Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 37 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skatakia View Post
    on text messages links are not available anymore. where before someone would text a link and you could tap on it and it would take you to the website where now it asks if you want to forward, copy text or delete... (about time we can forward text messages how archaic is this that just now we have that ability but regardless)
    Now that one is really weird, but I just verified it as well.
    Links in SMS messages no longer show as links.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuhay View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this potential problem: Filecoaster does not load fully for me in WebOS 1.3.1. I have Filecoaster v1.1.4.

First, it seems to load normally:
    Loading application list...
    263 applications found...
    Loading apps...

...and this is the point where I see the spinnng wheel, and that just seems to go on indefinitely. I can see the apps below it (grayed out), but it does not seem to complete.

As the author of the app suggested, I have tried to soft reset the phone, but to no avail. If any one else sees this, I would appreciate if you could share your experience. Thanks.
    I am seeing the same thing. I have tried a soft reboot, WIFI, and EVDO with no avail. I would like a solution as well if anyone knows how to get this fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jman1 View Post
    I am seeing the same thing. I have tried a soft reboot, WIFI, and EVDO with no avail. I would like a solution as well if anyone knows how to get this fixed.
    You can use Preware to install homebrew apps, themes and patches.

http://install.preware.org

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/17/2009 at 11:41 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

ian
    Same here...
    Serious lag problems.

While using the music application and doing anything else slows down the Pre to a crawl. For example, listening to music through the player and then pulling up an email or text message or even trying to take a photo.

What's gotten worst for me is serious lag time while using the phone. Switching between dial pad and call log takes at least 20 seconds. I tap on it thinking that I didn't tap on it correctly so I tap on it again, then it switches and then switches back which is so annoying. So I'll tap on it once and wait 20 secs before tapping it again.

Fancy Time stamp tweak for text messaging messes up the formatting for text msgs. Words at the right of the window are broken up instead of moved to the next line. For example if you had the word "the" the "t" would be on one line while the "he" would be on the next. Removing the tweak resolved that issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by onekoolfella View Post
    Serious lag problems.

While using the music application and doing anything else slows down the Pre to a crawl. For example, listening to music through the player and then pulling up an email or text message or even trying to take a photo.

What's gotten worst for me is serious lag time while using the phone. Switching between dial pad and call log takes at least 20 seconds. I tap on it thinking that I didn't tap on it correctly so I tap on it again, then it switches and then switches back which is so annoying. So I'll tap on it once and wait 20 secs before tapping it again.

Fancy Time stamp tweak for text messaging messes up the formatting for text msgs. Words at the right of the window are broken up instead of moved to the next line. For example if you had the word "the" the "t" would be on one line while the "he" would be on the next. Removing the tweak resolved that issue.
    I am having the same lag issues as well. Pandora used to make the phone slower, but now it's like the phone is dying if you try to do anything else with pandora running. God forbid you load sprint nav AND pandora, then try to read a text or something. Pausing the music or pandora allows you to use the phone normally though.

The text timestamps have messed up the formatting for awhile.
    is anybody having issues with the app limit since they upgraded. I don't know if I forgot to unistall something from preware or what but I can't add anything all of the sudden due to the limit error from the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewvig View Post
    is anybody having issues with the app limit since they upgraded. I don't know if I forgot to unistall something from preware or what but I can't add anything all of the sudden due to the limit error from the app catalog.
    If you uninstall preware AND pkgmgr svc ...then get your apps....then put back Preware and PMS you should be ok. It worked for me. Makes getting apps hard but better than nothing...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewvig View Post
    Yes, this has been talked about already in this thread. Some users are having this problem, most aren't. I've been following the whole discussion and so far nobody's pinned down what might be causing this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    If you uninstall preware AND pkgmgr svc ...then get your apps....then put back Preware and PMS you should be ok. It worked for me. Makes getting apps hard but better than nothing...
    Good suggestion - didn't work for me though. I still can't install anything from the App store.
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeneptune View Post
    Good suggestion - didn't work for me though. I still can't install anything from the App store.
    Sry...gotta ask...after removing both did you reboot before trying to do the app catalog thing?
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Sry...gotta ask...after removing both did you reboot before trying to do the app catalog thing?
    Just did. Still getting the memory error when trying to install new apps (or install updates for existing apps) from the App store.
    So what happens if you forget and update to 1.3.1? I now can't get webOS quick install to work so I can get back my patches (now I miss them!). I downloaded the most recent quick install to no avail. I'm not a developer just an eager adapter...
    Is anybody else still having the problems with the battery draining twice as fast and charging taking twice as long?
    Quote Originally Posted by shieldss View Post
    Anyone having trouble playing custom ringtones (mp3 format)? They begin to play but they audio abruptly cuts off half-way through. They play fine on my computer and worked with 1.2.1. I tried deleting and replacing the files but no luck.
    There are a lot of bugs when it comes to audio. When I am on a call, my headset speaker will cut out as if the call ended but I can switch to speaker phone and everything is just fine. Some are having issues with Sprint Nav audio, others with the music player. Hopefully Palm will see that there is an issue and send out an update fairly quick (not 2 months down the road).
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    Unlocking the phone while it is on the touchstone charger no longer keeps the screen active, it will lock anyway. This is a huge change and I hope someone can patch this, it's infuriating.
    I agree, I know people didnt like the "always on night light of the pre on a touchstone charger", but I have my touchstone at work. i use mine to browser the web during down time and frankly all the time . I liked the fact that it would stay lit all the time and not lock or go dim... I did find that hitting the power button would turn the screen back on without having to unlock the phone but it still locks after 3min (the time I have set for back light to turn off). This is frustrating when trying to read a long article.

