Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 30 ... LastLast
    After upgrade, anyone running into app limit issues? I don't have a lot of apps, and i had fair dinkum app limit installed (removed for upgrade) and now I can't install anything from the official catalog due to space limit. Reinstalling fair dinkum didn't help.

I searched but didn't find any other posts about it. Thoughts?
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    My pre has never crashed until I got 1.3.1. Perhaps it was a coincidence. I tried to cut and paste directions from google maps to an email and my phone froze and reset itself.

I was browsing casually and same thing...Froze and rebooted...

Anyone else see this.. I had reboots twice on the the day that I updated to 1.3.1 but never had this issue before.

I have not had them since...but I have not tried to cut and paste google map directions for the google maps app.
    Damn!!! I was away from my home computer this weekend so I was waiting to remove my patches for when I got home, but when I woke up Sunday I got the notification that 1.3.1 was installed (I didn't go to update or anything!!) and I never got to uninstall my patches. Now I have no access to remove them and the app catalog won't even let me update any of my apps!! Anything I can do other than Webos Doctor??
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    After upgrade, anyone running into app limit issues? I don't have a lot of apps, and i had fair dinkum app limit installed (removed for upgrade) and now I can't install anything from the official catalog due to space limit. Reinstalling fair dinkum didn't help.

I searched but didn't find any other posts about it. Thoughts?
    I am having this issue as well...so far the only solution I have seen was to do a partial erase...I really would rather not do that though...
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Yes the only problems are with theme....People that make themes say they cant find out how to change the lock screen or the contact icons
    Add me to the list of people who are getting crazy battery drain issues. Previously I could go through a typical day using 50%, with Gmail and Exchange set to sync every 30 minutes.

I added Yahoo after 1.3.1 and it looks like it reset my Gmail sync frequency to "as emails arrive" and set Yahoo for the same. Perhaps that's why I'm running out of juice at the end of the day (or sometimes earlier).
    Quote Originally Posted by jcole01272 View Post
    I am having this issue as well...so far the only solution I have seen was to do a partial erase...I really would rather not do that though...

OK, after reading a bit more I used the Emergency Patch Recovery from Preware, and that seems to have fixed my issue!!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    battery life on my pre sucks even more than it did before 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lemurnandy View Post
    OK, I ran the Repair utility overnight, and the hone seems much faster this morning. I tried to install a theme again, and got the IPK error. According to the Error info, it thinks there is already a theme installed and has suggested I remove the current theme. Sadly, I have no theme installed, it is showing up as all the factory default themes. I went into WebOSQuickInstall to look at the themer and it is showing that I have the Neon Blue theme installed, which is untrue. I tried resetting the Luna, I tried restarting the phone, I already ran the Repair Utility.

How do I get it to recognize there are no themes installed?

Also, the preware says it need to be updatged, but when I selected it, it said it would interfere with other things. the only two options were cancel or view the other things. Neither button lets me install the update. Any ideas?
    If you ran the webOS Repair Utility (http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html) it would seem to me you were comparing webOS 1.3.1 to the files within webOS Doctor v1.2.1 which indeed wouldn't match up. Or did you find the new webOS Doctor for v1.3.1 somewhere?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I updated my Pre and it no longer shows am or pm in the top bar. The time just says 4:00 and doesn't specify am/pm.

Has it always done this? I feel like it showed this before.

Edit: It doesn't show AM/PM on the lock screen either.
    My keyboard is totally f'd - texing, it will pause for 10 seconds or it will repeat a letter forever, or it will stop working entirely until i sleep the phone and open it again. Been happening consistently since 1.3.1 - IT'S REALLY ANNOYING.
    Long time lurker first time poster...

I've read that some people are having contacts isssues, here's mine: when I go to scroll through contacts it only goes so far as to halfway through the "R's" and S-Z are not there. But if I manually search those S-Z contacts they are there. Anyone else having this problem on a stock Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtina View Post
    Not that I know of or have found.

I got the wifi working properly. It was a combination of two different things. One, I was one digit off on the WEP password although it still said that I was connected. I even entered in a completely different WEP password and it still said that I was connect (blue checkmark) even though I knew that it couldn't connect. Two, when I first set it up under 1.2.1 I had to configure the IP address manually. This time it didn't like it so once I had the correct WEP password entered I changed the IP to auto configure and it works fine.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_nc View Post
    Meeting reminders are triggering an hour earlier than the meeting shows in the calendar. In the reminder, it lists the meeting time as an hour earlier than the meeting shows in the Calendar itself.

The Calendar is a sync off the Google Calendar.

I just realized I am having the same problem. It isn't just Google for me; my Outlook reminders are all going an hour early as well.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    After 1.3.1 the volume level indicator on the screen toggles from mute to volume bars when the Pre mute switch is turned on.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    just updated to 1.3.1,no problems what so ever.Also i might add i'm on o2 network and sitting in scotland,

I've tried everything to get 1.3.1 downloaded, i've had my pre for 3 days and so the charger door has broken, it wont reboot after a battery removal unless i plug in the charger and the batter life is totally useless.....anyone give me a good reason to keep the pre???

And can someone please help me get the useless thing working with the relevant updates???? And I wanted the Pre and not the iphone but from what I can see the iphone has thousands of apps against the paltry 100 or so for the Palm.

5 Sisters, please tell me how you got this to download.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CooLOnE View Post
    Upgraded to 1.3.1 on Saturday night. Removed all patches beforehand using Web OS Quick Install. Updated, then installed all the patches that worked. Set my alarms as usual to wake me up the next day. No problem.

Last night, I set my alarms to wake me up, starting at 9:00, then 9:05, 9:10 etc. When I woke up on my own this morning, I looked at my Pre to see what time it was and it was 9:15. I looked in the alarms to find out why they hadn't gone off and found out that all of them had reset to 10:00 am and Off. This doesn't make sense since they worked the day before. I did have the "every minute" code installed and possibly the second one (I can't even remember what is was right now).

Anybody else?

Guess I'll be setting the alarm on my trusty dusty 755P tonight...
    I set all of my daily alarms last night. Realized halfway through the day they had all changed to 3am and off. I'm lucky the ones I set to get up worked. Alarms are a basic necessity. Come on palm!?! I restored my pre to a clean 1.2.1 using WebOS Dr. and then upgraded.
    Last edited by traderofkind; 11/16/2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: add quote
    my phone app doesnt work, i cant hangup a phone call, or go to call log
    Quote Originally Posted by dulaneyk View Post
    After 1.3.1 the volume level indicator on the screen toggles from mute to volume bars when the Pre mute switch is turned on.
    its always done that
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    My pre has never crashed until I got 1.3.1. Perhaps it was a coincidence. I tried to cut and paste directions from google maps to an email and my phone froze and reset itself.

I was browsing casually and same thing...Froze and rebooted...

Anyone else see this.. I had reboots twice on the the day that I updated to 1.3.1 but never had this issue before.

I have not had them since...but I have not tried to cut and paste google map directions for the google maps app.
    I'm in a similar situation.....My Pre had _NEVER_ rebooted before updating to 1.3.1, now has done it twice in 48 hours. Both times I had a couple of cards open, though not excessive. In one case, I had the internet browser and email open, in the other I had a couple of the Moblyng games open--I believe M:Mafia and Dungeonquest. In both cases, the Pre became laggy and the appeared to almost freeze up entirely before going into spontaneous reboot. Appeared to operate fine after reboot.

My Pre has never had any patches, tweaks, or roots on it.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre