Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 27 ... LastLast
    I had two of your three problems, Franko.
    The Voicemail and the too many cards.
    Odd.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaguy75 View Post
    I'm unable to get the "Add Roam Control to Prefs" patch working after updating to 1.3.1. Anyone else?
    You're not the only one. I can't get it too work either. All my other tweaks seem fine!
    ok, im searching, what's goin on with the themes? I have four themes and uploaded two today on Prethemer, and they were on Preware before i updated. I realize there are some files to update, but im not seeing that it is necessary for the themes to still work. So where have all the 710 themes gone. Or what do I have to do to get mine back up on Preware? Signed, Confused...thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    Issue #1:

ok so I have followed the directions to install preware via these instructions:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html. yet when I pull up preware on my phone it looks like this

It normally looks like the picture posted on the insructions...
    Your screenshot is with "Show Available Types" set to "No" and the one in the instructions is a screenshot with "Show Available Types" set to "Yes" and "Show Applications", "Show Themes" and "Show Patches" set to "Yes" and "Show Other Types" set to "No". You can select these preferences as you desire.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    ok, im searching, what's goin on with the themes? I have four themes and uploaded two today on Prethemer, and they were on Preware before i updated. I realize there are some files to update, but im not seeing that it is necessary for the themes to still work. So where have all the 710 themes gone. Or what do I have to do to get mine back up on Preware? Signed, Confused...thanks
    I see 719 themes on my Pre.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    You're not the only one. I can't get it too work either. All my other tweaks seem fine!
    The patch to add it to the right hand
    system menu works great if you really
    need roam only right now. I put the
    GPS toggle and brightness there too
    and that's about all I ever need.

ian
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Anyone seen any issues with opening and e-mail attachment that had an jpg attached to it. I used to be able to click on the image and it would download the jpg and open it so you could view it and then save it. Now i get the error "Cannot find an application which can open this file."

I might be wrong but I don't think it was a patch to do this.

Internalz also seems to have lost the ability to view jpgs.
    Not seeing that problem with email. Attached and
    inline jpgs both render fine.

There is a bug I saw in 1.2.1 that is still present
    in 1.3.1. If replying to a message in the browser
    such as this one, every so often the font size of the
    the text in the textarea jumps several sizes up.
    Problem is the browser acts as though it doesn't
    see the change so the text now extends past the
    right and bottom of the textarea and is not visible
    nor reachable by scrolling with orange scroll gestures.
    Only way to continue is to hit Preview button to
    reload the page and the textarea. It has happened
    to me about 4 times just entering this message.

Looks like I can reproduce fairly reliably right now
    by cardifying the web app with an active textarea
    and then restoring it. As soon as the Back and
    Refresh buttons pop up the font size jumps.
    ian
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Anyone seen any issues with opening and e-mail attachment that had an jpg attached to it. I used to be able to click on the image and it would download the jpg and open it so you could view it and then save it. Now i get the error "Cannot find an application which can open this file."

I might be wrong but I don't think it was a patch to do this.

Internalz also seems to have lost the ability to view jpgs.
    Ditto!... I'm having the same issue. Can't seem to download attachments anymore.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Either of you guys have any Email related patches installed before 1.3.1 update?
    I did and do not. Mine works fine with jpgs.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    1) yes I get the wacky keypad overlay
    2) still opening cards.. wow 21 and counting bah.. when you want to get mem errors its hard
    3)How many pictures are you flipping through? I have 3 and no prob.. taking more
    Thanks, its not really a problem I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Hi Holley,
    Have you done the update? I have the same issue that you posted earlier and have no idea how to make it works.
    There's another thread referring to Pandora suffering in quality since 1.3.1, but I think it's musical playback, in general. It's very muffled and the highs and lows have become muted.

I've check with headphones and bluetooth playback, as well as using Pandora, Music Player, and Remix. All seem to be suffering from 'Audio Cheesecloth'. Also, I've played with volume, treble, and bass to see if I could get it to improve, but it does seem off since the upgrade.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Email won't open at all. Gonna try the webos repair utility. Did anyone at Palm actually test this update? The amount of bugs and problems people are having is ridiculous.
    Jimmie Geddes
    welll when I updated to the 1.3.1 it DELETED my FREE craigslist and mobipedia apps and now wants me to redownload them to pay... I'm pretty sure it did it with the flight tracker app that use to be free too but I havent gone back in to check. I don't get how they are even allowed to do that? Delete your applications just so you're forced to pay for them? Did anyone else notice this? I am pretty ****ed off, almost enough that I may end up getting a DIFFERENT phone...that droid is sounding pretty good. I mean, there's just something that makes me feel violated by them actually removing stuff from MY phone. Seriously, am I wrong here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I got it to work. All my patches and themes work perfectly fine.... I just had my applications deleted.
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    When I first went to use contacts after going to 1.3.1 it said they were empty. Then as soon as I typed in a name they appeared. It was odd.

I have other problems with 1.3.1 though. It has totally messed up Classic 2.0.1...or vice-versa.

I am getting frustrated with updates that give me NO new finctionality and take stuff away and take 1.5 hours to install when I add up all the stuff I have to do to get back where I was....
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by firstimer View Post
    Is there a way to "un" update the phone? Filecoaster no longer works for me and I'm kinda apprehensive about using Preware ( never done). Some of the homebrew apps don't work right after update.
    to be perfectly honest, preware is probably thee best app to use for downloading homebrews. I could hardly ever get filecoaster to work and preload kind of sucks for apps but is good for backgrounds and ringtones. Give preware a try, you won't be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Either of you guys have any Email related patches installed before 1.3.1 update?
    I did and do not. Mine works fine with jpgs.

ian
    Yes, just about all of them. This may be the cause because even some 1.3.1 e-mail patches have installed but slowed the system down so bad I had to remove them.

Went through the Preware uninstall before the upgrade.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    If I create a new item on my Pre to be synced to my Exchange 2007 server, it doesn't pop up. I can delete existing items on the Pre and new items on Outlook show up on the Pre. Someone in the comments section of one of the blog posts indicated that they can change existing items.

It's just new on Pre doesn't sync to Exchange for some reason.
    I take pictures both under water and above. I talk about a bunch of stuff.
    Since installing webOS 1.3.1 themers won't load. The background loads but nothing else. Are there changes that need to be made to the themers so that they are compatible?

Also, sms per contact won't install.