Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
    Just tried running update and it tells me that my phone is up to date. I checked device info and I still show 1.2.1???
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionary View Post
    nailedtonothing, prethemer themes don't seem to be loading. Uncheck it from the feeds manager for now. You can still use the ones from precentral. And there are many patches not available as they aren't 1.3.1 compatible yet.
    There is a problem not found in the SDK with listing the whole 700 themes at once. Go through the List of Everything, or go via Feeds rather than Types to get to the themes you want.

Note that there are 92 patches available for 1.3.1 at release. Restart Preware and Update your feeds if you don't see them.

Follow @webosinternals on twitter for more 1.3.1 news.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I've got two problems:

1) The ROM error shows up on my Pre screen.
    2) For some ungodly reason, I can't run either the WebOSRepair or the WebOSDoctor utilities. When I try to run them, nothing happens at all. I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit. Never had a problem running Java apps before...
  4. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    tryed restart bhartman36 ?

ive some problems with win7 64bit so that i have to restart sometimes for the pre..

but for je WebOSDoctor... newest Java version installed?
  5. JW
    ■ All-day events that span more than one day now appear correctly in all Calendar views.

My Pre still refuses to show all day events. I just updated my phone about 30 minutes ago. Maybe I should let it sit for a day or two?
  6. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hmm Facebook Meeting tomorrow 14-17 (2pm to 5pm) appears in the calendar as 23:00(11pm) to 2:00 (2am on the next day)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    tryed restart bhartman36 ?

ive some problems with win7 64bit so that i have to restart sometimes for the pre..

but for je WebOSDoctor... newest Java version installed?
    Thanks for the suggestion, Ryo. It's sort of working now, but it's very slow. I keep getting an error that the connection is refused. If I click OK, it says it goes on, but it says it can't find the file in WebOS Doctor. See screenshots.

Thanks for any help you can give me!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I cant log into yahoo messenger?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    The USB mode can not display when plugged in, only charging mode.
    Last edited by woodoh; 11/21/2009 at 01:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, Ryo. It's sort of working now, but it's very slow. I keep getting an error that the connection is refused. If I click OK, it says it goes on, but it says it can't find the file in WebOS Doctor. See screenshots.

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Any help, anyone? I don't seem to be getting anywhere w/ the WebOS Repair utility.
    Any help, anyone? I don't seem to be getting anywhere w/ the WebOS Repair utility.
    Finally broke down. Running WebOS Doctor now. Lesson learned.
    Finally broke down. Running WebOS Doctor now. Lesson learned.
    I expect there will be a lot of lessons learned the hard way in the next few days ...

The Doctor will fix things for you - just make sure you keep things clean afterwards - I recommend using Preware to install patches, since then you can always use the Emergency Patch Recovery tool to remove them.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I expect there will be a lot of lessons learned the hard way in the next few days ...

The Doctor will fix things for you - just make sure you keep things clean afterwards - I recommend using Preware to install patches, since then you can always use the Emergency Patch Recovery tool to remove them.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the advice, Rod. The WebOS Doctor utility looks like it's finally done. Phone's booting now.

To be more specific with my "lesson learned" comment: I did something reckless (installing an update w/o removing all patches), and was expecting the WebOS Repair utility to fix it for me. Didn't work. It might work for others, but I suspect that the update may have changed things sufficiently that an update is in order to the WebOS Repair utility. So the lesson is: Don't do anything stupid (like I did), and if you do, expect to have to use the WebOS Doctor utility (at least until the Repair utility has been cleared for 1.3.1).
    After 1.3.1, quick contacts doesn't seem to show any of the pictures. I'm going to delete the app and try redownloading.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Thanks for the advice, Rod. The WebOS Doctor utility looks like it's finally done. Phone's booting now.

To be more specific with my "lesson learned" comment: I did something reckless (installing an update w/o removing all patches), and was expecting the WebOS Repair utility to fix it for me. Didn't work. It might work for others, but I suspect that the update may have changed things sufficiently that an update is in order to the WebOS Repair utility. So the lesson is: Don't do anything stupid (like I did), and if you do, expect to have to use the WebOS Doctor utility (at least until the Repair utility has been cleared for 1.3.1).
    If you use Preware to install all your patches, then you could have run the Emergency Patch Recovery tool immediately *after* (yes, *after*, not *before*) updating the 1.3.1 and it would have removed all your patches. Note that we still recommend people remove them before updating, but we've designed the AutoPatch technology to even work immediately after an update.

-- Rod
    Before I updated to 1.3.1 I had PRL 60657. Now after 1.3.1 installed I have PRL 60654.

I'm on a Sprint US Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by nailedtonothing View Post
    themes won't load up in preware, also no sms tone per contact patch anymore.
    ya I am trying from the morning to install my fav theme in preware . But preware shows 699 themes and when i click it it freezes and i have to close the whole preware card ! Is it a compatibility issue ?

Chander
    Quote Originally Posted by chander View Post
    ya I am trying from the morning to install my fav theme in preware . But preware shows 699 themes and when i click it it freezes and i have to close the whole preware card ! Is it a compatibility issue ?

Chander
    Go through the List of Everything, or select Feeds instead of Types to get to themes. There's a difference between the pre-release SDK and the OTA update in webOS.

Follow @webosinternals on twitter for more 1.3.1 news.

We've just doubled the RAM allocated for preware.org to 8GB to handle the spike which is happening right now ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye View Post
    Before I updated to 1.3.1 I had PRL 60657. Now after 1.3.1 installed I have PRL 60654.

I'm on a Sprint US Pre.
    Noticed this too, ran a PRL update after another reset and it updated back to 60657.
    I cannot connect my pre to my laptop over bluetooth anymore.
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast