Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    I totally screwed up. I didn't uninstall any patches or my theme.
    The theme is fine but now I can't remove any of my patches.

What do I need to do?
    Just FYI:
    The Hide SprintTV patch is not applying cleaniny on 1.3.1.
    I attempted to apply it via Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by driv3thru View Post
    I totally screwed up. I didn't uninstall any patches or my theme.
    The theme is fine but now I can't remove any of my patches.

What do I need to do?
    Install EPR through WebOS QI or Preware and use it. That's Emergency Patch Remover.
    I believe this is a bug not a change .. i hope. I took a picture. I clicked the little picture view to open the picture. I want to go back to camera so I minimize the picture - there is no camera card open - ok so I click the camera icon - and the photo enlarges - they only way to get the camera to open again is to close the photo card and click camera

so much for multi tasking!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_inc View Post
    The new update mess up my preware. I keep on getting errors. Can anyone help me, please?
    Preware 0.9.9 works fine. Did you update your feeds?

In future, you may want to actually state what errors you're getting. It's clear that Preware is working for tens of thousands of other users, so you might want to give a bit more information to help those who might spend their time helping you for free ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    I believe this is a bug not a change .. i hope. I took a picture. I clicked the little picture view to open the picture. I want to go back to camera so I minimize the picture - there is no camera card open - ok so I click the camera icon - and the photo enlarges - they only way to get the camera to open again is to close the photo card and click camera

so much for multi tasking!
    I've seen a bunch of posts in the past two days, but somewhere was a post that said if you just swipe left from the pic you will go back to the camera....
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Install EPR through WebOS QI or Preware and use it. That's Emergency Patch Remover.
    I tried installing it thorugh preware but it wouldn't let me.

What is QI?
    I also didn't uninstall any of my tweaks and such, and now my computer won't even recognize my Pre at all. Is there any way to reset the phone without losing all of my contacts and messaging? I don't mind losing the apps I've downloaded and starting over, but can't lose the contacts
    I updated to 1.3.1 and now I can't update my apps. thru the updates tab. It says app. limit full. I have used FairDunkin and now Package manager is supposed to fix it and I have the updated version. Any ideas on why app. limit is back as an issue???
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf715 View Post
    I updated to 1.3.1 and now I can't update my apps. thru the updates tab. It says app. limit full. I have used FairDunkin and now Package manager is supposed to fix it and I have the updated version. Any ideas on why app. limit is back as an issue???
    Maybe reinstall FairDunkin or package manager?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I've seen a bunch of posts in the past two days, but somewhere was a post that said if you just swipe left from the pic you will go back to the camera....
    That's correct. It's an intentional feature change.
    It used to be when you tapped on the photo icon it brought up
    the whole Photo index and you had to dig for your new photo.
    Now it just goes straight there, and you can use Back gesture to get
    back to camera.

ian
    Originally posted by qbngator:

. . .- Yahoo email password: I get a notification about 6 times per day that I need to re-enter the password. . .

I eliminated Yahoo as a contacts account or took out the contacts & stopped having my Pre sync with Yahoo contacts. I tried last night and haven't had to re-enter my Yahoo password since then.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Lost my Memos after I did the update any way I can get them back? Or does Google have a place like that were they will sync to.
    Quote Originally Posted by driv3thru View Post
    Maybe reinstall FairDunkin or package manager?
    I did try fairdunkin again & restarted and still no go. Package manager was updated today too. Still not working. Thanks for trying. Anybody else have this problem or ideas?
    upgraded to 1.3.1 while i was sleeping! did not have a chance to uninstall keyboard. the problem is the emergency patch is not listed in my preware. any ideas?

nevermind rod solved my problem!!!!
    Last edited by jrlintz; 11/18/2009 at 01:09 AM. Reason: hot rod rocks
    terrible upgrade... more downgrades than upgrades it seems like...

some issue i've noticed so far that i am having since the update on my sprint pre are:

on text messages links are not available anymore. where before someone would text a link and you could tap on it and it would take you to the website where now it asks if you want to forward, copy text or delete... (about time we can forward text messages how archaic is this that just now we have that ability but regardless)

another major issue is once i delete my emails on the server from a computer it does not get rid of my emails on the pre. they stay there for me to manually delete one by one like i really have nothing better to do than swipe across 150 junk emails every day

all in all this is a big

from a treo 650 user and on treo after treo i do not believe i will be sticking with palm on my next phone. the pre has a lot of nice features however many dissapointments from the get go.
    Odd. Try downloading on both evdo and wifi?>

Edit: also it your phone patched? If so I say Doctor it.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    every since the latest download now when I put the pre onto the touchstone it goes to the lock screen after my 3 min setting. How do I keep it to stay on? Any thoughts?
    I don't think so. I'm trying to remain patient with palm because I feel the pre has lots of potential but they need to get it right!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    another issue i have just noticed -- my pre no longer actually syncs emails at the intervals i have selected. it has consistently failed to retrieve them since the update. i will try webosdr'ing it to 1.2.1 and then updating to 1.3.1 to see if that solves the issue. i only noticed this when i stopped getting my work exchange emails before the notification on my desktop popped up.

any suggestions other than a webosdr?