Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 35 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nukular View Post
    I'm with you on this one. Its really f'ing annoying.
    Ha...Only a minor annoyance for me to find out anyone ever did have that...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    How about 3 threads, one for people who had mods and aren't having problems, another for those that had mods and are having problems and finally those that didn't have mods and having problems.
    Agreed. There's too much data here to filter through without knowing which issues stem from what type of user.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight36 View Post
    I can add some patches, and nearly all apps. But there are many like the Email Landscape patch that wont install. Also, all of a sudden I get these grey round bars in my text messages below the message.. No idea what that is.
    FWIW...landscape email fine for me
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeneptune View Post
    Oh yes. My phone's been rebooted a couple times since the update. Once because I thought a reboot might help fix some of my issues. Once more because the battery was dead by lunch and I didn't have a charger handy.
    I'd suggest logging into the command shell (with Novaterm or ssh)
    and running the unix command top.
    See what's burning all the memory and CPU.
    Normally LunaSysMgr uses about 40% of the mem, java process 14-15%
    and with 1.3.1 I see nothing using more than 1% CPU while the phone is idling.

If LunaSysMgr is burning a lot of CPU then it's something in the UI.
    If you see the java process burning a lot of CPU then it's probably a
    network problem.

In general, make sure none of your email accounts are set to
    push profile "as messages arrive", and if you set up Yahoo,
    remove em all and see if that helps.

ian
    Thanks Daemon, I'll try logging into the command shell and seeing what's going on with what's eating my CPU. The issue won't be with Yahoo; I don't have any Yahoo services running on my Pre.
    My theme is not in my preware but it is still on my phone, How do I remove it so I can install update. I can not find it anywhere and I am afraid to upgrade. Please help !
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuhay View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this potential problem: Filecoaster does not load fully for me in WebOS 1.3.1. I have Filecoaster v1.1.4.

First, it seems to load normally:
    Loading application list...
    263 applications found...
    Loading apps...

...and this is the point where I see the spinnng wheel, and that just seems to go on indefinitely. I can see the apps below it (grayed out), but it does not seem to complete.

As the author of the app suggested, I have tried to soft reset the phone, but to no avail. If any one else sees this, I would appreciate if you could share your experience. Thanks.
    I'm having the same problem.
    luckily no problems and i didnt remove the tweeks and patches before. The only problem i have encountered is that YIM gives me a sign in error, every time. I had this problem with my centro too, and sprint doesnt have an answer as to why i am having this problem again. Aim and Gtalk both login no problem. any one else have YIM sign in issues? patches installed great after 1.3 update too! (themes didnt work, but i suspected like i read above, probably not ready for the 1.3)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have found that when I am in USB mode, I do not get wireless access on my laptop. As soon as I eject the Pre from the laptop, internet connects again.
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Here's another one for you:

For POP3 eMail, deleting an eMail from the server no longer removes it from the phone.
    Yet another gripe logged for this one.

Just got off the phone with Sprint, then their transfer to Palm, then the transfer to Palm's L2 support.

According to Palm, this change was intentional and is shown as an "enhancement", as far as they're concerned. I let the Palm L2 tech know that this "enhancement" would be causing me to WebOSDoctor back to WebOS 1.2.1, so the POP3 integration works properly again. I get too many e-mails in a day, to manually clear them from the phone. If they had a "select all" capability for the e-mail list, it might be different.

BUT, having said this, in light of the user earlier in this thread who simply stated they didn't have this problem, I'll take the pre that's just finished going back to 1.2.1, do the upgrade to 1.3.1, and see if the problem recurs. If so, I'll cycle it back to 1.2.1 again and wait for wait for 1.3.2 or later....
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue View Post
    Yet another gripe logged for this one.

Just got off the phone with Sprint, then their transfer to Palm, then the transfer to Palm's L2 support.

According to Palm, this change was intentional and is shown as an "enhancement", as far as they're concerned.
    What?!? I don't think they understood your problem!! How can this be an enhancement? You can't call it syncronizing, when it doesn't syncronize! I can understand having to hit sync to send the deletes to the server, but when I hit the sync button, it should delete from my phone whatever is no longer in my Inbox!!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bridic View Post
    I have found that when I am in USB mode, I do not get wireless access on my laptop. As soon as I eject the Pre from the laptop, internet connects again.
    Pretty sure that's how it has always worked.

ian
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vabchgirls View Post
    I'm having the same problem.
    Yes FileCoaster is broken. See the FileCoaster thread. Author claims
    he'll need Palm to help him fix it. I installed PreWare and haven't looked back.

ian
    What?!? I don't think they understood your problem!! How can this be an enhancement? You can't call it syncronizing, when it doesn't syncronize! I can understand having to hit sync to send the deletes to the server, but when I hit the sync button, it should delete from my phone whatever is no longer in my Inbox!!
    Agreed - and this is normal functionality for every other device I've used. I have the feeling that this got broken unintentionally, but was found too late and given too low importance to be corrected before releasing 1.3.1.

