Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qbngator View Post
    Since the update, here are my Pre's problems:

- Battery life: All of the settings are just as they were before the update, yet the battery only lasts about 5-6 hrs on standby...even less when used.

- Battery charging: Charging the battery takes (at least) twice as long as it did before the update.

- Lag: Everything has a serious lag (phone, launcher, applications, etc.)

- Yahoo email password: I get a notification about 6 times per day that I need to re-enter the password.

Would appreciate input here, and discussion of these topics in webcast.

Thank you.
    I had the same issues (I have since reverted back to 1.2.1). In addition to the LOOONG charge time and 3 minute discharge, my phone would get insanely HOT when charging. I was using the 1400mAh Mugen battery. It has never gotten that hot before.

It's just not worth the trouble. Save yourself the aggravation and go back to 1.2.1!
    Here are all the problems I'm having with my Pre since the update. I made a comment earlier in the posts, but that was before I really dug in and uncovered all the latest nastiness:

1. Absolutely can not install any new apps. At all.

2. Screen constantly locks up and won't register touch, especially on incoming calls.

3. Notifications are screwy. Sometimes I don't get them. Others repeat constantly.

4. Message app won't let me delete conversations. They disappear when I swip them, but I can still type a contact's name from the main screen and the entire conversation will be retrieved. This is a bad thing, because once I've swiped a conversation for one contact, they never show back up in my "Conversations" view even when they send a new message. I only get the notification.

5. Slow, laggy video playback (as reported in previous posts).

6. Battery is dead after only 4 hours of low-to-moderate use.

7. Calendar app constantly freezes. Expanding a compressed area of time is the worst.

8. Web Browser now registers touches (clicks on links) when pinching or reverse-pinching. This means I'm constantly clicking links I didn't mean to. This wasn't happening before.

9. Constantly getting an error message telling me "No Data Connection Available", even in places I've never had a problem getting a strong 3G signal before.

I think I should note that I don't have any patches running at all. I also have only a couple homebrew apps (I've paid for all my favorites that have graduated to the App Store. Congrats, by the way!).

By the way, I hope the developers out there are furious with Palm over this whole issue with the partition for apps. If I was developing an app for WebOS, I'd be really put off knowing that my app not only had to compete in a market place, but that users were going to have to decide whether or not to delete my app to make room for something else. Not cool.

I was hoping 1.3.1 would address this issue, along with a lot of other really obvious issues with WebOS. Six months into this and the honeymoon is over for me. Palm's got a lot to address in a really short amount of time if they want to keep me from bailing on this platform by next June.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I can't download any apps from the official app catalog (says I am out of space... first I tried deleting a few apps). I can d/l plenty of homebrew apps still.
    The landscape mail patch wont install, along with several other patches.
    I also loose Ev and dont get phone calls when people call.
    Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nthimage View Post
    I can't download any apps from the official app catalog (says I am out of space... first I tried deleting a few apps). I can d/l plenty of homebrew apps still.
    IF you have preware and pkgmgrsvc you can take them off,load stuff from appcat and put them back...

No idea for the guy who can't even add homebrews...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    IF you have preware and pkgmgrsvc you can take them off,load stuff from appcat and put them back...

No idea for the guy who can't even add homebrews...
    I can add some patches, and nearly all apps. But there are many like the Email Landscape patch that wont install. Also, all of a sudden I get these grey round bars in my text messages below the message.. No idea what that is.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    **** sucks
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Here's another one for you:

For POP3 eMail, deleting an eMail from the server no longer removes it from the phone.

I'm with you on this one. Its really f'ing annoying.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams1 View Post
    Hey milominderbinder this might be long but i need some help:

I had the 1.3.1 update yesterday and had the same issue that everyone else is having (or had) with their patches not working. I installed the EPR during the day but didnt make it to my home computer last night. I plugged my pre into the wall charger overnight, and discovered this morning that it didnt charge and all my apps are stacked on each other in one launcher page. I cant use the universal search or anything that involves the laucher besides "device info" because thats the one on top! Any suggestions?
    I guess i should just open this up to anyone who could help me out here! Send me something cuz it would be nice to use my apps!
    since 1.31 i have gotten random shutdowns twice a day, never had it before.

Also videos and Youtube stutter after a minute of watching.

Whats up with that?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    since 1.31 i have gotten random shutdowns twice a day, never had it before.

