Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeneptune View Post
    Yes, I'm having the same issue. I can't find any solution. Sorry.

I've seen several people complain about this in this thread, myself included. So far nobody's offered a solution.
    the only way to solve this issue is by deleting contact & putting them back in or hard reset
    Is there anyway to force my Pre to download the new OS? I use an AirRave at home (I live in the boonies) and the Pre does not think I am on a high enough speed network. I am currently running 1.2
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeneptune View Post
    Yes, I'm having the same issue. I can't find any solution. Sorry.

I've seen several people complain about this in this thread, myself included. So far nobody's offered a solution.
    There are literally hundreds of posts about the app size limitation issue. It has to do with partitioning. You can start by looking at this app, which allows you to move your apps:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...nk-method.html

This may also help:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...tallation.html

There is a lot of information on this site. Searching is one way to educate yourself and possibly decrease the number of redundant posts. Thanks.
    Earlier I put the ipk for yahoo messenger on my phone & yahoo messenger worked fine until the 1.3.1. update. I haven't been able to get it to work since. I did a reset on the phone, which really did nothing but erase my music & pictures, I've tried WebOS doc, but it when it asks me to attach the phone, it never recognizes it. Any help or advice would be much appreciated
    When will there be a version for WebOS 1.3.1 ?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have a recurring appointment for 11:30AM everyday synced from outlook.

It has a reminder for 15 minutes early. Before the latest update, the reminder would go off when it should at 11:15AM. As of now, it is going off at 10:15AM.

So, my reminders are possibly looking at daylight savings time incorrectly or something, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ungenius View Post
    On Bell can't add YIM (its actually not listed in the bell patch notes even weirdly enough...) but not only that when I go to add an account in my messaging util it is blank (no option to add aim, yahoo, google talk, anything)
    Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I upgraded to 1.3.1 yesterday and have not been able to add a messaging account of any kind since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maren View Post
    Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I upgraded to 1.3.1 yesterday and have not been able to add a messaging account of any kind since.
    That's strange. I'm on Bell as well with 1.3.1. I don't have the option for YIM, but I do still have gtalk/aim listed.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    re: gray bar in text messages. I have this problem, too. has there been any postings on how to fix this or what the issue is? it's a minor issue, but makes me crazy when I look at my texts
    Last edited by Erckul; 11/19/2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: additional information
    Quote Originally Posted by Geministyle View Post
    Earlier I put the ipk for yahoo messenger on my phone & yahoo messenger worked fine until the 1.3.1. update. I haven't been able to get it to work since. I did a reset on the phone, which really did nothing but erase my music & pictures, I've tried WebOS doc, but it when it asks me to attach the phone, it never recognizes it. Any help or advice would be much appreciated
    Follow the instructions here: WebOS Internals webOS Doctor How-To

The part you're specifically looking for:
    If your PC does not recognize your Pre and you cannot go past step 3 above, try the following steps:
    With the USB cable connected, power off the Pre
    Hold down the Up button on the volume rocker
    While holding the Up button, power on the Pre
    "Next" should now be enabled - proceed with the recovery

The above steps will put the Pre into bootloader recovery mode and should allow the PC to recognize your device and proceed with the restore. In this mode the screen will display a giant USB logo instead of the usual Palm startup logo.
    Last edited by NachoB; 11/19/2009 at 01:01 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I can screenshot since the last update 1.3.1!!!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I can screenshot since the last update 1.3.1!!!
    Sure you can. You're just using the wrong keys.
    The official keys have always been Orange - Sym - P and that works now as always.
    But prior to 1.3.1 you could also use Orange - Shift - P as well.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 11/19/2009 at 04:00 PM.
    now work with the sym key I was trying with shift as bfore... You save my day tthank you so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Sure you can. You're just using the wrong keys.
    The official keys have always been Orange - Sym - P and that works now.
    But prior to 1.3.1 you could also use Orange - Shift - P as well.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_nc View Post
    Meeting reminders are triggering an hour earlier than the meeting shows in the calendar. In the reminder, it lists the meeting time as an hour earlier than the meeting shows in the Calendar itself.

The Calendar is a sync off the Google Calendar.
    The meeting reminders 1 hour early drove me crazy. I depend on this thing. Anyway, talked to Palm Support twice, they kept having me mess with the Network Time Zone setting. This did not fix it. So, I did the following troubleshooting.

- Removed all reminders in Outlook and resynced the Pre
    - Opened some items on the Pre, and the new reminder settings did not all sync.
    - So, I removed the Exchange account from the Pre, and then added it again. Appeared to sync correctly, no items had reminders
    - So, now I added the reminders back in Outlook, and synced again, but a lot of the reminder settings did not make it to the Pre. I do believe the ones that did, worked correctly
    - So, I reset the reminders using the Pre, and those settings propagated back to Exchange. I think everything is working now.
    - All of the previous items existed before the 1.3.1 update, so I created a new item in outlook called "test" and set the reminder. This synced fine and the reminder worked correctly
    - I also created a new item on the Pre called "Test2". This also synced fine and the reminders worked
    - A lot of my reminders are "At Start Time", so I'm not sure if this also plays a factor
    - Most of my calendar items were created before the Daylight Saving Time switch - probably also a contributor to the problem

My recommendation is that for items already on your calendar, you reset the reminders from the Pre, not from Outlook,Google, etc. For new items, you can create them either place and they should work.

Unfortunately, this is a work around that requires some of your time, instead of a patch or fix from Palm. Hopefully they will have one soon.
    To clarify, I cannot connect to internet from the Pre at home, because the unit defaults to WiFi. Before the update, I was able to connect using Wifi or EVDO. Does this make sense or does anyone have information on a fix?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Since I upgraded to 1.3.1, I can no longer play 3gp videos attached to emails.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarnes2270 View Post
    To clarify, I cannot connect to internet from the Pre at home, because the unit defaults to WiFi. Before the update, I was able to connect using Wifi or EVDO. Does this make sense or does anyone have information on a fix?
    So bring up the Wifi settings and tell it to forget whatever network it
    thinks it sees at home. The Pre will always prefer Wifi over EVDO
    if you've connected to any Wifi network in a given location.
    Nothing has changed with regard to that behavior in 1.3.1.
    Can also just turn off Wifi directly (same as before).

ian
    So I just used the WebDoctor 1.3.1 for my phone because it wasn't acting right. Well, I turned it on & activated it everything. The battery is completely full and my phone isn't connecting to my computer. Did I do something wrong? Should I restart my computer? Hmm... I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    According to reports I saw in #webos-internals (so take this as hearsay, and ask the author for confirmation), fileCoaster is broken for 1.3.1
    I am having the same issue... it certainly seems broken. :-(

I get the spinning wheel with the homebrew list method, and on the url method I get all of the way to a complete download and then I get an install error.

I *just* uninstalled my other method to see about saving some space (I was really only using filecoaster)... back to it now, I suppose.
    I need some step by step assistance. I listened to a friend of mine who also has the Pre and installed the new 1.3.1 without first removing all of the patches I installed with Preware... now you know what happened... none of the patched work and I am unable to remove them .. I get an error message .... "Error Removing: See IPKG Log" ...

What exactly do I need to do now...

How can I make the patches work? ...

If I can't make them work, How do I uninstall everything and go back to original way it was?...