Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Neither of these make sense.

If your Wifi is staying on, then it's because some app is trying to
    access the net all the time. Find that and disable or re-configure it.
    Having Wifi on is generally a good thing, because as I said in the
    reply above, it uses less power than EVDO. However it should shut
    off the moment you put the phone to sleep unless you're
    streaming music or have some other app constantly on the network.

ian
    Well I am clueless at what that could be .. the WIFI shuts off when the phone is asleep, but still drains - comes up when I wake it and the battery drains - i have nothing running, no new apps I wasnt using before - I even turned off location services and removed my email - if something was running, trying to access, wouldnt it drain from EVDO too??
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    Well I am clueless at what that could be .. the WIFI shuts off when the phone is asleep, but still drains - comes up when I wake it and the battery drains - i have nothing running, no new apps I wasnt using before - I even turned off location services and removed my email - if something was running, trying to access, wouldnt it drain from EVDO too??
    Im also having problems with wifi. But it seems to be with certain Routers. Is there a way to complete wipe out all the wifi settings so I can recode the wep codes back in?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dint56 View Post
    Im also having problems with wifi. But it seems to be with certain Routers. Is there a way to complete wipe out all the wifi settings so I can recode the wep codes back in?
    Click on Wifi in right hand system menu, then Wifi Preferences
    Then you can choose any network it currently sees, tap on it
    to bring up its properties and select Forget Network.

I don't see any way to remove networks that it can't currently see.

ian
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    My point was, Wifi is down when it sleeps and up when it's awake
    and you say it shows high drain either way, so clearly it's not
    a Wifi issue.

However, my advice to all perceived battery issues immediately following
    any major update, is simply to wait a few days and let it go
    through 3-4 full charge/discharge cycles. There's always a group of
    people with "horrible" battery usage, and another who claim fantastic
    battery usage after each update, and after about week, everything is
    normal. Be it battery gauge recalibration (which is definitely required after
    every update), or server or network problems due to overloading as
    everyone tries to fetch the update and causes every
    data connection to hang, the battery behavior is always random for
    a few days after each update. Wait it out. It'll stabilize.

ian
    I'm having what I can only describe as an odd problem. I'm running webos 1.2.1 in the US, on Sprint. I've removed all patches from 1.2.1, restarted the phone and all that. I went into the 'Updates' app earlier today, expecting the phone to tell me that 1.3.1 was available. Instead, it offered to update a handful of apps. No problem, I thought. I figured it just wanted a wifi connection and/or to be plugged in to tell me there was an OS update available. I'm now at home, on wifi, with the phone plugged in and a full charge, no patches/tweaks, and the phone is saying that it is up to date with 1.2.1? Can anyone help?
    I'm glad I knew to uninstall my patches before updating but I think they should look into patching the updater to say to remove them if updates are available when you install the preware app
    Great comment.

Given there are so many people using the hacks on this forum and Palm-Sprint knows about it, why wouldn't they remind people? It seems the nature of WebOS is the openess and Palm is playing to the hackers (meant in the greatest respect and appreciation). Think Palm should wise up, acknowledge the mods and put reminders in. A simple reminder could be the difference between 25,000 customer support calls and a few calls. All is has to say is, "if you have any mods on your phone, please remove before installing updates." They put a delay button so the person can hold off on the update. I have bricked a phone before because I forgot, hopefully won't happen again, but we were all Newb's at one time or another.

Wolfie

Quote Originally Posted by aikin View Post
    I'm glad I knew to uninstall my patches before updating but I think they should look into patching the updater to say to remove them if updates are available when you install the preware app
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Since the update, here are my Pre's problems:

- Battery life: All of the settings are just as they were before the update, yet the battery only lasts about 5-6 hrs on standby...even less when used.

- Battery charging: Charging the battery takes (at least) twice as long as it did before the update.

- Lag: Everything has a serious lag (phone, launcher, applications, etc.)

- Yahoo email password: I get a notification about 6 times per day that I need to re-enter the password.

Would appreciate input here, and discussion of these topics in webcast.

Thank you.
    Last edited by qbngator; 11/17/2009 at 10:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hey milominderbinder this might be long but i need some help:

I had the 1.3.1 update yesterday and had the same issue that everyone else is having (or had) with their patches not working. I installed the EPR during the day but didnt make it to my home computer last night. I plugged my pre into the wall charger overnight, and discovered this morning that it didnt charge and all my apps are stacked on each other in one launcher page. I cant use the universal search or anything that involves the laucher besides "device info" because thats the one on top! Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Exchange Calendar - When I make a calendar entry on my Pre it does NOT show up on my Exchange Calendar on the Desktop. (Others have this problem too). This is a MAJOR concern for me.
    Ditto for me too...big problem. Reported on the Palm forums too and there are other saying the same

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...hread.id=11250

Also having problems with my Pre showing events that are not on my Google Calendar...reported here

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...thread.id=6152
    Last edited by CTSLICK; 11/17/2009 at 08:57 AM. Reason: added links
    CTSLICK
    Rock ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    I just realized I am having the same problem. It isn't just Google for me; my Outlook reminders are all going an hour early as well.
    Dammit, just had this happen on an Outlook/exchange appoint too. Never happened previous to 1.3.1
    CTSLICK
    Rock ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by J1000 View Post
    Im having the same issue on both my pre's with texted videos. new videos play fine, but we had a couple old ones that get the error when trying to play them. cant forward the videos neither. I thought you could forward videos now?
    I am having similar problem. Have about 8 videos on my Pre in addition to the "Have Fun" video that came with the phone. All 8 were converted at the same time and played fine before this update. Now 6 of them no longer play. I believe they are all the same format given I converted them all at the same time.

Also - hate that I have to tap the "Done" button after typing in the PIN to unlock the phone. It used to be that once the last number of the PIN was entered it would unlock automatically, correct?
    Had the battery issue plus some general not working correctly issues. Kept loosing my radio (phone) connection. Would actually have the signal bars disappear and Phone Off displayed in the left corner, then just as fast as it turned off it would turn back on.

I did the doctor 1.2.1 then downloaded and reinstalled 1.3.1 Everything running perfect now. My battery performance is better than it ever has been and things in general just work better!
    Quote Originally Posted by mspoho View Post
    Had the battery issue plus some general not working correctly issues. Kept loosing my radio (phone) connection. Would actually have the signal bars disappear and Phone Off displayed in the left corner, then just as fast as it turned off it would turn back on.

I did the doctor 1.2.1 then downloaded and reinstalled 1.3.1 Everything running perfect now. My battery performance is better than it ever has been and things in general just work better!
    Thanks for the 411. However, I don't think that you, or anybody, should have to go through the trouble of "doctoring" the phone so that everything works properly. Palm needs to do something about these issues.
    can no longer find virtual keyboard under available patches....
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    Video playback of anything other than the stock Pre video is HORRIBLE! Slow, laggy, out of sync...TERRIBLE! What the what Palm?!

Also, the ringtone volume now seems to be tied to the alert and notification volume. Which I hate! I usually have my ringtone up and system volume down, especially at night. That way if the phone rings in the night I hear it but emails and calendar reminders don't bother me. This blows.
    I used to be able to turn my system sounds off at night and it would silence all sounds except the ringer and alarm. This worked well to not interfere with sleep but also let me hear when someone calls during the night. Now, the email and message notification are not effected by the "system sounds" settings. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbngator View Post
    Since the update, here are my Pre's problems:

- Lag: Everything has a serious lag (phone, launcher, applications, etc.)

- Yahoo email password: I get a notification about 6 times per day that I need to re-enter the password.
    While some of the improvements seem nice, the phone seems more temperamental now.

- when the phone is lagging, its much worse than before
    - messaging is slower
    - some apps seemed to have issues(not sure if this a 1.3.1 problem or that the apps need to be updated)
    - browser "enhancements" seem to have degraded the browser experience. Having to to tap on a link multiple times sometimes and once on others is frustrating.
    - Yesterday I did not receive one email notification yet I had received emails.
    - Pre froze up twice yesterday. I had never had that happen before.

I think improvements to the photo app, messaging options, and phone app are nice. I don't believe in going backwards so I have no interest in going back to 1.2.1 but I hope their is a small update that is coming up that would alleviate some of these issues. In interest of full disclosure, I use about 19 patches. I removed them and my theme before downloading and installing 1.3.1. I did notice that I still had an extra launcher page after removing the patches.
    I live in Ontario Canada, on the Bell network. After installing 1.3.1 my GPS no longer works

Is this a known problem? I searched this thread & didn't see others mentioning anything.. the GPS used to work!

I tried apps, tried Google maps, tried the diagnostic utility, even tried ##GPS#.. nothing works
    Quote Originally Posted by wmconvert View Post
    I used to be able to turn my system sounds off at night and it would silence all sounds except the ringer and alarm. This worked well to not interfere with sleep but also let me hear when someone calls during the night. Now, the email and message notification are not effected by the "system sounds" settings. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    System sounds were changed to adjust in parallel with the volume ringer. Not ideal at all and I've also put in a request to have this changed back to it's previous 1.2.1 state in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by leftbehind5805 View Post
    can no longer find virtual keyboard under available patches....
    VKB is not yet available for 1.3.1
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!