant download anymore apps through the app catalog or even FileCoaster but i can through preware...it says not enough memory BS...HELP MEEE
    happy thanksgiving
    is there a list of patches that work for 1.3.1 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dawinkle101 View Post
    is there a list of patches that work for 1.3.1 ?
    http://install.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    OK...had a lot of issues after the new update, and I've think I've got most of them fixed. (forgot to get rid of patches...what a headache). Anyway, now my main issue is that I have no sound on my Pre. I tried to use the buttons on the side of the phone and a bell with a bar through it pops up. I have no idea why or what's going on. I do have sound with my music but not for incoming call or system notifications. Everything is turned on in the sounds and ringtones. Please help! I hope it's something really complicated and not easy or I'll feel really stupid...so don't laugh too hard.

**************Never mind...I figured it out. And yes, I feel stupid.
    Last edited by natthecat21; 11/27/2009 at 01:04 PM.
    My issues that I have had since I updated a week ago.
    I have no "patches" running on my phone.

text, HTML, or images won't show up in an email that you are reading unless you forward or reply to the email. Then the content pops in, otherwise it remains blank.

A few contacts stopped showing their profile picture associated with facebook or linkedin.

A contact and their SMSs no longer appears in my list of SMS messages. The SMS messages come in and can be accessed if you click on the notification, but if you are back into the SMS home from another contacts SMS the new SMS from this certain contact is not listed and can't be read even though a new SMS is waiting to be read. This is a serious bug.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with some contacts texts cannot be seen. They either have to be accessed through the notifications, or, once in text app, search the user, then I can find it. this is REALLLY starting to get annoying.

also, not sure if its a "feature" of 1.3.1 but when I have my text open, and that person texts me, it does not make sound anymore. bug or feature?
    Can not sign into Facebook to post photos. Keeps saying incorrect user/pass even though I am 1000% sure the sign in info is correct. Saw a couple posts but did not see if there was a resolution to this issue. Please advise. thanks
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sloburnes View Post
    Can not sign into Facebook to post photos. Keeps saying incorrect user/pass even though I am 1000% sure the sign in info is correct. Saw a couple posts but did not see if there was a resolution to this issue. Please advise. thanks
    i had the same issue and have made a thread on this...here are the steps...

go to backup- turn it off- allow it to delete data on palm profile(make sure you have info stored elsewhere.
    full erase
    on restart, sign into palm profile.
    go to your photos
    sign into facebook acct
    sign into the rest of your acct.

if this helps, hit the thanks button
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryaggie02 View Post
    I've noticed since the update, when I plug an aux cord into my outlett for my headphones, like I've been doing for I don't know HOW long, the volume of the keypad when I dial a number, and the volume of the caller on the other end is VERY low. I used to have my volume on 15-18 on my radio and I would have to turn it down to 8-10 when I plugged in my phone because it was so loud. Now, I can have my volume in my car on 18 and can BARELY hear anything. And then no one can hear me talking anymore through my phone when I have it plugged in the auxilliary jack in the radio. I used to do this ALL the time so I could talk kinda hands free. Has anyone else had this problem?!
    YES this is a big issue for me. How could they mess this up? It was perfect before why would they change it???
    Here's a Wierd on...and God Damn Annoying!!

My touch randomly stops working..
    I could recreate easily by plugging my phone into the charger...now if the touch was working, once plugged it, it will stop working. The opposite would happen if the phone is not working, but once connected it would start again.

I really wanna know if this is a known bug or sumin, did report this to palm...don't wanna have to trade in palm for an HTC or sumin...love the palm
    Last edited by evilpinkeye; 11/30/2009 at 12:36 PM.