Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    ok this is wierd.. i keep wifi on all the time and before 1.3.1 it would go into sleep mode and wifi would turn off. now after 1.3.1 it stays on all the time and its eating my battery alive i have tried resets but not partial erase. i really dont wann do that as some of the stuff i have is older homebrew which would be erased. and also sometimes it turns off wifi when in sleep mode and it doesnt trun back on, is any one having this issue as well and if so can you please help me thanks
    Since the update, the messaging app isn't saving my conversations. I'll text someone, they'll reply, and whenever I pull up their name the entire conversation is there, but it doesn't appear in the "conversations" page, even though I haven't deleted it.
    Last edited by tennenho; 11/18/2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: spell error
    I have not had that problem but have you noticed a gray button/bar in your conversations?
    Quote Originally Posted by tsfog View Post
    I have not had that problem but have you noticed a gray button/bar in your conversations?
    Nope.
    Today I listening to my music (remix app) through my bluetooth headset and I got a text message. My phone rebooted and all my music, pictures and ringtones were lost. Even my pictures in my text messages and my screen saver of my theme. I did need to update the music app remix but would that cause me to lose everything? At first I liked the 1.3 OS but now I'm not so sure.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    k
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I noticed the first day after I updated that I could only open some pdf email attachments,then today I could not open any of them. I have talked to palm, and sent the pdf's to them, and they had the same problem opening them on their pre. Has anyone run into this issue. I didn't have problems opening on the 1.2 update that was on my phone before.
    After the update version, I cant download anything from app catalog becasue it says not enough memory, but I have like 4.1 MB left. not sure whats going on. please advise
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    After the update, I can't update any of my homebrew apps because filecoaster won't load up. Help!
    hey guys . so i accidentaly installed 1.3 with out removing my patches .. none of the patches i had on work now nore can i remove them . i tired webos doctor and i cant even load it from preware it just gives me an IPK error .. and ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Since the update, the messaging app isn't saving my conversations. I'll text someone, they'll reply, and whenever I pull up their name the entire conversation is there, but it doesn't appear in the "conversations" page, even though I haven't deleted it.
    Yes, I'm having the same issue. I can't find any solution. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by drjoe55 View Post
    After the update version, I cant download anything from app catalog becasue it says not enough memory, but I have like 4.1 MB left. not sure whats going on. please advise
    I've seen several people complain about this in this thread, myself included. So far nobody's offered a solution.
    When I updated to 1.3 I did not remove the patches from preware, but I did uninstalled the theme I had before I updated.

So When I updated I noticed that when I went into Preware it was kind of lagging and also all the previous patches that I had needed to be updated, also I had to update Preware itself (which I didnt have a problem with that as far as I can tell). Most of the patches that I have require that I remove the patch then reinstall. When I went to uninstall the patches I got an error message stating: Failed: Error Generic Method Exception: Failure during pre-remove script execution. Also Preware always freezes when I go into themes. So what should I do.

Also, since I am kind of new to my pre I was wondering if I need to have my phone on in developer mode when I install patches, apps from preware or filecoaster, etc. I always turn on developer mode when I install these things and then turn it off after. Just wondering if I need to do all that.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    Well I have different set of problems after updating to 1.3.1

My pre keeps shuting down, not restarting, shutting down, sometimes after I hang up a call, or if I'm closing the phone, and it's getting annoying....sems like everytime a new update comes out it's just another way to screw up your phone instead of improving it, I don't get it...to be quite honest I haven't noticed any improvement on my phone with any of the updates compared to when I 1st opened it out of the box with the old OS, I don't see the point in all these updates to either the OS or to Preware.....I'm starting to think if it aint broke dont update it.

I did run EPR and removed theme prior to updating, then ran update, then installed all my patches all over again.

Now the question is, is anyone else having their phone shutdown after installing 1.3.1?

UPDATE: Ok, so after writing this I closed my hpone again (slider) and it shutdown on me again, so I turned it back on, opened the slider and closed it, and didnt shut down, at th 3rd time I opened and closed it, it shut down again.....I'm having 2nd thoughts about Palm Pre, soon to become a Pre hater, never had a phone with so many problems...damn it, went from HTC Touch Pro (crap) to Pre crappier.

Any thoughts anyone, webosinternals guys?
    I had this EXACT same problem with my phone. It is not related to your upgrade. It is a battery issue. Go to your ocal sprint corporate store so they can repair it - takes less than an hour.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Same here....very frustrating. Especially because if I don't respond to a text right away, I have to search names to find out who texted me.
    since downloading the new 1.3.1 I cant utilize the add roam patch thru preware. please advise. I tink ts the only patch worth getting.

joe
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtalkinguy View Post
    When I plug in the usb to my computer it no longer asks to just charge, use as usb storage, or media sync. Also, while the charging icon appears, it does not actually charge. I am able to charge through the wall charger though.

Anyone else having this problem? If so, is there a solution.
    im having the same problem. at first it would recognize it and ask the question of charge storage and sync. when i hit charge it would charge the battery to 50 percent then stop charging and not continue. now i dont even get asked the question, my comp wont even recognize my pre now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    After the update, I can't update any of my homebrew apps because filecoaster won't load up. Help!
    I'm having the same problem with filecoaster not loading or showing apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhumke View Post
    I'm having the same problem with filecoaster not loading or showing apps.
    use preware (install with webOS install - or just use webOS install) filecoaster needs to be updated, it doesn't work on 1.3.1 (or so I hear). Preware works PLUS its easier to find apps, than just scrolling thru all 300 like on filecoaster
    Quote Originally Posted by thenoan View Post
    im having the same problem. at first it would recognize it and ask the question of charge storage and sync. when i hit charge it would charge the battery to 50 percent then stop charging and not continue. now i dont even get asked the question, my comp wont even recognize my pre now.
    I didn't know what was going on! My Palm Pre would only come up as a USB drive. It wouldn't sync to Itunes, (even though I have the older Itunes) & when I downloaded GoGetter for WebOS it wouldn't sync with it either, NOR could I do a webOS Doctor & WIPE it clean. Somehow I got it to sync with Itunes again! My only issue now is it won't load yahoo messenger
    Quote Originally Posted by UserXIII View Post
    Same here....very frustrating. Especially because if I don't respond to a text right away, I have to search names to find out who texted me.
    That occurs with people you text alot & when you get a long stream of text from them. The only way to fix is to do a hard reset OR to delete the contact & then re-ad them. I have to constantly delete text streams b4 they get to loan to prevent this