Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnthenet View Post
    I generally keep data off and use WIFI when at work or home. I noticed that after updating, I will lose my wifi connection every so often and have to disable and re enable it.

Thanks,
    Eric
    I am having the exact same problem. I lose WIFI connection and have to turn WIFI off and back on (sometimes more than once ) to be able to reconnect.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Exchange Calendar - When I make a calendar entry on my Pre it does NOT show up on my Exchange Calendar on the Desktop. (Others have this problem too). This is a MAJOR concern for me.
    ditto....
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Neither of these make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarnes2270 View Post
    I'm finding that when I activate my wifi, EVDO is not active. This prevents me from surfing the web from my phone at home without eating up my battery. I'm sure that everyone can relate to this.
    The Pre *always* disables EVDO when there's an active WiFi connection.
    The Wifi radio uses a lot less power than the EVDO radio so it's
    a desirable feature. Every time you wake the phone up, you should
    see the Wifi connection come up and the EVDO icon go away. This is
    how the Pre has always worked.

Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    yeah after 2 days of battery dieing within a few hours I realized Wi Fi is the culprit - turned it off and phone lasted all day - turned it on an hour ago again and its eating battery fast ( went from 60 to 45 in less than an hour )
    If your Wifi is staying on, then it's because some app is trying to
    access the net all the time. Find that and disable or re-configure it.
    Having Wifi on is generally a good thing, because as I said in the
    reply above, it uses less power than EVDO. However it should shut
    off the moment you put the phone to sleep unless you're
    streaming music or have some other app constantly on the network.

ian
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blessedkdg View Post
    ditto....
    And your default calendar is set to your exchange server? (when in Calendar, select Calendar pull down, select 'Preferences & accounts' and scroll all the way down to see the default.

I am having the same issue, and have hit 'Sync Now' about 10 times.

I was waiting to upgrate to 1.3.1 but found it had downloaded and was waiting for 'next charge' to install. Not so happy. I could have stopped the daemon I guess.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamequeen View Post
    I noticed that the Swap Reply All with Move to Folder patch cause me not to be able to open any emails. After I removed it then I was able to open them again. Try removing that patch if you have it installed then restart your Pre and try again.
    I actually noticed that after I doctored it and reinstalled the patches one at a time and tried email...was just coming back to report the same. I removed the patch and was able to view emails again.
    i did my update and now when i hook up my pre to the computer, the only options it gives me is "just charge", & "USB mode". anyone eles have this prob? how do i fix it?
    I'm having a lil issue since I update..when I was with 1.2.1 I installed the gray shutter sound on/off so I when uninstall all my patches I think I forget to turn on back my camera sound... Since I update my camera shutter don't have the sound!. How can I fix it? Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBinOK View Post
    I'm in a similar situation.....My Pre had _NEVER_ rebooted before updating to 1.3.1, now has done it twice in 48 hours. Both times I had a couple of cards open, though not excessive. In one case, I had the internet browser and email open, in the other I had a couple of the Moblyng games open--I believe M:Mafia and Dungeonquest. In both cases, the Pre became laggy and the appeared to almost freeze up entirely before going into spontaneous reboot. Appeared to operate fine after reboot.

My Pre has never had any patches, tweaks, or roots on it.
    My Pre is also resetting. It has done it while loading a webpage, playing a video, copying and pasting google maps directions and I think once just sitting there. This phone is really starting to **** me off. I am unloading it for a Hero or switching to Verizon for the Eris.

I uninstalled all patches before updating so I did that right. I do have a couple of patches installed but they are mainly for the email app.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem. No shutter sound and I cant find the green button patch either.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Exchange Calendar - When I make a calendar entry on my Pre it does NOT show up on my Exchange Calendar on the Desktop. (Others have this problem too). This is a MAJOR concern for me.
    Update: I WebOs Doc'd back to 1.2.1 and tested my Exchange Calendar - e.g. Made new event on my Pre and ..... it synced to my Desktop w/ no problems

I re-installed 1.3.1 and tested my Exchange Calendar - its official 1.3.1 broke sync with my Exchange Calendar (create event on Pre and it doesn't sync onto desktop)

Here is what Palm Tech Support said:

I have discussed your case with my supervisor and unfortunately, we do not have a resolution for this issue. What I would like to do, is place your case into a special team that develops technical solutions. They will do further research on it. They would be in touch with you once they have further updates. I cannot commit to a specific callback period, but please know that we are working on your case.

I guess I wont be installing patches for a bit...with all the BUGS in 1.3.1, WebOs 1.3.2 is likely just around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarx View Post
    I am having the same problem. No shutter sound and I cant find the green button patch either.
    yeap that's really sucks to forget this lil things in the patches so as you I'm waiting for the shutter on/off patch release for 1.3.1
    Was about to go down the same road. thanks for saving me the hassle.
    i can not conect to my computer it just says it charging and does not give me an option to link to the computer need some help thanks
    Howdy everybody,

So, I updated my phone to 1.3.1 on Sunday when it was first announced on this site, since checking for new articles is one of the things I do within an hour of getting up every day. Like a dutiful hacker, I removed all of my patches, tweaks, and themes using PreWare and QI. I updated fine, and everything was just skippy. I reinstalled all of my patches, tweaks, and themes with no problem (except for Jump one Word at Time patch, which wouldn't uninstall via Preware, but i uninstalled it with QI and it isn't needed anymore since we have the orange+gesture to move the cursor). However, I accidentally hit Update later on Sunday instead of Preware (they are next to each other), and the Update app said "Installation of Palm webOS 1.3.1 will take about 15 minutes. Your phone...blah blah blah". That is what it says now, actually. Originally, it said I needed to update to 1.3.1 which was 1 MB. Now, whenever I plug the phone in to charge, the Update Notification pops up and asks if I want to install now or install later. I keep hitting install later, because I am afraid to update to 1.3.1 again. Under Device Info, my version is 1.3.1 and the config is Sprint 2.0.

Anyone got any advice?

thanks, jmartino2011
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    webOSDr'ing again. third time's a charm right? hopefully this time 1.3.1 won't have any issues...or if it does, maybe it'll be ones that i can live with...
    i am having the same problem
    I had been enjoying playing .MOV files on my Pre that were mailed to me. I was enjoying a small video one day, and then I updated to WebOS 1.3.1 and it no longer plays. When I select the attachment in the email, I get the error "Cannot find an application which can open this file". Is anyone else seeing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by eazytimes View Post
    i can not conect to my computer it just says it charging and does not give me an option to link to the computer need some help thanks
    I had the same issues. It corrected itself after some time. The only thing I did right before the change occured was I went into Outlook to add some contacts & it had me set my calling area code. Could just be a coincidence.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    Now, whenever I plug the phone in to charge, the Update Notification pops up and asks if I want to install now or install later. I keep hitting install later, because I am afraid to update to 1.3.1 again. Under Device Info, my version is 1.3.1 and the config is Sprint 2.0.

Anyone got any advice?

thanks, jmartino2011
    This happened to a lot of people after 1.2.1 and the running
    theory is that it has to do with apps that add files to the / partition.

Easiest way to handle it is to disable the update manager from a command
    line (do a search for "blocking updates" on WebOS internals. It's the only
    way to be sure, and will ensure that you have plenty of
    time to remove your tweaks/hacks before the next official update.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by donniew View Post
    I had been enjoying playing .MOV files on my Pre that were mailed to me. I was enjoying a small video one day, and then I updated to WebOS 1.3.1 and it no longer plays. When I select the attachment in the email, I get the error "Cannot find an application which can open this file". Is anyone else seeing this?

Im having the same issue on both my pre's with texted videos. new videos play fine, but we had a couple old ones that get the error when trying to play them. cant forward the videos neither. I thought you could forward videos now?