Only other problem I have is when deleting multiple messaging conversations at a time will cause thoes contacts to not show up in the conversation list any more. This is frustrating too.
    I cannot forward text messages anymore. I tested the text forwarding after the 1.3.1 update and it worked fine. Now when I tap the message the prompt to forward does not appear. I did a full erase and nothing changed.
    Last edited by Lucky33cw; 11/18/2009 at 09:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onekoolfella View Post
    Serious lag problems.

This is the most annoying problem I've found so far. It was bad before but now the phone is almost impossible for me to use. I generally use the Call Log to make outgoing calls. I tap the name once and nothing happens. I wait a full 10 seconds (yes, I actually counted) and tap the name again. About 5 seconds later the phone application pops up. Unfortunately, it has already registered two taps and 9 times out of 10 the second tap I made was in the eventual vicinity of the End Call button so after all that my call is disconnected due the the second tap hitting the End Call button.
    Between this problem and the fact that every pre-daylight savings Outlook/Gmail calendar appointment is exactly an hour early, I can't afford to use this phone for business anymore.
    I've been forced to reactivate my Treo 800w so I can make phone calls and access my calendar.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

ian
    Links in SMS are still showing up as clickable links for me.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    They've simply changed the behavior to match standard behavior of
    all other pop3 clients.
    If I have two PC based pop3 clients, and both fetch the same email,
    and then one deletes it from the pop3 server itself, the other client won't
    automatically delete it from its local store on next poll. Would actually be
    a bug if it did.
    The problem here is that folks are confusing standard
    pop3 behavior with "sync". pop3 doesn't do two way sync. It's
    a protocol for fetching emails only, not real time synchronization of all state.
    I can see how if you'd gotten used to the old behavior, you'd find
    the new behavior annoying, but the old behavior was really the
    non-standard way of doing it.

It's also possible that they made the change to fix a performance
    problem. Because of the way pop3 protocol works, the only way
    you can detect when an email has been deleted from the server is
    to fetch the full list of email headers from the server every time you
    check email and then compare your local store to the full list to
    see if anything local has been removed from the server, so you
    could then remove it locally. Problem is, some people keep zillions
    of emails on their pop3 server so fetching the whole header list
    would take a long long time, keeping the radio active, sucking down
    the battery etc. People have complained before that they have
    battery problems when they have a lot of email on the server
    and this is probably why.

With the new behavior the client can choose to only request
    new headers, which should always be a relatively small list.
    Yes you lose the ability to detect when emails have been deleted
    from the server, but it should use a lot less juice.

ian
    I absolutely challenge you to prove that the above bolded statement is a "bug". Most, if not all standard pop-mail clients have a "leave mail on server" feature that will download the new email but let another pop-3 client come in and remove them. The non-removing email clients then hit the server and see that there aren't any headers there, so they remove the email from it's local store. That's how I've operated for years (20+) with ALL my pop-3 accounts and devices, ranging from Outlook Express, Outlook, Yahoo pop-email, Palm based email clients, third party Palm email clients, and many more.

The ONLY email client that deletes from my pop-3 mailboxes is my PC at home, all others don't delete, they just get new mail. So, mail piles up until I get home at night and clear everything out of the mailboxes. I can see where Palm would make this change to improve battery life, but honestly it's a hack on their part. They're burning down the house to get rid of the mouse in this case, where other improvements in other areas would help battery life more than actually removing functionality and making their email pop-3 client non-standard.