Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Not sure if thsi is the right forum for this, but since I had this problem after upgrading, I figure I'll put it here:

After messing up the upgrade, I ran WebOS Doctor. The problem now is that I can't get the computer to properly recognize the Pre as a storage device. It recognizes there's a USB storage device there, but it says there's a problem with it...
    anyone having issues with messenger? aside from the yahoo IM issue, it looks like even trying to remove an account isn't working. at first i thought it was just an issue with removing a Yahoo account, but right now i'm having issues even removing the AIM account.

i see that it's doing something, but it's been 5+ minutes and it's still saying that it's removing account. i don't have that many contacts on this AIM account either... maybe 40 or 50 max.
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this potential problem: Filecoaster does not load fully for me in WebOS 1.3.1. I have Filecoaster v1.1.4.

First, it seems to load normally:
    Loading application list...
    263 applications found...
    Loading apps...

...and this is the point where I see the spinnng wheel, and that just seems to go on indefinitely. I can see the apps below it (grayed out), but it does not seem to complete.

As the author of the app suggested, I have tried to soft reset the phone, but to no avail. If any one else sees this, I would appreciate if you could share your experience. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    anyone having issues with messenger? aside from the yahoo IM issue, it looks like even trying to remove an account isn't working. at first i thought it was just an issue with removing a Yahoo account, but right now i'm having issues even removing the AIM account.

i see that it's doing something, but it's been 5+ minutes and it's still saying that it's removing account. i don't have that many contacts on this AIM account either... maybe 40 or 50 max.
    yeah, initially had the removing problem with my brother's pre (removing an AIM account)...

Eventually we got it...but it took >20 minutes

My suggestion to you is to hang tight, and let it run.. and if that doesnt work, reboot the pre.

We did a combination of rebooting/waiting/rebooting/waiting like 4 times, until it eventually removed the AIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by saketh321 View Post
    After updating to 1.3.1 on my bell pre, i still dont see the yahoo messenger app. It still shows me only the gtalk and aim when i go into messaging and try to add a new IM account. Anyone else on the bell pre have this problem?
    same here.. *** Bell! I wanted to use WLM through Yahoo IM. oh well... I guess we'll have to wait for a patch from the homebrew guys.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Ok so here's a wierd one.. I did my phone and my wife's - reapplied patches after update (nothing out of the ordinary) - no probelms at all.

However, MY phone when going into the Photos app shows zilch in there. My wife's is fine.. Thought maybe some strange deletion thing went on (did a nice big backup before updating). However, when I went to plug my Pre in - low and behold everything is still there.. It's as if the Photos app isn't indexing anything on my phone.

Anyone else have this problem or have any idea how to fix? I could certainly DR., but I'd prefer not to have to - and frankly I don't know why it's doing what it's doing - it just odd.... Haven't tried EPR yet to see if maybe a patch is causing it, but that's probably my next step.. Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuhay View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this potential problem: Filecoaster does not load fully for me in WebOS 1.3.1. I have Filecoaster v1.1.4.
    According to reports I saw in #webos-internals (so take this as hearsay, and ask the author for confirmation), fileCoaster is broken for 1.3.1

Note that Preware is working fine in 1.3.1 on the Pre and the Pixi for installing applications and patches, and is working fine with a small work-around (use the List of Everything to access the theme you want) for installing themes.

I'm not suggesting you move from fileCoaster if you prefer it - that's your personal choice. I'm just giving you an option to tide you over if you need to install applications, services, plugins, patches and themes OTA right now ...

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Follow @webosinternals on twitter for other 1.3.1 news.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Can't find the new FB app in the catalog? Is it in there yet?
    I'm unable to get the "Add Roam Control to Prefs" patch working after updating to 1.3.1. Anyone else?
    Just a reminder....for those that have their phone network settings set to "Sprint Only" - it gets reset to the default "Automatic" after a WebOS update. You'll need to open the phone dialer, select the drop down menu, and make the change under "Network."
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Where is the facebook application in the app catalog because I can't find it
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have been hanging at "Checking for updates..." for about 20 minutes now. I have rebooted twice, tried EVDO and WiFi. Anyone else having this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmikemn View Post
    I have been hanging at "Checking for updates..." for about 20 minutes now. I have rebooted twice, tried EVDO and WiFi. Anyone else having this issue?
    I'm sure the servers are getting pounded now. You should have gotten up in the middle of the night to get a drink like I did, and discovered the update was available. So much quicker than trying after everyone else wakes up.
  14. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinola View Post
    Where is the facebook application in the app catalog because I can't find it
    Because there is no facebook app!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    So just an update to my photos issue - I deleted the info on the Pre in the DCIM folder, disconnected, then reconected and recopied all the data over and it found everything. Not quite sure what happened or why, but I'll do that for the rest of my folders and update again here..

Very very odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I'm sure the servers are getting pounded now. You should have gotten up in the middle of the night to get a drink like I did, and discovered the update was available. So much quicker than trying after everyone else wakes up.
    Based on preware.org stats, we're at the peak right now ...

http://twitpic.com/phkfb

We added an extra 4GB of RAM to preware.org to tide us over.

Follow @webosinternals on twitter for more 1.3.1 news.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaguy75 View Post
    I'm unable to get the "Add Roam Control to Prefs" patch working after updating to 1.3.1. Anyone else?
    If it's not in the 1.3.1 Preware feeds, then nobody has ported it yet.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nailedtonothing View Post
    themes won't load up in preware, also no sms tone per contact patch anymore.
    i think that is one of the updates they did on 1.3.1, is the different rings/notifications for contacts...
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Quote Originally Posted by nailedtonothing View Post
    themes won't load up in preware, also no sms tone per contact patch anymore.
    Use the List of Everything to get to themes. The patch hasn't been ported to 1.3.1 yet.

Follow @webosinternals on twitter for more 1.3.1 news.

-- Rod
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast