Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    A few new issues here that started after 1.3.1 (PRE). I didn't read the whole thread so sorry for repeats.

Phone will restart itself while using
    It has done this once or twice a day since I updated to 1.3.1. I never had this problem before. It doesn't seem to matter what apps I am using at the time.

Web browser links highlight but don't click (sometimes)
    Sometimes when you touch links in the web browser, they will highlight as if they were clicked but they will not link. You have to hit it again. This does not happen very often but it is very frustrating when it does.

Too many cards happens more often
    My usage is the same but I seem to get the "too many cards" error more often.

Not an error but an undocumented change in email:
    Using POP email used to clear/sync the new messages on your phone after they were removed from the server (or downloaded to your home computer for example). Now, the messages remain on the phone. I haven't decided if this is a good or bad change. A user option for this would be nice. I kind of liked when they cleared from the phone because I didn't have to select each one to mark it as read. Also a mark-all-read (not homebrew) button could come in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you use Preware to install all your patches, then you could have run the Emergency Patch Recovery tool immediately *after* (yes, *after*, not *before*) updating the 1.3.1 and it would have removed all your patches. Note that we still recommend people remove them before updating, but we've designed the AutoPatch technology to even work immediately after an update.

-- Rod
    Where is the Emergency Patch REcovery tool?
    I was running mytether working smooth with webos 1.2, and it sneakily updated to 1.3.1 while i was sleeping one night, and now my wifi doesn't seem to work. Can I install a new, working wifi driver with WebOS QI, or by rooting? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I terrified of bricking the thing, heh.
    I don't know what to do next. Right after I installed 1.3.1 my phone began acting crazy. First I noticed that during my ten minute drive to work the phone went from 100% to 50% battery. It was also very hot. At work I put it on the Touchstone and when I looked at it 2 hours later it was on 45%, but said that it was charging. I turned off the WiFi and all location and when I checked it about an hour later it was down to about 40%. I took it off the Touchstone and put it in my pocket while I moved around work, by lunchtime it was dead and I put in the second battery. By the end of the workday, despite the fact that it spent much of the day on the Touchstone I was on my third battery. I also noticed that the phone kept cycling in and out of phone service. It cycled from EV-five bars to "no service" to "phone offline", it also dropped a couple of calls during the day (I only make about 5-6 calls a day). I contacted Palm vs. Sprint because it seemed that it would have to be related to the OS update. After almost an hour of tech chat, and several troubleshooting steps, I was told to call the phone support to arrange for a replacement phone. After the obligatory torture of doing all of the troubleshooting things with the first level of phone tech support I with no change I was transferred to the next level and got to repeat these things for the third time. I then took the offered replacement phone deal where I got to pay $29.95 and put a $400.00 hold on my credit card in order to get a replacement phone shipped right away. Got the replacement phone, went through the grueling activation process which required me to call both Palm and Sprint twice due to problems with Sprint, finally got the phone activated, everything synced, and lo and behold the 1.3.1 update was available. Because Palm had told me that they knew of no other people having problems with 1.3.1 I figured that the problem must have been a hardware thing with my phone or a software conflict with one of the programs from the developers forum so I installed 1.3.1 on the replacement Pre...guess what, it is doing the same exact things. I have looked though the forums and have already tried one of the suggestions, I opened each app on the phone, it made no difference. Of course since the new activation i don't have any developer apps anymore, just the originals and the handful that I have purchased or downloaded from the official catalog. Also, when the phone synced with my Palm account for some reason it didn't download many of my very important phone numbers that I don't have anywhere else. I need some help, suggestions of what to do next, I have a terminally ill mother and brother and cannot be without the phone. I also need to know if there is any short of entering each of the missing contacts one at a time to get the contacts that are still in my old Pre into my new one before I ship the old one back, can Sprint copy them like they can with other phones.

Thanks very much...ARRGGGGHHHH!
    Also just noticed another weird thing...the phone is about a day behind in my mail from my work exchange server. When I attempt to update it it spins and doesn't update?! AAARRRGGGHHHHH!
    Quote Originally Posted by lomerson2 View Post
    Also just noticed another weird thing...the phone is about a day behind in my mail from my work exchange server. When I attempt to update it it spins and doesn't update?! AAARRRGGGHHHHH!
    re: contact... Check out this thread: http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/214271-palm-profile-contacts-backup-now-available-its-easy-too.html ... It will at least allow you to get a spreadsheet of your contacts before you send the only phone back. Also, as long as both the old and new phones are on 1.3.1, you can try copying the palmdatabase file from the old to new phone using Internalz or webos Quick Install to restore the contacts
  7. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Off topic comedy: What a great URL for a "mobile" page......

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    h ttp://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/214271-palm-profile-contacts-backup-now-available-its-easy-too.html ...
    Last edited by ndz; 11/20/2009 at 01:49 PM.
    When I reply on my EAS account only, I do not get a normal full page and signature:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Vandyfc/...60239873707858

HELP !!
    Hello,

I updated my phone on Wednesday and wiped my phone thereafter so that I could re-upload the patches from preware. Now, I lost all my phone contacts and pictures that were attached to certain people (but I still have all my photos). (I get the facebook faces of people when previously I had used different pictures for certain people.) I also lost all my texts and emails from hotmail, although I have gmail emails. Does "wiping" a phone cause it to do this, b/c if it does, I won't wipe my phone in the future if I don't have to.

