Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Follow the instructions here: WebOS Internals webOS Doctor How-To

The part you're specifically looking for:
    Thank you so much Nacho, after multiple attempts at using webOS, as soon as I got your answer, the dang thing worked without it!!! but thanks so much, I hope i get yahoo messenger working (i use it more than the others)
    Quote Originally Posted by redheads55 View Post
    I am having the same issue... it certainly seems broken. :-(

I get the spinning wheel with the homebrew list method, and on the url method I get all of the way to a complete download and then I get an install error.

I *just* uninstalled my other method to see about saving some space (I was really only using filecoaster)... back to it now, I suppose.
    fileCoaster 1.1.5 works with webOS 1.3.1

You can install the new version using Preware: http://install.preware.org ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/19/2009 at 07:43 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwackerfuss View Post
    I need some step by step assistance. I listened to a friend of mine who also has the Pre and installed the new 1.3.1 without first removing all of the patches I installed with Preware... now you know what happened... none of the patched work and I am unable to remove them .. I get an error message .... "Error Removing: See IPKG Log" ...

What exactly do I need to do now...

How can I make the patches work? ...

If I can't make them work, How do I uninstall everything and go back to original way it was?...
    Use the Emergency Patch Recovery tool, then reboot, then manually Update Feeds in Preware, then reinstall the patches.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    So I just used the WebDoctor 1.3.1 for my phone because it wasn't acting right. Well, I turned it on & activated it everything. The battery is completely full and my phone isn't connecting to my computer. Did I do something wrong? Should I restart my computer? Hmm... I'm not sure.
    i was having the same problem, NachoB hit me off with the answer a few messages back, just in case you missed it

The part you're specifically looking for:
    Quote:
    If your PC does not recognize your Pre and you cannot go past step 3 above, try the following steps:
    With the USB cable connected, power off the Pre
    Hold down the Up button on the volume rocker
    While holding the Up button, power on the Pre
    "Next" should now be enabled - proceed with the recovery

The above steps will put the Pre into bootloader recovery mode and should allow the PC to recognize your device and proceed with the restore. In this mode the screen will display a giant USB logo instead of the usual Palm startup logo.
    i didnt remove anything becasue it updated before i could remove any of the patches because it said that once it charged it would update.. but i couldnt use my phone becasue it was dead.. so once it charged it updated.. i was stuck in a catch 22 ... what do i do?!
    Own:

Palm Pre
    Xbox 360
    Xbox
    PS1
    Dreamcast
    Nintendo DSi
    Nintendo DS
    Gameboy SP
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonn95 View Post
    i didnt remove anything becasue it updated before i could remove any of the patches because it said that once it charged it would update.. but i couldnt use my phone becasue it was dead.. so once it charged it updated.. i was stuck in a catch 22 ... what do i do?!
    read two posts before yours and use the EPR tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    There are literally hundreds of posts about the app size limitation issue. It has to do with partitioning. You can start by looking at this app, which allows you to move your apps:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...nk-method.html

This may also help:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...tallation.html

There is a lot of information on this site. Searching is one way to educate yourself and possibly decrease the number of redundant posts. Thanks.
    I appreciate your help, but I think you don't really understand the issue. I already described it in detail much earlier in this thread and I'm very, very aware of the partition issue. I've been aware of it long before 1.3.1. What me and others are complaining about is, ever since 1.3.1 updated our phones, we cannot install anything from the App store regardless of how many apps we delete from the phone or how much space is actually left on the partition.

I haven't attempted to apply the partition hack yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked as a work-around for the issue I'm having. However, there is a greater underlying problem here: The Palm-provided update caused my phone to permanently think that it's out of App space. If I have to apply a hack just to fix a Palm-induced problem that I never had before this update, well that's an issue with Palm's update. And since this is the thread for talking about our issues with 1.3.1, I thought it would be ok to post mine here without being patronized or having my intelligence insulted.

So, I guess the question is which solution should I try? There seem to only be two and they're not my favorite: Either I run WebOSDoctor with the 1.3.1 ROM or I hack the partition like Davidra suggested.

What do you all think I should try first?
    Last edited by orangeneptune; 11/19/2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeneptune View Post
    I appreciate your help, but I think you don't really understand the issue. I already described it in detail much earlier in this threat and I'm very, very aware of the partition issue. I've been aware of it long before 1.3.1. What me and others are complaining about is, ever since 1.3.1 updated our phones, we cannot install anything from the App store regardless of how many apps we delete from the phone or how much space is actually left on the partition.