Also videos and Youtube stutter after a minute of watching.

Whats up with that?
    Not sure whats up with that, but I had the system shutdown during a Youtube also. hmmm, things are getting wierder everyday since 1.31
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    how do you go back to 1.2.1??? this new update is in the toilet..
    Seems like there must be some logic to who is having problems and who isn't. Here's what I did and I am not having any problems, although yesterday I saw the Theme issue, but that has been fixed.

• I downloaded latest version of Doctor and Quick Install.
    • I removed the existing Theme on the Phone
    • I hooked up phone and did the Quick Install ERP process which removed all patches
    • I think I did the ERP in Preware too
    • I then did the Palm update, took about 15 minutes and then another 15 for install
    • Thereafter Pre seemed to work fine
    • I then started installing patches and didn't get any rejected
    • I installed a new Theme, again no problem

I am not having the battery problems, although I removed battery and inserted another battery I have after update.

• I checked video and running fine, maybe it runs faster than before (less lag)
    • No e-mail problems
    • No extra app pages

I don't know if I am lucky or something I did above worked?
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Seems like there must be some logic to who is having problems and who isn't.
    It's almost like we ought to have two Sticky Posts for 1.3.1 issues: One post for people who've installed mods and patches, and another for people who haven't. It might help weed out what types of users are having what types of problems.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gump666 View Post
    how do you go back to 1.2.1??? this new update is in the toilet..
    For now you can use the webOSDoctor on the palm website. Its still at version 1.2.1.
    How about 3 threads, one for people who had mods and aren't having problems, another for those that had mods and are having problems and finally those that didn't have mods and having problems.

I would find it interesting how many here had no mods at all and then upgraded. Maybe some like me that waited till after 1.2.1 was delivered before I started mods. I got my Pre right before 1.2 and knew 1.2 was coming.

Hopefully, those that didn't any mods upgraded and aren't having too many problems. Then its just down to the patch removal process and who did what and how that is affecting some more than others. I am just glad I am one of the lucky ones without problems. Knock, Knock of Wood!

Sorry to hear others are having problems, I know how frustrating it is.

Quote Originally Posted by orangeneptune View Post
    It's almost like we ought to have two Sticky Posts for 1.3.1 issues: One post for people who've installed mods and patches, and another for people who haven't. It might help weed out what types of users are having what types of problems.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Hopefully, those that didn't any mods upgraded and aren't having too many problems.
    I didn't have any mods and I'm having all sorts of problems.
    Last edited by orangeneptune; 11/17/2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Quote didn't display correctly
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeneptune View Post
    Here are all the problems I'm having with my Pre since the update.
    Since you didn't mention it, I have to ask. Have you rebooted the phone?
    All of your symptoms sound like they have a common cause, something
    running fast and furious in the background sucking down your battery
    and causing other apps to lag (which can also explain why you're getting
    clicks with pinch/expand as it doesn't detect movement while it's paused).

The only issues I've had since 1.3.1 revolve around Yahoo synergy.
    Yahoo Contacts and Calendar are battery sckers so I removed em.
    It added Yahoo email as a push profile, so I switched it back to poll.
    YIM worked initially, then didn't work for a couple days and works again
    after removing and re-adding it (and again removing Yahoo Contacts
    and Calendar). It works fine now, but I keep it offline most of the time.

After a few battery cycles everything on my phone is pretty much back
    to normal. Battery monitor reports 1.35%/hr drain over the last 8 hours
    on standby, which is better than before 1.3.1, but I'll wait a couple more
    days before drawing any conclusions.

My phone was unpatched before 1.3.1 but had a bunch of HB apps.
    I had to switch from FileCoaster to PreWare so ended up installing some
    new patches. PreWare now reports 36 HB apps, 2 linux apps, 10 patches,
    1 plugin, 1 service and 22 "unknown" apps, and my phone is running as happily
    as it ever has.

While 1.3.1 definitely has issues with specific features, I don't see any
    evidence to suggest that it's inherently broken. I think reverting back to 1.2.1
    only makes sense for wiping the phone clean with WebOS Doctor
    until it is updated with the 1.3.1 ROM.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 11/17/2009 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Since you didn't mention it, I have to ask. Have you rebooted the phone?
    Oh yes. My phone's been rebooted a couple times since the update. Once because I thought a reboot might help fix some of my issues. Once more because the battery was dead by lunch and I didn't have a charger handy.