I also can't seem to launch homebrew on my mac.

Is there a way to fix this without going to the sprint store?

thanks for anyone's help!
    Last edited by iyashi; 11/20/2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: correction
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfc View Post
    When I reply on my EAS account only, I do not get a normal full page and signature:

Picasa Web Albums - Ron & Holly - Error

HELP !!

Resolved.......Ran EPR from WOSQI........whew !! Panic !!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lomerson2 View Post
    Just an FYI: If you have Yahoo Contacts sync'd, remove them. It kills your battery life and makes your phone act really sluggish.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndz View Post
    A few new issues here that started after 1.3.1 (PRE). I didn't read the whole thread so sorry for repeats.

Phone will restart itself while using
    It has done this once or twice a day since I updated to 1.3.1. I never had this problem before. It doesn't seem to matter what apps I am using at the time.

Web browser links highlight but don't click (sometimes)
    Sometimes when you touch links in the web browser, they will highlight as if they were clicked but they will not link. You have to hit it again. This does not happen very often but it is very frustrating when it does.

Too many cards happens more often
    My usage is the same but I seem to get the "too many cards" error more often.

Not an error but an undocumented change in email:
    Using POP email used to clear/sync the new messages on your phone after they were removed from the server (or downloaded to your home computer for example). Now, the messages remain on the phone. I haven't decided if this is a good or bad change. A user option for this would be nice. I kind of liked when they cleared from the phone because I didn't have to select each one to mark it as read. Also a mark-all-read (not homebrew) button could come in handy.
    I agree with your first two points, the restarts and the browser links issue. I haven't seen the too many cards message since the update though, and don't have the POP email issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstimer View Post
    Is there a way to "un" update the phone? Filecoaster no longer works for me and I'm kinda apprehensive about using Preware ( never done). Some of the homebrew apps don't work right after update.

Web OS Doctor!!!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have discovered that the pre will no longer import vcf files, worked perfectly previously. Now, when you click on one in an email or mms - contacts opens and then nothing. So, that part has been broken by Palm as well.

(edit - vcf files)
    Last edited by notmestl; 11/20/2009 at 05:43 PM.
    Notme in STL
    Wondering if anyone is getting this error with the webos 1.3.1 My pre keep closing my apps that can run in the dashboard. I'm using brightness unlinked and Quick System Tasks. Usually they would go in the dashboard when I swipe the cards away. Quick system task have option to start off in the dashboard and when I swipe that away in the dashboard it close the whole app. Its suppose to pop up as a card. Anyone know how to fix this?
    I disabled Contacts and Calendar Syncing with Yahoo and everything seems back to normal for me. I don't use homebrew.....at least not yet.

It doesn't affect me much since I use Google calendar for all my events. Yahoo's calendar is just much too sub-par in my opinion at this point.

I can actually feel the speed upgrades in 1.3.1.

Very nice. Can be felt when in the Camera and Photo apps, as well as when dragging an event around in Calendar. Less lag!!!!! Yesssss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykef View Post
    I agree with your first two points, the restarts and the browser links issue. I haven't seen the too many cards message since the update though, and don't have the POP email issue.
    Curious. Are you SURE you don't have the POP3 issue??

• Send yourself an eMail.
    • Sync the phone so the eMail shows up.
    • Log into your computer or use a web-based eMail client to delete the eMail.
    • Sync the phone again.

Does the eMail disappear? If it does, what is your POP3 server (domain)? Mine will not delete, and I'm not alone there.
    i updated my pre to 1.3.1 then was having trouble with a few things so i decided to webos doctor and get a fresh start. It went well didnt lose contacts or anything but now i can not get the instant messaging accounts to work i cannot log in to aim or yahoo after numerous restarts and attempts...anyone else having this problem?
    this is ****... My phone is restarting, previous video files that would play don't now, wi fi is horrendously unable to connect and hold the connection, clinking links sometimes does nothing, x.facebook bookmark isn't there when I launch the web browser. There is still no video and no virtual keyboard. The novelty and awesomeness of the pre has long since worn off. Especially since I'm working with my 3rd due to hardwear issues early on. Google phone here I come, or even an iphone. Lack of spell checks makes this no business phone like blackberries and lack of video and quality apps makes this no iphone. Palm has no place in the market except on sprint which lacks quality phones.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrash View Post
    I have a recurring appointment for 11:30AM everyday synced from outlook.

It has a reminder for 15 minutes early. Before the latest update, the reminder would go off when it should at 11:15AM. As of now, it is going off at 10:15AM.

So, my reminders are possibly looking at daylight savings time incorrectly or something, I don't know.
    After my update to 1.3.1 my phone reset to the caymen islands time zone instead of NY..
    I caught it before any events went off so I'm not sure if that could be whats causing your hour difference or not. Check yours and see if it changed.