I haven't attempted to apply the partition hack yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked as a work-around for the issue I'm having. However, there is a greater underlying problem here: The Palm-provided update caused my phone to permanently think that it's out of App space. If I have to apply a hack just to fix a Palm-induced problem that I never had before this update, well that's an issue with Palm's update. And since this is the thread for talking about our issues with 1.3.1, I thought it would be ok to post mine here without being patronized or having my intelligence insulted.

So, I guess the question is which solution should I try? There seem to only be two and they're not my favorite: Either I run WebOSDoctor with the 1.3.1 ROM or I hack the partition like Davidra suggested.

What do you all think I should try first?
    What's the output of these two command?

du -s /var/usr/palm/applications

df /var

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

df /var

-- Rod
    Get right back to you on that. I'll plug up and find out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeneptune View Post
    Get right back to you on that. I'll plug up and find out now.
    If you want to debug in real-time:

freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

df /var

-- Rod
    Ok, lame me. I don't have my USB cable on me. I'll get back to you in an hour when I get back home.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    does anyone know why I no longer get notifications poping up when the screen is locked? I still get the noise but no message above the lock icon. It also no longer displays the Pandora station and song when the screen is locked. Is this something that got turned off with the update, and if so how do I turn it back on? I noticed it turned off the swipe to change between applications
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    anyone else having a problem after going to 1.3.1 where the send button in the email app won't respond (not always, is random). Only workaround I have found is to exit out of that email which prompts to save as a draft, after which i go back into the draft and i can hit send.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by port67 View Post
    does anyone know why I no longer get notifications poping up when the screen is locked? I still get the noise but no message above the lock icon. It also no longer displays the Pandora station and song when the screen is locked. Is this something that got turned off with the update, and if so how do I turn it back on? I noticed it turned off the swipe to change between applications
    Thanks
    Never mind sorry I posted I was able to find the answer elsewhere on this forum. The update added the ability to turn off and on the show notifications in the screen & lock. The updated defaulted to off.
  15. qqq
    This is sort of a weird one. Wifi doesn't work right under 1.3.1 with my Netgear AP. It sees networks, and I can try to connect, and sometimes it will connect, other times it will switch back and forth between "connecting" and "connection failed" rapidly until I stop it. Even when it does connect, it doesn't work right -- sometimes it doesn't get any data across at all, other times it seems to work fine for a few seconds and then nothing. This seems to be new with 1.3.1. Also, it works completely fine with an Apple Airport at work. Several laptops and other wifi-equipped devices work perfectly with the same Netgear the Pre is now failing with. Weird.
    I have been having a problem with the volume level of both incoming calls and text message notifications.

My ringtone and text notification goes off at the LOUDEST level even when I have the volume down to 1-2 bars.

Anybody know how to fix this?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwackerfuss View Post
    I need some step by step assistance. I listened to a friend of mine who also has the Pre and installed the new 1.3.1 without first removing all of the patches I installed with Preware... now you know what happened... none of the patched work and I am unable to remove them .. I get an error message .... "Error Removing: See IPKG Log" ...

What exactly do I need to do now...

How can I make the patches work? ...

If I can't make them work, How do I uninstall everything and go back to original way it was?...

Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by J1000 View Post
    Im having the same issue on both my pre's with texted videos. new videos play fine, but we had a couple old ones that get the error when trying to play them. cant forward the videos neither. I thought you could forward videos now?
    I'm now unable to play .mov files straight from one of my favorite websites but the mp4 format still plays. No tweaks or patches here.Very strange. Also a lot of the same issues with unintended link clicking while pinching, but yet difficulty with intentional clicks. I was very satisfied until this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykef View Post
    I did the same thing. As soon as I removed my Yahoo contacts, the phone became stable and battery life is back to normal, or maybe even BETTER than before 1.3.1. I hope they fix this bug soon.
    Thanks for the info.

Stepping on to the soapbox...

As Sprint/Palm customers, we shouldn't have to omit a contact list because it drains our battery faster. They need to come up with a fix for the issue so that we may get the most out of our devices.

...and I'm off the soapbox.
    So, after the update, my Pre literally sucks the battery dead. It was using battery faster than it could charge and I was only using the phone! Sees the screen randomly turns on now when just sitting on the desk also. Anyone else with this issue?