M$ does the same thing and calls them "undocumented features", y'know. *shrug*
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    They've simply changed the behavior to match standard behavior of
    all other pop3 clients.
    If I have two PC based pop3 clients, and both fetch the same email,
    and then one deletes it from the pop3 server itself, the other client won't
    automatically delete it from its local store on next poll. Would actually be
    a bug if it did. The problem here is that folks are confusing standard
    pop3 behavior with "sync". pop3 doesn't do two way sync. It's
    a protocol for fetching emails only, not real time synchronization of all state.
    I can see how if you'd gotten used to the old behavior, you'd find
    the new behavior annoying, but the old behavior was really the
    non-standard way of doing it.

It's also possible that they made the change to fix a performance
    problem. Because of the way pop3 protocol works, the only way
    you can detect when an email has been deleted from the server is
    to fetch the full list of email headers from the server every time you
    check email and then compare your local store to the full list to
    see if anything local has been removed from the server, so you
    could then remove it locally. Problem is, some people keep zillions
    of emails on their pop3 server so fetching the whole header list
    would take a long long time, keeping the radio active, sucking down
    the battery etc. People have complained before that they have
    battery problems when they have a lot of email on the server
    and this is probably why.

With the new behavior the client can choose to only request
    new headers, which should always be a relatively small list.
    Yes you lose the ability to detect when emails have been deleted
    from the server, but it should use a lot less juice.

ian
    When I plug in the usb to my computer it no longer asks to just charge, use as usb storage, or media sync. Also, while the charging icon appears, it does not actually charge. I am able to charge through the wall charger though.

Anyone else having this problem? If so, is there a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    They've simply changed the behavior to match standard behavior of
    all other pop3 clients.
    If I have two PC based pop3 clients, and both fetch the same email,
    and then one deletes it from the pop3 server itself, the other client won't
    automatically delete it from its local store on next poll. Would actually be
    a bug if it did. The problem here is that folks are confusing standard
    pop3 behavior with "sync". pop3 doesn't do two way sync. It's
    a protocol for fetching emails only, not real time synchronization of all state.
    I can see how if you'd gotten used to the old behavior, you'd find
    the new behavior annoying, but the old behavior was really the
    non-standard way of doing it.

It's also possible that they made the change to fix a performance
    problem. Because of the way pop3 protocol works, the only way
    you can detect when an email has been deleted from the server is
    to fetch the full list of email headers from the server every time you
    check email and then compare your local store to the full list to
    see if anything local has been removed from the server, so you
    could then remove it locally. Problem is, some people keep zillions
    of emails on their pop3 server so fetching the whole header list
    would take a long long time, keeping the radio active, sucking down
    the battery etc. People have complained before that they have
    battery problems when they have a lot of email on the server
    and this is probably why.

With the new behavior the client can choose to only request
    new headers, which should always be a relatively small list.
    Yes you lose the ability to detect when emails have been deleted
    from the server, but it should use a lot less juice.

ian
    But every other phone I've had where I can sync up a POP account has actually syncronized. This seems like a feature removal. At LEAST give us the option instead of just taking it away. Very, very, very frustrating!!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Anyone having trouble playing custom ringtones (mp3 format)? They begin to play but they audio abruptly cuts off half-way through. They play fine on my computer and worked with 1.2.1. I tried deleting and replacing the files but no luck.
    has anyone found a solution for this issue-cannnot validate? I've been trying since Sunday and it'll go through the download but when it gets to validating-it gives me an error-cannot validate we will try again tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slymi121 View Post
    has anyone found a solution for this issue-cannnot validate? I've been trying since Sunday and it'll go through the download but when it gets to validating-it gives me an error-cannot validate we will try again tomorrow.
    Frankly, you may want to consider yourself lucky. Way too many issues with the upgrade. Makes me think the webos pre-release testing isn't following strick IV&V guides or they are using someone to just read the code and 'thinks' that will work.